NAM Alliance Membership Info and Support Learn more about the Alliance membership program and its benefits. Already a member and need help? Get support here!

Changing log in name (screen name)??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Blueper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing log in name (screen name)??

Now that I have decided on a name for my car ("Blueper"), I want to change my log in name ( screen name) frpm "Pigzoom" to "Blueper", but I have tried everything and cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Please Help!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Sent PM to an admin to look at this post.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Blueper
1st Gear
Thank you, Gnatster...I didn't know where to contact admin.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:40 AM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Blueper
Now that I have decided on a name for my car ("Blueper"), I want to change my log in name ( screen name) from "Pigzoom" to "Blueper", but I have tried everything and cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Please Help!
I believe that only Mods have the "power" to change anything about a member's profile, including member's name.

Since one contacted you that worked, but in the future, just look for threads where a member ID indicates a Mod. Then PM your request.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:47 AM
OZChris
3rd Gear
Can someone (an admin) help me too? I tried sending a PM a couple of weeks ago; I am wanting to change my username to OZChris. TIA

Old 09-23-2008, 06:19 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MichaelSF
I believe that only Mods have the "power" to change anything about a member's profile, including member's name.

Since one contacted you that worked, but in the future, just look for threads where a member ID indicates a Mod. Then PM your request.
Only admins have the ability. It requires a bit of work now that IB runs the show and may take a day or two.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I miss "Pigzoom."

Just kiddin' buddy. I like your new name. Only thing is, it's more or less color-specific. What happens if you trade into a differently colored MINI, what then? Another change or just live with it? This is the dilemma I faced; I wanted to avoid references to Chilis and Red in choosing my screen name. I pretty much knew I was going to get a CR MINI, but didn't want to get locked into a name that suggested my color choice.

PS - Man, if money were no object, I most certainly would have chosen the car and the color you did. Instant classic!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by black05MCS
Can someone (an admin) help me too? I tried sending a PM a couple of weeks ago; I am wanting to change my username to OZChris. TIA
An admin... there's the ticket. Maybe if you become an Alliance member you might get better service.

Not really, I dunno how NAM's "inner bowels" function. Just trying to push the Site's membership. Maybe they will give me a cut of their action.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
OZChris
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OZChris
Thanks

Old 09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Blueper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AvidMINI
I miss "Pigzoom." ...Only thing is, it's more or less color-specific. What happens if you trade into a differently colored MINI, what then?
PS - Man, if money were no object, I most certainly would have chosen the car and the color you did. Instant classic!
Hmmm...I never considered color-specific could be a problem in the future with my screen name. You are way ahead of me. Guess I'll always have a blue Mini...or change my screen name again And thank you for your kind comments about my choice of colors. I'm VERY happy with it! But, c'mon, Chili Red is so classic Mini!! It's my second favorite color.

And one more thing...a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for helping get my name changed. Almost instant results...awesome!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MichaelSF
An admin... there's the ticket. Maybe if you become an Alliance member you might get better service.

Not really, I dunno how NAM's "inner bowels" function. Just trying to push the Site's membership. Maybe they will give me a cut of their action.
Nope we offer the same service to all.

I'll be happy to give everyone a cut of my cut...

Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone please change my screename to MUShadd? If you do, I'll renew my alliance membership when it expires in March......actually im gona do it anyways, just wanted to make it feel like your getting something for giving something.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Changed but how will you know? It's best to use the contact us found in the main menu so we can email you back when complete.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how will i know what? NAM is saved on my computer..so i just visited the page and saw my name was changed. I didnt have to log in or anything....if thats what your asking. I used the contact form designated for name changes. submitted it 3 times over a period of a few months...never got a response. But thank you for helpin me out.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Yeah, there was a time when Contact Us was not monitored. I now handle that area and strive to reply within 24 hours for items that arrive M-F and if after normal business hours (Central Time) on Friday or the weekend it may take longer.