R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Lets give credit to great dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:24 AM
ninjamini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets give credit to great dealers

Lets give credit to dealers that do right by there mini customer.

I bought at Lauderdale Mini in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

They were great do deal with. I ask ALOT of questions (and I can be very annoying asking alot) and they answered them all. They took me on several test drives testing different cars with different options. Dan was my MA and Bonnie is their manager but I have to say that not only were they great but so was everyone else.

I ordered my mini and it took 3 months. I was the second week of production for the 05's. They did a great job with the order.

I paid sticker price for my mini which breaks my heart as I always get a deal on every thing I buy. I am...Frugal yea thats it.

I took delivery and got the full tour of the car. Heck Dan spent more time showing me how the car works than my dad did teaching me the facts of life.

Lamont in service is awesome. He has takes great care of me and of my mini. He always makes me feel like a very important customer.

Honestly if I did not have a great job this would be where I would love to work. Talking about Mini's all day long. That is a statement in itself.

So my thanks go out to LAUDERDALE MINI as one of the best mini dealers in the country. Anyone else have a great dealer story? Lets nominate them ant I will keep a List of the best.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:24 AM
ninjamini
5th Gear
Best dealers in the country:

LAUDERDALE MINI - Fort LAuderdale, FL
FLOW MINI - Winston-Salem, NC
Moritz MINI - Arlington, Texas
Westchester MINI
Patrick MINI - Schaumburg, IL
Otto's MINI - West Chester, PA

Old 05-13-2006, 05:52 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FLOW MINI
Winston-Salem, NC

Old 05-13-2006, 06:06 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moritz MINI in Arlington, Texas (between Dallas and Fort Worth) is top notch for sales and service!!

Old 05-13-2006, 06:09 AM
SashaSolitaire
3rd Gear
Westchester MINI

I understand that Westchester MINI got a bad rep earlier. However, during our first visit to them, (with our vehicle selection printed out with all the details...see....I had the MINI bug even b4 we bought 1....), our MA, Steve, spent nearly 1 hour patiently answering our questions (some of them trick questions, since we already knew the answers!!!).

He took us through all the variants and then took us out on a test drive in a MCSa. We placed the order right after the test drive!!!!. This was on a saturday. On Monday, he had faxed and emailed the production order with the production number.

I think that he could have got me a better rate on the financing ( I am financed thru BMW), but I know for a fact that even a better rate would have saved me only about $500 over the 5 year period. Delivery took almost 1.5 hours, with Steve going thru everything in detail.

There were no hidden charges. We were told that it would take $40 for documentation charges and $45 for registration at the time of placing the order and that was all we paid, other than the down payment, ofcourse. We had a lot of goodies thrown in free, 2 MINI baseball caps, 2 MINI coffee mugs, 2 keychains, floor mats, MINI posters, MINI fun stuff and ofcourse the MINI mints.

Our run-in with the service department was excellent. Inspite of our imagined faults (that was b4 I learnt about tramlining of runflats during braking), we were always treated courteously and promptly. When they had to replace our instrument cluster (due to the clock gaining time), they did the job as promised, within time and there were no misplaced/wrong parts. No scratches, no blemishes!!!!

All in all, I rate Westchester MINI 5 out of 5.

Keep up the good work, guys!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Poiman
2nd Gear
Patrick MINI
Schaumburg, IL
They get my vote! Everything and everybody was great throughout the purchase of my 06. John G. took care of me in ordering. He was fantastic! My wife and I had gone to see a movie and when it let out, I dragged her over to Patrick to just drool over the MINIs as we waited for ours. John was there and knew how anxious we were and asked if we just wanted to take one out for a drive...I believe it was his car, but it completely helped take the edge off of waiting.
Adam H. is a great S.A. I had a few problems with MINI shipping the wrong rims on my car and he and John took care of that issue with no problems. I also just scheduled my first oil change. I let him know that I was having an issue with my passenger side window. It is scratcheed from the convertible mechanism or something. He told me that he would order the part, sight unseen, so when I came in it would be ready.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gokartride
Moritz MINI in Arlington, Texas (between Dallas and Fort Worth) is top notch for sales and service!!
I'lll second this one. I am in the process of buying my second MINI from Moritz (third MINI overall). Moritz has all the bases covered, great sales, fair pricing and fantastic service. Chris L. in sales is a super guy who knows the ins and outs of making a deal perfect. Bryan in service is one of the best in the country according to his customers and MINI USA.

Also MINI of Pittsburgh has great sales and service. Graham is as knowledgable about mods, and driving a MINI quick as anybody out there. As an MA, he gets to live his hobby every day.

Can highly recommend both stores from personal experience.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:05 AM
o4amini
6th Gear
Otto's MINI in West Chester, PA!!!

I ask lots of questions too. Joe my MA has always been great to deal with and makes sure all my concerns are addressed and the car is spotless when returned to me. All the staff from the time I check in till I walk out the door are top notch. They have a comfy owner's lounge if you wait on your car or loaner when the car has to stay. It's worth the 75 minute drive to go there!

Old 05-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Blackhat00
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
I'lll second this one. I am in the process of buying my second MINI from Moritz (third MINI overall). Moritz has all the bases covered, great sales, fair pricing and fantastic service. Chris L. in sales is a super guy who knows the ins and outs of making a deal perfect. Bryan in service is one of the best in the country according to his customers and MINI USA.
I gotta give a shout out to Moritz and Chris L. as my MA as well. This is my first new car purchase and so far (all I have is a production number) it's been an extremely great experience. Chris has put up with no end of questions and test drives from me. The day I ordered I put in about six hours at the dealership going back and forth between configurations. He made sure I test drove everything, argued back and forth with me between the merits of one style vs. the other and when I got a little too price sensitive found ways to make it a bit cheaper (I wasn't too sure on some of the packages so he questioned me on what it was in each package I liked and we ended up going ala carte to get the items I REALLY wanted and saved a few hundred overall over the packages).

I'm not too sure on their pricing, $799 for the 4 year extended maintenance plan seems high compared to other dealers and I suspect there's a couple other fun surprises incoming like that but overall I'm willing to pay a hair extra for some of these kind of things just for the customer service I've been receiving.

Got a HB/B Cooper with Premium, Cold Weather, front and rear fog, 16" run flats inbound, eventually *sigh*.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:13 AM
DivMini
2nd Gear
I'll have to give a shout out for Long Beach Mini and my MA Matt Limburg who made the sales experience absolutely painless. In a marketplace where dealer mark up is still the norm ,Long Beach Mini were the first to charge MSRP. Of the dealerships I visited Long Beach Mini were the only ones that seemed to really be interested in earning my business. I've also found their after sales service to be equally professional. Phone calls and emails have been promptly returned from both my Motoring Advisor and Service Advisor. I'm not easily impressed when it comes to customer service. Thus far I can truthfully say I am indeed impressed with Long Beach Mini!

Old 05-13-2006, 09:46 AM
gr8britwjh
4th Gear
Towne MINI in Williamsville (Buffalo) New York.

A fantastic team of people all the way from sales (especially my MA, Greg Korduba) to service (Adam & Mark) to the technicians (especially Brent).

We purchased both our MINIs from them

Old 05-13-2006, 09:50 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Old 05-13-2006, 10:43 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Braman in West Palm Jose spent allot of time with us showing us both the MC and MCS. 45 days from order to delivery. Great price and lots of extras!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:47 AM
defylogik
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol give credit to a car dealer... their goal is to sell you a car.. at MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course they are going to be nice to you, they already know they are making a fortune off the car and they arent going to have to wheel and deal to get a sale.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:50 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by defylogik
lol give credit to a car dealer... their goal is to sell you a car.. at MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course they are going to be nice to you, they already know they are making a fortune off the car and they arent going to have to wheel and deal to get a sale.
Wrong thread. This isn't the Dealer bashing thread

Old 05-13-2006, 07:07 PM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
I guess this thread leaves a lot of California dealers in the dust. Either they jack you on the purchase or dog you in the service bay.

I use Bob Smith for service and have a good experience, but I am no tsure everyone would say the same thing. They are not a MSRP dealership by any means.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Kentiki
5th Gear
Lauderdale

Old 05-13-2006, 07:58 PM
qwertmonkey
6th Gear
I'd have to say Baron BMW/MINI of Kansas City. I got mine within 3 days of placing the deposit!

Old 05-13-2006, 08:01 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I love my MA's at Long Beach MINI. Bought a Cooper there in '02 and Wanda in '03. They've always treated me well, and once getting the MINI service department separated out from the BMW service, that is now excellent, too.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 AM
C4
Banned
I am also a 3 time repeat buyer at Lauderdale MINI. Unfortunately my long time MA, Crystal Neagle, resigned her position in December. She was the BEST MA Lauderdale MINI ever had and it is still boogles the mind how can you let go of your most loyal (She was the only original MA left from when the store originally opened in March 2002) and hardest working sales person on the floor.

Crystal was nominated as the top MINI sales person in the country for 2005 And it shows.

I really miss her. Her dedication for her customers and the love and passion she showed for the product and her job day in and day out is simply put, hard to match.

Lauderdale will never be the same without Crystal aborard.
She currently works next door at Lauderdale BMW's showroom. But I know deep down inside she still loves the MINI and her loyal customers

Originally Posted by ninjamini
Lets give credit to dealers that do right by there mini customer.

I bought at Lauderdale Mini in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

They were great do deal with. I ask ALOT of questions (and I can be very annoying asking alot) and they answered them all. They took me on several test drives testing different cars with different options. Dan was my MA and Bonnie is their manager but I have to say that not only were they great but so was everyone else.

I ordered my mini and it took 3 months. I was the second week of production for the 05's. They did a great job with the order.

I paid sticker price for my mini which breaks my heart as I always get a deal on every thing I buy. I am...Frugal yea thats it.

I took delivery and got the full tour of the car. Heck Dan spent more time showing me how the car works than my dad did teaching me the facts of life.

Lamont in service is awesome. He has takes great care of me and of my mini. He always makes me feel like a very important customer.

Honestly if I did not have a great job this would be where I would love to work. Talking about Mini's all day long. That is a statement in itself.

So my thanks go out to LAUDERDALE MINI as one of the best mini dealers in the country. Anyone else have a great dealer story? Lets nominate them ant I will keep a List of the best.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:07 AM
C4
Banned
Oh and Dan no longer works at Lauderdale MINI either. He was a nice guy.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:16 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ralph Schomp MINI, Denver, rocks to the core. Finest automotive purchase and service ever. Jimbo

PS plus all Cooper S's in stock are $250 off, Schomp's 65th anniversary

Old 05-22-2006, 11:48 AM
shmelty
1st Gear
I cannot speak for the Dealership as a whole, (I just ordered my Mini), but Mini of Peabody has been excellent so far.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by o4amini
Otto's MINI in West Chester, PA!!!

I ask lots of questions too. Joe my MA has always been great to deal with and makes sure all my concerns are addressed and the car is spotless when returned to me. All the staff from the time I check in till I walk out the door are top notch. They have a comfy owner's lounge if you wait on your car or loaner when the car has to stay. It's worth the 75 minute drive to go there!
+1 for Otto's. the MA's there are great... one is the head of PhillyMINI and one other is very involved in the local SCCA. the dealership sponsors events for both also! the entire experience there was fantastic for me!

Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
fix8ted
3rd Gear
I had a problem with my Alarm and South Bay Mini in Torrance did everything they can to find the problem and gave me a Rental a BMW no less for 4 days...... Go So. Bay Mini

Quick Reply: R50/53 Lets give credit to great dealers