R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Does anyone else feel like a stalker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Minigirl
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like 866 ASK MINI and my dealership are going to get restraining orders against me...I can't help myself. I call the dealership every day, I call ASK MINI two or more times a day. You would think they would hurry my MINI right along just to get rid of me!

Old 09-11-2002, 05:42 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What stage are you at? Why all the calls to the dealer?

I think my dealership thinks I have a problem. I can see it in their eyes on my twice-weekly visits!

Old 09-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Minigirl
3rd Gear
I was just "released to carrier" this afternoon. Hopefully my MINI will be heading home this week! I was fine in the beginning, but as my MINI's arrival draws closer I get more impatient :smile:

Old 09-12-2002, 04:41 AM
xMINIx
1st Gear
Its nice to know that I'm not alone! My dealers thinks I'm nuts! And I agree with you Minigirl, The closer it gets to being here the more impatient I seem to be. I just want to motor!

Old 09-12-2002, 04:51 AM
Joel
1st Gear
Hi ya I PICK UP MY MINI IN 2 HOURS !!!!!!!!!! i felt the same way instead of calling i emailed my dealer almost everyday I kept changing my mind about 100 times a day on what i wanted the dealer to install i finally told her it better get here soon or i am going to drive you nuts. I think the hardest part is when you know its here at the VPC and the wait from there to the dealership seems to take forever. all in all waited 1 month and 3 weeks from when it was built july 19 to finally get to me!!!! At the end i got silk green/black Aero Kit (still keeping the top and middle chrome grill though) with rally lights and clear coat. Prem pack, Sport pack and Cold weather. I have never seen this color yet so today should be interesting. I will post some pics once i figure out how to do it

Old 09-12-2002, 06:22 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Congrat, Joel!

Yeah I felt like a total stalker when I was waiting for my Mini.....I called constantly.....
When I finally picked her up I made sure to offer a lengthy apology to the ever-patient Benn at Mini Of Towson who had to listen to me ***** and moan for several months..... if ASK MINI ran a tally of the times you check your status I am sure my phone calls would add up to some rediculous number.

Old 09-12-2002, 06:23 AM
VerucaSalt
BTW....silk green is a fantastic color....you will LOVE it!

Old 09-12-2002, 07:33 AM
C4
Banned
I tried not to harass my dealer during the time I was waiting for the car. I was satisfy with the information provided in the Owner's Lounge and WW sites. I called the ASK MINI number just a couple of times towards the end of the entire process. Picked our MINI up just 6 days ago and are having a blast!.

Joel= Congratulations and enjoy your new MINI. When we went saturday to pick up our MINI, the dealer had a CVT Silk Green Cooper which I test drove (For a CVT demo) a few minutes prior to taking our new Pepper White Cooper home. Vey beautiful color indeed!.

Old 09-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Gidget
3rd Gear
i've called MINI USA and haven't gotten any details on what 'stage' she is in etc. They act like I have no idea what I am talking about. When I called my dealer, they only tell me that she is enroute and will be in port on 9-16

what question do i need to ask to get the 'stage' that she is in? i'm really curious.

gidget

Old 09-12-2002, 08:30 AM
VerucaSalt
Gidget....
At this point you really don't need any of the production codes from ASK MINI because your Mini is already on the boat. The codes only go up to departure from the port in England....if you have been tracking in Owners Lounge on Mini USA that is all you can really do anymore unless you can still access the shipping website for information of your Mini on the boat....which I found was pretty useless.

Cheers!
L.Mini

Old 09-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Well I haven't yet been given an official production number or date... So it still seems just a dream to me. Am I really getting my baby? I just noticed my dealers showroom in actually open now, so I guess it is time for me to make my first phone call to the dealer since my deposit. They must have info for me now!
I can see, come December, how I could easily be a crazed stalker. I can't believe how I have (we all have) been bitten by this MINI bug! My dad and brothers have always been into cars, I've appreciated them too, but I have never been bitten with a bug like this! I just can't believe it, I live and breath MINI! I even Dream about her, and I've only been in one for a test drive that couldn't have been more than 10 or 15 minutes, yet my dreams are so vivid and real.
I'm gonna be a crazed nut basket case by the new year. should I forewarn my dealer and apologize now?

Grape
(ps.Forgive my spelling)

Old 09-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Minigirl
3rd Gear
Joel, congratulations!! I am (hopefully) picking up my MINI on Saturday!! I can't wait. Until then I will live vicariously through you...enjoy!

Old 09-13-2002, 07:26 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Gidget....
>>At this point you really don't need any of the production codes from ASK MINI because your Mini is already on the boat. The codes only go up to departure from the port in England....if you have been tracking in Owners Lounge on Mini USA that is all you can really do anymore unless you can still access the shipping website for information of your Mini on the boat....which I found was pretty useless.
>>
>>Cheers!
>>L.Mini

L.Mini,
So you can no longer type in your VIN on the shipping website to see what ship you're on??!

Old 09-13-2002, 07:34 AM
VerucaSalt
WellI'm sure you probably CAN (haven't checked it myself because there is nothing on any boat that I need to look for) but I found that after having that information there is really not much else you can do but wait.

ps I am sending you a link to your private message folder....you will get a total kick out of it!

Old 09-13-2002, 07:55 AM
scoobs
3rd Gear
Joel:
I've asked others but with no reply. How do you get an aero kit? I haven't seen this on the MINI website?

Old 09-13-2002, 07:57 AM
VerucaSalt
If you don't order it with your car you can find them online at different Mini sites.....try doing a google search of Mini parts sites and it will give you a bunch to look at.....it also helps to talk to your dealer. I was considering getting one but then decided not to, but I have found some cool ones online.

Cheers
L.Mini

Old 09-13-2002, 09:32 AM
opal
1st Gear
Phew! And I thought the ASK-MINI people were getting tired of me after 2-3 calls a week. Glad to know I wasn't alone. Everyone I talked to was so helpful, I feel like calling them to thank them and let them know that I'm on my way to pick up my MINI right now!!!

Old 09-13-2002, 10:54 PM
VerucaSalt
Opal.....is that you with the new Mini??????

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! (I love the silk green!)

Old 09-15-2002, 09:21 AM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Hey Opal sweet MINI!
If my wife ever gets a MINI that was what she was going to name it! :smile:

Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
daegerter
2nd Gear
my friend just had a 09 MCS ordered for him! im a little jealous, he has the aero kit and the black JCW rims