R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 So....yeah.....about these boats.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 12:24 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How often do the boats make a trip? I know that they are having all sorts of problems, but it has been really hard for me to find out any information.....all I know is that my car should have been here by now and it's not. I've been waiting since early April....

Old 07-15-2002, 12:55 PM
HighAnxiety
4th Gear
>>How often do the boats make a trip? I know that they are having all sorts of problems, but it has been really hard for me to find out any information.....all I know is that my car should have been here by now and it's not. I've been waiting since early April....

If you want to check the boat schedules go here:

<a href="http://www.2wglobal.com/Global/Root....;>Wallenius Wilhelmsen</a>

On the leftnav, click on "SCHEDULES" from their choose the option of "Port". UK to United States. Then the corresponding cities. This will give you a list of the routes, dates, ports of destination, and times.

Old 07-15-2002, 01:05 PM
VerucaSalt
Once again....this website for some reason does not want to work for me....I get nothing but errors....maybe it just doesn't support new browsers, but I haven't been able to get any information. *annoyed*

Old 07-15-2002, 01:15 PM
HighAnxiety
4th Gear
>>Once again....this website for some reason does not want to work for me....I get nothing but errors....maybe it just doesn't support new browsers, but I haven't been able to get any information. *annoyed*

This web site easily crashes when too many people are on it at one time or when they are making updates to it.

I tested the web site in IE 5 and 6 and Netscape 4.7 and 6.2 and everything works.

Old 07-15-2002, 01:22 PM
VerucaSalt
Actually, it just didn't want to work on my computer.....with Netscape or Explorer....I did it on one of my sales reps' laptops, but it still didn't help too much because I don't know where the boat leaves from or comes in to. Oh well. I am hoping that since the dealership ordered me two cars that one of them will be on the next boat that goes out.

Old 07-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Tollag
4th Gear
The ships make between 18-22 trips a month (one way)! The regualr car carriers hold 6,000 cars, while the roro/crate ships hold about half that...

Old 07-15-2002, 04:35 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
>>How often do the boats make a trip? I know that they are having all sorts of problems, but it has been really hard for me to find out any information.....all I know is that my car should have been here by now and it's not. I've been waiting since early April....

Have you been waiting since April from the initial time that you placed your order for one, or since April, as in your estimated delivery date? If your delivery date was in April, I'd be flippin mad by now. 3 months overdue??? If that's the case, I'd be checking in with your dealer and demand you know what the 'f' is going on, and threaten to pull the plug on the order, and find a dealer who wants to get some answers. But either way, I'd still be hounding the dealership/sales guy that you're dealing with for some info. If your dealer is not providing you with adequate or accurate info, then I'd find one that will, if it were me. But then, that's just me. I don't take very politely to be strung around. If you've been polite about it already, and have not been satisfied with the repsonse, get dirty and demand some answers, and throw in the ".....or else" line. I'm sure if they know that you've had enough and are contimplating canceling the order and giving a bad word of mouth about the dealer, they'll hussle their cheeks.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:12 AM
VerucaSalt
I am angry with the dealer but I don't think it is worth my while at this point to switch considering that they already ordered me two cars....plus since I had to put $1000 down to order the car, I don't know if that deposit can be switched to another dealership. It is also frustrating for me to hear that so many people who's cars were recently produced have already been assigned to a ship while mine has been sitting around since June 10th and not even assigned yet. I will probably get the car that was produced later first the way this is going. The people at that shipping company really must not be on the ball. Honestly....I am completely fed up with this whole thing and I have been getting the run around for weeks....I JUST WANT MY DAMN CAR!