NorCal MINIs A club for Northern California MINI Cooper enthusiasts. Visit our club site at www.norcalminis.com

Palo Alto car show

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
William Courant
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palo Alto car show

Is the eighth the car show or the run over the hills to the pub at Half Moon Bay? If it's the run, where is the meet up point?

Old 08-16-2007, 05:58 PM
LarryP
Coordinator :: NorCal MINIs
Yes Saturday will be the last ride to Halfmoon Bay for the Palo Alto Britsh Car Meet. Cars will leave from El Camino Park in Palo Alto from 830-1030 ending up at Camerons Pub. to get to the park from 101 take University Ave west, go under the Alme St. overpass and turn right onto the El Camino Real the park is across the street from Stanford Shopping Center. On Sunday the car show at the park goes from 9-5. This is the last one at this location lets all show up. We will set up a Norcal Caravan for both days. Anyone for breakfast before the events? DIRECTIONS TO PARK: From 101 take University Ave. go west go under the Alma Street overpass and turn right onto the El Camino Real.

Last edited by LarryP; 09-06-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:35 PM
miminut
3rd Gear
Location: Half Moon Bay California, 25 miles south of SF on the coast
Sierra Passes run?

I have no problem with the Palo Alto British meet on the 8th but would you kindly update us on the day for the Passes run. I'll need this info to schedule a day off from work.
Ajay

Old 08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
William Courant
2nd Gear
I'm up for the convoy. Just let me know when and where. Don't know about breakfast yet.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 PM
checkers
5th Gear
Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Breakfast? Where and when?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
LarryP
Breakfast Sunday before the show and Saturday ride

SUNDAY; I got a recommendation for a breakfast place south of the park. Dinahs 4261 El Camino Real. Say 730am. Its 3.5 miles south of the park. Does anyone want to meet up in Dublin at EastBay Mini ? 630am . 680 south to niles canyon then 84 west if anyone wants to meet along the way. SATURDAY; I'm going to drive the old car on Saturday. Anyone want to meet up for the drive to the pub? Leaving the park around 830.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
StarLord
1st Gear
palo alto car show

sounds good, i am on for sunday. dunno about saturday yet, but it will be nice to see a lot of the old familar faces one last time in palo alto..

REME is having a group caravan down from the North Bay.. NorCal MINIs comin in from the East Bay.. now we just need some other groups coming down from San Francisco, up from San Jose or mid-coast perhaps?
That would be awesome. Let's try and get as many Minis and MINIs to come to this thing and go out with a real bang!!

Oh, uh.. where's the official website (if there is one)? That would be good to link people to, you know, that don't know who what where etc

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
trico
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LarryP
SUNDAY; I got a recommendation for a breakfast place south of the park. Dinahs 4261 El Camino Real. Say 730am. Its 3.5 miles south of the park. Does anyone want to meet up in Dublin at EastBay Mini ? 630am . 680 south to niles canyon then 84 west if anyone wants to meet along the way. SATURDAY; I'm going to drive the old car on Saturday. Anyone want to meet up for the drive to the pub? Leaving the park around 830.
Sunday 7:30 am breakfast. Mmmmmmm! I'm there . . . but first must check with wife!!!!!

Last edited by trico; 09-03-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 PM
trico
6th Gear
Wait I'm all confused (as is normal). Breakfast!!!! But not Sunday. Saturday cool. We'll be there, but may be out late the night before so no 6:30 am if I don't have to (I'm a sleep wimp). Will accompany for quaffing thereafter.

See I did talk to Meredith!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 PM
LarryP
I guess I laid that out sdrowkcabssa. Sunday is breakfast before the meet at 730 in Palo Alto. I'm Leaving Dublin/Pleasanton at 630 if anyone wants to caravan from there. Saturday is the ride from the park to the pub. Do people want to meet for breakfast on Saturday too? I'm up for that too.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I"m gonna do the sat drive, but Sunday I have a neighborhood BBQ

but I may come by the show after the BBQ...

Matt

Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
checkers
5th Gear
Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Larry where are you meeting up on Sunday in Pleasanton?

Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
LarryP
Sunday morning Pleasanton meet up

How about Eastbay Mini at 0630 ?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:33 PM
trico
6th Gear
Dag nabbit. Got the stomach flu last night. Now I'm going to have to work Saturday and miss the meet. Take pix and post please.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:07 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
If I can get my daughter out of bed that early on Sunday we'll meet you all at Dinah's at 7:30. If not, then hopefully we'll see you around 9:00 at the park. I'll have to leave after an hour or two for another obligation, so I'll be parking for easy exit. See you there.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM
William Courant
2nd Gear
Maybe I missed it but is there a meet up point in the East Bay for the Sat. run to Palo Alto? if so, when and where? Breakfast in Palo Alto or East Bay?

Old 09-06-2007, 04:23 PM
LarryP
Breakfast SATURDAY

Hey Bill, It looks like just me and you for breakfast Saturday. How about Vals in Hayward at 7am? Anyone want to join us?

Old 09-07-2007, 03:24 PM
William Courant
2nd Gear
Breakfast Saturday

Sounds good Larry. See ya at Val's at 7

Old 09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
astromini
4th Gear
when is this? what are the details?

Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by astromini
when is this? what are the details?
[SIZE=3]THE 2007 PALO ALTO BRITISH CAR MEET[/SIZE]
El Camino Park - Just Across From Stanford Center
September Eighth & Ninth
Join us for the most historic British automotive lawn event in California. 400 quirky, classic, and thoroughly lovable British cars are once again expected to grace the field at El Camino Park for the 29th Annual Palo Alto British Car Meet.
€ SUNDAY CAR SHOW - SEPTEMBER 9th - 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Join your British car friends for a smashing day at the park. Don't have a show car? Don't worry! Daily drivers, vintage racers, street rods & works-in-progress are as welcome as Concours quality restorations. British food, jazz, and more fun than you'll be able to tolerate! This year there will be individual marque awards in a minimum of 15 classes.
We will start placing cars on the field at about 9:AM and the fun goes on all day! There is no preregistration and all entrants will receive a commemorative gift. The registration fee is $25 per car at the gate. Joining us again this year will be the cool little cars from around the world in the Arcane Auto Society. Spectators attend for free.
€ SATURDAY BACKROAD TOUR TO THE SEA - SEPTEMBER 8th
The British Car Meet TOUR TO THE SEA starts at El Camino Park in Palo Alto - the same place as the Sunday Car Show. We will be sending cars off between 8:30 and 10:30AM. A map will be provided. This is a no-cost option for people who like to drive their cars as well as show 'em. The tour ends at Cameron's Pub in Half Moon Bay where we will be kicking tyres and telling tall tales well into the afternoon.
€ DIRECTIONS TO EL CAMINO PARK:
El Camino Park is located on the El Camino, just north of University Ave, opposite Stanford Center. From 101 take University Ave. west, go under the Alma Street overpass, and turn right onto the El Camino Real. From 280, take the Sandhill Road Exit east and turn right on the El Camino, stay to the right to the University Ave exit, turn left at the overpass, then left again back onto the El Camino heading north. PLEASE, DO NOT PARK TRAILERS IN THE STANFORD CENTER PARKING LOT! Trailer parking will be available on-site on the south field baseball diamond.
Call for information: 310-392-6605
e-mail: <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>
Palo Alto British Car Meet's Final Year At El Camino Park
Dear Readers,
It is with great regret that I must report that this year will be the last for the 30-year-old Palo Alto British Car Meet at El Camino Park.
DON'T FRET - WE'LL STILL BE PUTTING ON THE SAME EVENT AT A NEW LOCATION!
The park is going to be reconstructed into an emergency reservoir for Palo Alto and rebuilt using astroturf on the fields. No more car shows as oil and gas will damage the new surface.
This year will be our last at El Camino Park in Palo Alto. We are planning the same show that you all have come to expect - arcane cars, lawn, jazz, proper British breakfasts and lunches and prizes in a bunch of classes. Come join us for the last waltz at El Camino Park on September 8th & 9th, 2007
We are already looking for a new venue for 2008 and we will keep you posted in The British Car Network. We would like to thank all of you, especially the marque clubs, for 30 years of enthusiastic support and all of the fun and good cheer that you have brought to these meets and our hobby in general.
Long live the British car and the people who cherish them .........

Old 09-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fun drive today!

I ended up leading a pack (after an e-type and two sprites took off real fast) because the Morris Minor wasn't up to that pace.... (but quite a good car, looked better than from the factory, and could go quite nicely, that's a hint about the speed of the others). When it was time to just run down 84 to the beach and turn up the coast, a 66 red Vette passed the crew. I decided to go play with him and COULDN"T CATCH HIM! I sure tried though, and my car is no slouch!

It was only later I found out that while only a small block, it's well set up, and the driver won his class in a Lotus at the Historics...

Fun day for one and all, and I'll be seeing you all at breakfast tomorrow.

Matt