Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Bluetooth ring volume V call volume, (non Nav)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
BritBoy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth ring volume V call volume, (non Nav)

Using Bluetooth with an Iphone, the ring volume on incoming calls is sooooo loud, but when I answer the call the voice volume is just right. Is there anyway to set the loudness of the ring independent of the loudness of the voice?

Old 09-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you tried turning it down while it is ringing? Most volumes have to be adjusted while that sound is playing.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:41 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
Have you tried turning it down while it is ringing? Most volumes have to be adjusted while that sound is playing.
+1

Old 09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
BritBoy
3rd Gear
Yeah, I can turn the volume down while the phone is ringing, but then the persons voice is really quiet and I have to turn it up again. I was hoping I would be able to set the ring volume different to the voice volume, but I guess thats not possible.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BritBoy
Yeah, I can turn the volume down while the phone is ringing, but then the persons voice is really quiet and I have to turn it up again. I was hoping I would be able to set the ring volume different to the voice volume, but I guess thats not possible.
I wonder if the ring volume setting on your phone has any effect on it?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Hmmm
3rd Gear
I hopped in my wifes Clubman and took her iPhone out there to test this... no luck. If I set the ring tone at the lowest setting, it doesn't seem to affect the ring in the car, only the volume **** in the car has that functionality.

Don't think theirs a fix for this.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:16 AM
MarkD
1st Gear
Reviving and old thread...

When I get an incoming call the ring volume is extremely loud. I shut off the BT for now. Gives you a coronary when a call comes in.

I played with the phone settings, no difference. Definitely a Mini-related BT setting.
There must be a way to adjust this... right???

Search but the search engine here is a bit broad. Tried advanced search but still get just about everything within the folrum I search, even when searching by relevancy.

Anyhow, any tips on BT ring volume would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The MINI has many different controllable volume levels. Unfortunately they are all controlled by one ****.

For instance:

To change the ring volume you can change that ONLY whenthe ring is actaully ringing int he car.

To change the Volume of the person speaking it can ONLY be adjusted when the person is speaking to you.

What happens if you do not do it this way. Then you are adjust the master volume control and that is when things start going weird.

So to adjust the ring volume down and the callers speaking volume up you need to do the following.

1. Start car and have the radio playing at a volume that you like.

2. Have someone call you

3. While the car is ringing (not the time between rings) adjust the fing volume.

4. Now answer the phone and have the person on the other end just repeat a sentence over a couple of times. Adjust the volume while they are speaking.

Now you should have a more balanced volume.

If you turn the radio volume up and a call comes in it will now use the ring volume rather than the radio volume. And when you answer the call the system will use the Cell volume rather than the radio volume.

This is the way it is supposed to work. Now I have heard reports of people having trouble with this so you may have to try and do it a few times to get it to work properly.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
MarkD
1st Gear
Schatzy,

Thank you.
the prior posts is this thread said that wouldn't work... so I hadn't tried it for myself until just after I posted. I did exactly as you stated. Called, while ringing, adjusted. Easy.

Anyhow, as you know, you are correct. it DOES work.
Thanks again.