Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

TOP GEAR guys to have new show on AMAZON!

Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 AM
Drivehard
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TOP GEAR guys to have new show on AMAZON!

Check out this article from USA TODAY: Ex-'Top Gear' hosts sign deal with Amazon for new show http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...azon/30870207/

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 08-02-2015, 07:40 AM
joedotmac
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Good for them. It's unfortunate our society has turned into a politically correct at all times, and ordained a right to never be offended by words. Jerry Seinfeld and Lewis Black have been very outspoken on how this meme that has creep quietly into everything in life. Seinfeld says you can experience in large doses at college campuses. Then one could go further into how certain words or phrases are permissible by one group, but when the exact same words or phases are used by other groups, it's offensive and can't be tolerated. Everything nowadays is upside down and inside out.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I look forward to seeing what the guys put together.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:35 PM
markjenn
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joedotmac
It's unfortunate our society has turned into a politically correct at all times, and ordained a right to never be offended by words.
Clarkson was sacked because he punched someone in the face, not because he said something politically incorrect. You can look past a lot of things and I'm sure BBC tried to, but it is hard to look past assaulting someone.

Clarkson is the Bob Knight of motorsports TV. He's talented and entertaining, but he carries a lot of baggage. I will enjoy watching the new show, but if the can't keep his temper under control, he's likely going to be out on his keister again. As it should be.... being talented and entertaining gives you some rope to be outspoken, but only so much, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to physically assault someone.

- Mark

Last edited by markjenn; 08-06-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:47 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
This will make me watch Amazon

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 08-06-2015, 11:25 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
The Monty Python car show can be funny, if not overly contrived. Look forward to seeing how they do with the Amazon backing.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:11 PM
joedotmac
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by markjenn
Clarkson was sacked because he punched someone in the face, not because he said something politically incorrect. You can look past a lot of things and I'm sure BBC tried to, but it is hard to look past assaulting someone.

Clarkson is the Bob Knight of motorsports TV. He's talented and entertaining, but he carries a lot of baggage. I will enjoy watching the new show, but if the can't keep his temper under control, he's likely going to be out on his keister again. As it should be.... being talented and entertaining gives you some rope to be outspoken, but only so much, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to physically assault someone.

- Mark
Splitting hairs really. Technically he didn't get sacked, he didn't get his contract renewed. That's never hear or there. His mouth was certainly part of the context and consideration per British papers. The physical dispute wasn't the sole reason. Not sure why anyone should care really. People place celebrities on such a high pedestal for socially neurotic reasons. Yet the real things that matter in life, our real priorities that do effect our lives, go unaddressed.

The reaction by the BBC just like many others is is the political correctness that has run amuck the worlds psyche where no one can ever been offended or to have any transgressions. Yet take a sampling of people that voice outrage, there are transgressions that would make Clarkson look like a saint. Hypocritical and judgmental in the least.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Drumsound
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not only are the 3 Top Gear presenters involved, but so is one of the main producers. I think the show will end up quite like the Top Gear we know and love. Those guys are hilarious and great together.