R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Parking tutorial-help for idiots!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:29 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking tutorial-help for idiots!

I just saw this and thought it was pretty funny.
This guy has come up with a flyer that you can print and then put on the windshield of those 'gits who have never learned to park!
Go check out the site, you can print the flyer. The flyer will direct the recipient to the site that illustrates what those lines painted on the ground are intended for!
http://www.jeffthefish.com/

Annette

Old 12-15-2005, 11:46 AM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a brilliant idea. I am glad you posted this. I am printing some up as we type.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like these bumper stickers you can buy in bulk here:

www.iparklikeanidiot.com

Old 12-15-2005, 05:31 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
I need one that says jerk if you line the back of your car up with the sign we can get five cars out here, but when you pull up too far you screw your neighbors, and if my car gets broken into because I had to park in a dark ally instead of in front of my apartment I am going to destroy your car set it on fire pee and poo on its ashed put them in a paper bag set it on fire ring your door bell and run away, only to take a picture of you steping on your burnt car poo bag then use it as my holiday card and mail it to your house with a photoshoped picture of you with another woman and address the letter to your wife then hook up with her and send a picture of me with her to you.

Not that I am bitter about my neighbor messing up the parking for me or anything And for the record I am all talk and no action and my neighbor are two guys so I would have to switch teams to hook up with the non-parker's mate so that really would not happen, but I do feel better now that I typed all that out. May everybody find a perfect parking spot and may peace on earth good will toward man rain upon us in this holiday season.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
I like these bumper stickers you can buy in bulk here:

www.iparklikeanidiot.com

awesome. I wish that they would of had REAL pictures of ppl sticking them on cars rather than photoshops. I'm not sure how much trouble you could get into though for sticking it on someone's car. I think i'll stick with the flyer.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:15 AM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Years ago there used to be one with a picture of MIckey Mouse that said something of the effect,"Next time leave me a can opener so I can get into my car"
It wasnt that nice but you get the idea!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by K4KAS
Years ago there used to be one with a picture of MIckey Mouse that said something of the effect,"Next time leave me a can opener so I can get into my car"
It wasnt that nice but you get the idea!
Here it is, but don't click if you can't handle some strong language. ...

Old 12-16-2005, 04:02 AM
gt6
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rigidjunkie
I need one that says jerk if you line the back of your car up with the sign we can get five cars out here, but when you pull up too far you screw your neighbors, and if my car gets broken into because I had to park in a dark ally instead of in front of my apartment I am going to destroy your car set it on fire pee and poo on its ashed put them in a paper bag set it on fire ring your door bell and run away, only to take a picture of you steping on your burnt car poo bag then use it as my holiday card and mail it to your house with a photoshoped picture of you with another woman and address the letter to your wife then hook up with her and send a picture of me with her to you.
That's got to be one of the best crafted single sentences I've ever read. Brilliant!

Old 12-16-2005, 05:15 AM
mataku
5th Gear

lol nice... I just worry about them little ones who may read it as well. It is a better option than the flier for the iparklikeanidiot site though, my little brother could have made something better.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:30 PM
TheOldMan
4th Gear

Not that I am bitter about my neighbor messing up the parking for me or anything And for the record I am all talk and no action and my neighbor are two guys so I would have to switch teams to hook up with the non-parker's mate so that really would not happen, but I do feel better now that I typed all that out. May everybody find a perfect parking spot and may peace on earth good will toward man rain upon us in this holiday season.
That is the funniest bit I have ever read.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
Hijack alert. The Old Man I think I am going to come up for the auto show this year in Detroit we should meet up and drink a couple cold ones.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
Hijack alert. The Old Man I think I am going to come up for the auto show this year in Detroit we should meet up and drink a couple cold ones.
I hate it when people do this, but.... We'll get with Drew and have a couple at the Inn Place.

BOT
Where we will properly park our MINIs within the yellow lines.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:54 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's some other pretty funny stuff on that site. I enjoyed the articles "How To Cut A Freaking Avocado" and "How To Cut A Freaking Mango." Funny dude.

Old 12-26-2005, 07:24 PM
hoopi
3rd Gear
Okay all...I created an "Unofficial Motoring Citation" for those times when the friendly isn't quite what you had in mind.....it's a bigger download, so you'll have to get it from here (about 3.5 megs):

http://hoopi.org/Motoring_Citation_UnOfficial.pdf

Enjoy!

Old 12-30-2005, 06:49 AM
fsuscotsman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
I just saw this and thought it was pretty funny.
This guy has come up with a flyer that you can print and then put on the windshield of those 'gits who have never learned to park!
Go check out the site, you can print the flyer. The flyer will direct the recipient to the site that illustrates what those lines painted on the ground are intended for!
http://www.jeffthefish.com/

Annette
I can't find the flyer.