R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Order Date to Production Date

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 05:47 PM
MiniEd
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put my final order in last Wednesday on a BRG"S". The dealership said to wait a couple days before entering the production number on the Mini website to get a production date. It's been a week and the status is still "On Order", but I have an estimated date of Nov. 15. From everyone's experience here how reliable is the estimated date vs. actual, and when should I expect a finalized production date? Thanks

Old 10-16-2002, 07:53 PM
dbwilldo
Coordinator :: Southern California MINI Maniacs
I too have an estimated production date of 11-15, which is a change from 11-29. from what I can gather, that stays until your MINI is actually built. At that point it should start to change. Everytime I have had a question concerning my MINI's status, especially the options (are yours listed yet?), I've gotten very good response from MINIUSA via email. I've sent three emails from the website, and have gotten a response within hours each time. I haven't called yet, waiting to get closer to the actual estimated date.

Old 10-17-2002, 11:14 AM
skrutzen
3rd Gear
I placed my order on 9/11 (i know...weird) and when got my prod. # a week later i had a production estimate of 10/11. When the my order was updated to "scheduled for production" I emailed MINI on the timeframe until completion. They responded by saying that production had been started on 10/2 and they gave a rough estimate of 8-10 weeks until it's at my dealer. So last night I checked the OL again and now my BRG MCS is "awaiting transport"! I emailed them last night and am waiting for a response to find out when the car will be at my dealer. I honestly don't know if this is the normal timeframe for each car but to me it seems as though it is running ahead of schedule. MINI has been very helpful and very timely with their response to my emails (they usually respond within 24 hrs.), so I recommend that you call and/or email them. Good luck!!!!

Also, they still haven't listed my factory ordered options but I did email them on this a while back and they emailed with everything I ordered and it was accurate.

Old 10-17-2002, 12:47 PM
dbwilldo
Coordinator :: Southern California MINI Maniacs
according to an email I received...
The problem that we are running into in the Owners Lounge right now is for customers who have already placed an order for the 2003 model year. You have your production number based off of the allocation spot for that individual authorized MINI Dealer, but since we have not "officially" released the 2003 model year information as of yet the individual options and packages are not showing up in the Owners Lounge vehicle profile. This should update when we release the 2003 model year information in the coming weeks.
If this is any help...

Old 10-17-2002, 12:57 PM
jsun
6th Gear
Look, if they have a hard time always getting the right bumpers and trim pieces onto the cars...and don't always bother checking what's on the car before it rolls out of the factory (see the thread on only one chrome accent!), I can't IMAGINE why the owners lounge info might be a bit flakey

I donno...for what it's worth, I found the whole owners lounge tracking info to be more than a bit maddening while waiting for my car. It was always just enough uncertain and inaccurate so as to inspire fear, but just informative enough to inspire hope and addiction. Just know that your car will be here eventually and probably a bit sooner than you thought...and in the meantime, spend more time on this site to look at pictures, plan modifications, and learn about what you can do when you actually own a MINI. That fun seems to last well past the actual delivery! Whenever that is.

Old 10-17-2002, 01:19 PM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Thanks helpful info

Old 10-17-2002, 04:10 PM
MiniEd
1st Gear
Thanks for the replies and useful information. My options are not showing on in the Owners' Lounge, only color and upholstery. The reply a couple responses up refers to 2003 equipment not listed. That likely explains why the anthracite trim is not reflected. Also, the production date remains in an "estimated"status. My dealer initially gave me an October build date, but it got pushed back to November. It seems in my part of the world (Virginia) standard Coopers can be had rather easily, while demand on the "S" makes the wait longer. The Owners's Lounge is a bit of a tease; it makes the wait more entertaining.

Old 10-18-2002, 08:08 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it makes you feel better, my options never showed on the website. I think for 2003 models the options usually don't show.

If your MINI is at the awaiting transport stage, I would check out the shippers website and see if your MINI is booked on a ship. MINI Shipping Website

CLick on Auto then input your last 7 digits of VIN in the cargo ID. Your MINI should be booked. You can then check the schedule of the ship that your MINI will be on. That'll give you a better estimate of when you might get your MINI.