R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Dealer Rating.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Sfiveten
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
If you haven't yet, please take some time to post a brief review and rate your dealer in the new Dealer Rating System. You can post multiple reviews regarding your dealership experiences...initial visit, purchase, taking delivery, servicing your MINI, etc. Your reviews will assist those currently searching for a MINI, a dealer to service their MINI, and provide constructive feedback to the MINI dealerships. We look forward to reading your reviews!

Happy Motoring!
SW

Old 07-16-2002, 11:44 AM
jtayman
1st Gear
Tate Mini, Annapolis Md. My experience with the dealer was very positive. They told me that at this point they weren't actually salesmen, merely order takers. They were however very friendly and helpful. They obviously didn't have to sell me the car.I was just glad to get one as soon as I did. I haven't had to take it in for anything yet but will let you know how that goes when or if... :smile:

Old 07-17-2002, 06:38 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
I sure with I had gone to Tate.

Old 07-23-2002, 05:53 PM
Espo
Neutral
Took my Mini to Tate the location of purchase. I dont' know if they were just busy but I had to wait over an hour even though I called before I came to pick it up. When I did finally get my car there was still glass on the seats and the carpet. They had to replace my sun roof. So I had to wait a bit longer. They could have given me a time to pick it up, but they told me that it was ready.

Old 07-24-2002, 02:22 PM
gobsmaked
3rd Gear
Bought my MINI Cooper S from MINI of Concord in Northern California. I love the system they are using, NO WAITING LISTS! They use an interest pool method only. You give them your e-mail and they let you know how many Coopers & Cooper S’ have been allocated to take orders. It is first come first served system. This does keep it to local people to the dealership but that has not stopped people from Southern California & Sacramento from signing up and getting one. They do have a straight 2k mark up on the cars but they are upfront about it. When you order they take no money down. I have seen some people come in and get upset that there is no waiting list but I think it is fair to those who live near by. I obviously spent too much time at the dealership. They are friendly and very excited about the car and don’t mind us groupies hanging around. I’ve had nothing but a good experience with the dealership and the car. I will be taking it in to the dealership in the morning to fix the handle for the fold down seats so I will see how they do for service. Got it May 24th and as July 24th I have close to 6,000 miles on the car. I don’t commute in it. This is all weekend driving and a few errands.

Old 07-24-2002, 03:44 PM
gobsmaked
3rd Gear
Experience at the Denver MINI Dealership. In May I was in Denver and went to the dealership to show my sister and brother in law the car that I had on order from the MINI of Concord in California. The experience in Denver was not favorable. They like the BMW dealership in Pleasanton California they seemed very arrogant and not very friendly. I asked if I could test drive the Cooper S and they declined to do so. They said they are not taking it out for test drives anymore since they have sold all the Cooper S’ on their waiting list. I would be allowed to make an appointment to test drive the Cooper in a few days. I told them no thanks and that I already have a Cooper S on order. The quizzed me about Concord and hated the system being used there, however if I ever needed my Cooper worked on and I was in Colorado they would be happy to have my business. My worst fear is coming true since my wife has been transferred to Denver and I will have to take it to them since they are the only MINI dealership in the state of Colorado. I only wish they had competition and I could take it someplace else. Maybe a trip to Salt Lake City.

Old 07-30-2002, 10:39 PM
McChili
Neutral
I bought my Chili Red / triple white Cooper at Mini of Towson. They were ok but did not tell me about the "programable" features available... after some time I was doing some work on the easten shore and drove past Tate Mini of Annapolis, MD several times. So I decided to drop by and have them program my Mini... OH... I had to schedule an apointment the next week for them to do the programing that "would probably take at least a day - if not two to complete." Sure, I figured I could rearrange my schedule to make the app. Well the day before Mini's app. I receive a call from the Service manager who wanted to inform me that he would, "do me a favor" by charging me only 2 hours of labor the next day. I asked why and he said because I did not buy my Cooper from Tate he would have to charge me.
Tate did not do the programing. Mini got a call. Mini of Towson met me at my work site - picked up the Cooper - programed it & washed it and had my Mini back to me in 3 hours (No charge!)
Mini said the programable features are "no charge" at any Mini dealship.

Let's motor on!!

Old 08-01-2002, 06:26 AM
LRC13
Neutral
This site is great. I am planning on a MINI S in the not too distant future, but I have
to admit some of the feedback that I am reading on specific dealers is spooking me a bit. Paying the sticker price is one thing, but adding on items like CD changers and then overcharging for them is not a good way for dealers to establish good future relationships with customers. All that I had read in early magazine reviews suggested that MINI would not look kindly on dealers "gouging" customers, whether by inflating prices, or by requring expensive add-ons. Too bad, it has caused me to take a wait and see attitude for a time before jumping in

Old 08-01-2002, 08:02 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
LRC13,

While there are some dealers which are adding mandatory add-ons there are many who are dealing at MSRP. Two that I highly recommend are Westchester MINI (for cars of your spec) and Bill Jacobs (Chicago) for pre-spec'd cars...both deal at MSRP. I found a unallocated Electric Blue Cooper S with all three packages just last week at Bill Jacobs and reserved it for myself. If you want a specific spec and are willing to wait find a MSRP dealer and place your order. If you have some flexibility in the packages, want a car now, and are willing to travel call around...there are many pre-spec'd cars for the finding. Happy hunting....

Mark

Old 08-06-2002, 10:01 AM
orangeminigirl
Neutral
I had a good experience at Dreyer & Reinbold in Indianapolis. Just went there to test-drive a Cooper S, and they were very helpful, very laidback. The dealer took me on quite a long route that included rough city streets, curvy back roads, and the highway (hit 70mph in 5th gear!), and was happy to just let me drive, rather than constantly pointing out features, which is so distracting. I'm holding out for a black/triple white Cooper S, but he told me there's no waiting list, and they're selling them at sticker. Didn't try to push at all, so when the black ones are finally available, I'm going back there. One of the best dealer experiences I've had.

Old 08-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Rocketboy_X
6th Gear
Don't forget to actually use the rating system... it's over on the left of your screen there... There seems to be some differences between the comments in this thread and in the offical ratings...

Rocketboy_X

Old 08-08-2002, 04:33 PM
eoc1
Neutral
Hey if going to buy a MINI buy it from HANK ARRON MINI in Atlanta, the service is great. My MINI was one on the transmission cable recall I called MINI ROADSIDE on Tuesday 8-5-02 about 9:00 AM and in less than 1 hour it was picked up, here the trick I didn't buy it from them but it didn't make any different. Trick #2 I live 227 Miles away from the dealer. they got it towed and repair and towed back to me in less than 36 hours. Nice people at HANK ARRON MINI you can't beat that service and I'm told they sell for MRSP price

Old 08-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Goldfinch
1st Gear
We got our MINI S at New Country Motor Cars (Hartford, CT) and had NO pressure, MSRP cost and great and informative sales staff. Our salesman (Peter Brass) was quick to return calls and owns his own already. I don't know about their service, and hope we never need to! Treated like a king at delivery. The car was detailed, and in the show-room under a cover awaiting my arrival for pick up! Peter spent a good 15 - 30 minutes showing me all the goodies and how to use them.

If you're in New England, they're the place to go!

Old 08-12-2002, 11:08 AM
Deb-I
1st Gear
We bought our Mini from Tom Bush-Mini of Jax. My husband & I were shocked at their dealer rating on here. We had both agreed that it was our best car buying experience EVER. (& trust me, we've bought a lot of cars over the years). All salespersons were busy so Greg (the manager) took us on our test drive & did all the paperwork to follow. I've scheduled it to go in tomorrow for the cable fix thing.
Though Greg did our paperwork, Nicolas is considered our salesperson & is also very helpful. Emilee in service was extremely polite & I hope after tomorrow the experience stays the same or better.

Cooper, Chili Red, White Bonnet Stripes & Checkered Roof. Aero Kit
LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2002, 03:50 PM
DanaRae60
1st Gear
We bought our car from Irvine Mini in Irvine , California and we love them!
The car we purchased was one someone else had ordered and changed their mind, so it was available the day we set foot at the dealership. Yes, the dealership was very busy, lots of people waiting to test drive and ask questions. The sales guys were obviously swamped. They made it a point to greet everyone that entered the showroom, explaining that they were very busy and would be happy to answer any questions and take them on a test drive as soon as they could. We were very impressed with how professional everyone was, from our salesman, Errol, to our finance guy, Andrew. We are so happy with the car that a few weeks later we went back to Irvine Mini and ordered an S. We love our Mini Cooper and have nothing but nice things to say about the dealership.

I have also left the same info on the Dealership Rating System on this website.

Old 08-15-2002, 11:04 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Everyone,

Rather than posting your dealer-related experiences here please take a couple of minutes and post your review in the Dealer Rating System. By commenting there everyone can quickly access your opinions and experience. Thanks!

Mark