R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Very bad week!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 08:30 AM
garretwp
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very bad week!!!!

This week has to have been the worst week of my life so far. My brother is getting married today and its been hetic trying to get everything done so quickly and perfect for their special day. That is the only good thing great that will happen this week. The worst things that have happend, is girl issues that do not make matters any better what so ever. Its going to be hard to get over everything but time will make things better. Another thing that has happend to me that just makes the iceing on the cake is yesterday monring i was heading into work and about half a mile up there was a dump trunk filled with god knows what. Well everyone was trying to avoid the trunk from getting hit with what ever dust and debree that is coming from the back of it was not a pretty site. I tried keeping as much distance as possible. Later on that day i go to look at the car and what do you know i have white specs everywhere on my jet black 05 car that is only 3 weeks old. I went to wash the car today to get all of it off and what do you know....The whole front end of my car, bonnet and bumber have chips marks everywhere. I am not talking a few here and there, I am talking about all over the place. The car looks like a white spoted paint job. Not something i want to hear about when i have my brothers wedding in a few hours. Thank god their will be an open bar!!! Looks like i will have to get the car repainted to fix the damage and then get a clear bra as soon as i can.

Garrett

Old 06-24-2005, 08:41 AM
eMINI
5th Gear
Bummer

Just focus on the good stuff. You brother's getting married, there's an open bar, and even a spotted MINI is better than what we used to drive.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
countrym
6th Gear
Remember what Bluto told Flounder in Animal House: "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."

Old 06-24-2005, 09:00 AM
blargomini
3rd Gear
No fun Garrett!

I had the front of my '02 CR MCS chipped like crazy and even cracked the windshield on an SCMM run up to BigBear a few years ago. Luckily insurance covered everything and only was a total of about $3000 to fix everything.

Best of luck, and I'll take a margarita on the rocks, no salt. :smile:

Old 06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
minimonkey
4th Gear
There is nothing that time and money can't fix. Both are bummers through. On the bright side... things have to get better... they can't get any worse. Good luck!

Old 06-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Monkey_Boy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimonkey
... things have to get better... they can't get any worse. Good luck!
Yeah, they can. His hair could fall out.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:30 AM
garretwp
5th Gear
Thanks for the cheering up. The only thing that i am hoping for is that there was a run on my bonnet from the factory that the dealer wants to try and buff out. But i am hoping that they have to go the route of painting the hood. But there is nothing like looking at a brand new car specialy black and all you see is white specs on the bonnet and bumper. It really makes me mad inside on top of everything else that i have to deal with or have dealt with this past week. I think the only thing that could be worse right now is someone getting hurt or even something serious then that. But ill knock on wood!!!

Garrett

Old 06-24-2005, 09:46 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
Enjoy the wedding, and if you plan on spending a lot of time at the open bar, leave the MINI at home or you will end up with a bashed up spotted MINI waiting for you when you get out of jail

Old 06-24-2005, 09:52 AM
MandaBoo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the badness of my week seems to be cheering other people up, so I'll share it here...On Monday, I go to the cafeteria at work to get breakfast, a bagel and a container of yogurt. Walking down the hall to my office to eat it, I drop the yogurt, the bottom busts and sprays yogurt 20 feet down the hall. The fun part of this is that I work in a building full of labs, so you can't leave a spill b/c someone will freak out & think its toxic. So I have to stand there until someone walks by that will get me some stuff to clean it up with. So, of course, my 3 levels up manager comes down the hall and I had to ask him to go to the men's room and get me a roll of paper towels . At this point, all I have is my (now cold) bagel. I'm putting a little butter and jelly on it. When I open the thing of butter, I must have been holding it rather tightly b/c it squirted all over my shirt. While actually eating the bagel, the fire alarm goes off, startles me and I drop half the bagel, jelly side down, on my pants. At this point I'm really thinking I need to go home for the day. At lunch, I get a wrap and side salad. The wrap was fine except it was falling apart but that was conquered with a bowl and a fork, but the side salad had little pieces of plastic in it. I take it back to the cafeteria, and they said something about an old cutting board they just threw away and gave me a free ice cream. So, I got a popcicle and am carrying it down the hall to a meeting (which I looked really good for by the way covered in butter & jelly) and the popcicle just falls out of the bottom of the package. By the time I got home that day I decided to get in bed & hide from all food. Tuesday went by OK, but on Wednesday I decided to go out for lunch with some folks. As we are walking to our cars, along a fairly high & steep hill, I trip on a rock and somehow manage to slide down the hill (all grass) on my butt . Again, go to bed & hide. Once again, Thursday seems to be OK. When I came to work this morning, one of my lab instruments wasn't working, so I decided to take it apart & try to fix it. It is connected to a water recirculator which I had switched off the pump for this instrument (runs 2 pumps that can be turned off individually). When I started taking the thing apart, water started spraying EVERYWHERE b/c apparently my coworker had switched the pumps and didn't switch the labels. I am currently covered in water from head to toe. All I have to say is TGIF!!!

While I would be MUCH more upset had anything happened to my car this week, just wanted to let you know that some of us know the feeling of a bad week.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Funk_Flex
5th Gear
Sorry to hear that.

I'm planning to order the clear bra as soon as my car is on the boat.

Old 06-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Absorbine_Sr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Monkey_Boy
Yeah, they can. His hair could fall out.
Hey!! I resemble that remark!! And it's not that bad being bald...

Seriously, sorry about the spotted MINI. Like others have said, enjoy the wedding and don't get too down over the damage. Paint heals all... I think.

A_Sr.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:25 AM
mikem53
5th Gear
Something to think about

Sorry to hear about your bad week, I think I can help put things in perspective...

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the doctor... Then I heard the "C" word,
then had surgery, next week is radiation. NOW THATS A BAD WEEK!

The moral of the story... "If money can fix it, its not a problem".

Old 06-24-2005, 11:32 AM
bluezone
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear about this but try to keep your chin up Garrett. It will be all right. Just go and have a good time at the wedding:smile:. Later when you take the car to the shop you just might find it’s not going to be that bad to fix.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:17 PM
C4
Banned
Consider getting a clearbra kit for your car. I did I am glad to be able to drive down the highway without worrying about the sandblasting effect of road stones hitting the edge of my roof, bonnet or bumper. Best money I ever spent on the car.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:56 PM
dr_doogie_md
3rd Gear
Sorry to hear about the horrid week. I'll take a quote from fight club.

Tyler:You know man, it could be worse. A woman could cut off your ***** while your sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.
Jack: Well there's always that.

And I bet that car wouldn't even be a Mini!

Old 06-24-2005, 02:13 PM
matthewz
4th Gear
This is for Mandaboo:

Your coworker needs a beating. Nice to know water was the only thing that pump was shifting, before you WORE it.

Good luck with the next week.

- Matthew Z.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:07 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Garret- hang in there man, tomorrow's another day!

Old 06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, my week looks like a million buck now!!! Sorry Garrett....sorry MandaBoo.

I got a clear bra, too. I truly loath rock haulers or any truck spewing nasty chip-makers. There are some newly-developing towns around here that I simply refuse to go near for that reason.

I had a bad experience w/ one rock hauler in Frisco. What happened? I said....."I had a BAD experience!!!" Geez, I'M deaf!!!!!"

Anyway...best of luck to you both of you.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:01 PM
lotsie
Banned
I find any kind of bra to get in the way