Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28, 2007) 1st annual gathering of MINIs in Moab Utah, near Arches National Park!

MUTA 07 PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Intense
252whp 200trq RMW style
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MUTA 07 PICTURES

Ok, I'm having a heck of a time linking to an album so I'm going to post up pictures for the time being. If anyone wants a fullsize of any of these images just let me know and I'll get them too you

Thanks again Matt for putting this together for us! I had an incredible time and the canyonlands twisties driving was so insane I might not come down from the high for weeks!!

If you have any pictures please throw them up in this thread

Thanks everyone for coming and making MUTA 07 so much fun !!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alot of us can't open up these "x"s......... :(
Any other way to send the pics??

Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Intense
252whp 200trq RMW style
I switched the links, any luck now or are they all X's?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 AM
MattMan
Coordinator :: Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28)
Everyone can post MUTA pics on our MiniUtah.com website

http://www.miniutah.com/modules.php?...bum.php&page=1

Old 11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
A few of my good MUTA pics:

Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM
bigfun04
4th Gear
Super pictures. Exactly where abouts the locations and routes. I'm from STL area in case I make it out there. Thanks, Dan

Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Japic
4th Gear
Love all the pictures guys; though now I feel especially bad about work not allowing me to go. Tell me that you're planning an official MUTA 2. I'll have to go.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Iautox
2nd Gear
Bigfun04 routes

Bigfun,

Most the routes are in either Arches National Park or Canyonlands your really can't go wrong with almost anywhere you go. Moab is very close to both parks. If you go farther west and south you can also go to Brice and Capitol Reef Parks which have much different rocks. And then if you go farther west and south again, also to the corner of Utah, Nevada, and Arizona you can see Zion National park. It has tunnels that you drive through and there are 'windows' cut into them so you can see out. Each park is very different - who knew rocks could come in so many colors, shapes, and sizes. Also on your ride out if you come through I-70 in Colorado you will drive through Glenwood Canyon with is spectacular. It's between Eagle and Glenwood. You'll also go through Grand Junction Colorado on the way to Moab and you should drive through the Colorado National Monument (it's another park). Part of the movie American Flyer was filmed there. The bike race in the movie was called the "Hell of the West". In real life the race was the Coors Classic and the part that went through the Monument was called "Tour of the Moon". You could leave Grand Junction going south and go through Gateway which has a cool car museum. They you could drive through the Lasalle mountains on your way to Moab. It's a lot longer, but again they is all kinds of things to see. You might consider doing the Mini Vacation in LasVegas and hitting all these things on the way out there. Also in Moab if your are going to spend a couple of days you should park the Mini (oh my God) and rent a jeep and do some of the easier trails. I guarantee you'll have a blast. We rented a jeep one time in Ouray Colorado and two weeks later I had my own 4x4 and we have been wheeling all over the place including Moab. We intend to do the White Rock Trail there. It's over a hundred miles long. You can see it from many of the overlooks in the parks. We thinks we've found the perfect mix of vehicles now. We are getting rid of our travel trailer in favor of a pickup and camper so that we can tow the Mini on a dolly or our Tracker for 4-wheeling. That may be the way we do MUTA next year - camper towing Mini and then we'll stay in the camper. Then again the condo we rented was less than a hotel room and it was pretty cool too. That's more than you probably wanted to know, but I'm pretty enthused about all of the West and once I start telling someone about it I realize how lucky I am to live here and how much fun we've had seeing all these areas over the years. Plan a trip! You'll love it.

Mark