Milwaukee MINIs The Milwaukee MINIs Forum. Visit our club site at www.milwaukeeminis.com

Wisconsin Area garages and detailers

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:14 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wisconsin Area garages and detailers

So I think there was a bit of a discussion when we were using the midwest forum about service garages and aftermarket shops but i figure it wouldn't hurt to start one in our new home.

It would be nice to put a fairly comprehensive listing together of all the places that have helped your mini come along in it's lifetime in the wisconsin area.

Dealerships:
1) International Auto in Milwaukee - I have had some good experiences here. It's where I bought my car. So it's obviously where i have it serviced. I have brought my car in there with a small amount of mods. Alta cai and 15% pully. They never really gave me any problems about them. As far as normal servicing goes they seem pretty decent. They dont backtalk you at all when you ask to have specific things fixed and are capable of completing it in a timley manner.

Detailers:
1) There are a few in the Green Bay area. I'm going to have to update this one here in a week or so as I make a few phone calls.

Aftermarket Installers:
1) Page Auto in Green Bay Wisconsin - Jimmy Page is a pretty good guy. His labor usually costs an arm and a leg but he really is dang good at working on obscure foreign cars. He himself races a fully supercharged and modded out the wazoo 928 (prob around 600-700hp with 14" wide back tires) so I tend to trust him with my car. I haven't had him do much work to my mini since I do alot of it myself but he has let me use his lift and shop on the weekends when he is in there working on his porche. At this point I would trust him doing something like a camshaft or a head with my mcs.

2) Jim's foreign Auto - These guys are amazing if you can block their time out. They are usually too busy working on classic jags and ferrari's to get my car in there but man they are pro's. The garage used to be their dads and now he passed the batton and they do his foreign car work. The kids names are jim and andy copfman. Between the two of them they cover mostly british and german cars. Their dad was the ferrari nut of the three. I remember last time i went to their shop, which is an alluminum garage in the middle of luxemburg wisconsin i pulled in to see a classic ferrari daytona and an amazing brg jag being torn down and prepped for vintage racing. Most of their mini experience is with classic's but with their experience with super cars and whatnot i trust them with my mini.

please feel free to chime in here gues and i will update the first post to reflect your experiences.

p.s. Ill update with phone numbers later today.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM
MiniShagz
Coordinator :: Milwaukee MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great list! Everyone...keep adding to this list!

Old 08-19-2006, 05:20 PM
MiniGTX
1st Gear
AAR Autobody in Kenosha, WI. Collision, painting, detailing, modding, etc. Great little business owned by none other than yours truly. Best part is I am a member of the Milwaukee Minis and own and modify a MINI of my own. Personal detail with great turn around time.

John Gaddy
AAR Autobody
4718 28th Ave
Kenosha, Wi

Call for appointment:

262-344-1312

Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 AM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Window Tint

Window Tint: BLACKOUT Window Service 414-329-4000 Milwaukee, not sure if its West Allis of Greenfield On Hy 100 south of Oklahoma north of Beloit Rd on west side of the street, same building as Ultimate Truck .

I've had 2 MINI's done there. He's done over 50 MINI's. Top notch job. This guy is very and I mean very meticulous. Uses Llumar film, computer cut Lifetime warranty. I was very satisfied.

I think I saw him doing a clear bra install or some similar product.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
mauberley
6th Gear
Dent removal, perchance?

Figured I would bump this thread instead of starting a new one to keep the info in the same place (first post, by the way!):

Can anyone recommend a shop to have a ding repaired? After washing my MINI last weekend I found a dime-size depression in the driver's side rear paneling that is taunting me. (Luckily with the weather, the road spray is covering it up so it's not noticeable, but once I knew where to look, it's all I see now.)

It's especially depressing because my MINI is still less than a month old (two-thirds of the way through the break-in period)...

Old 02-13-2007, 08:04 PM
200-OK
4th Gear
I assume you are in Milwaukee? International Mini is now working with a company to provide that service any time you take in your Mini for service. Dent Masters(?) or something link that.

I had two dents about the size you are talking about last time I went in. They fixed them for about $100 each. Kinda steep, but I'm glad I did it...

Old 02-14-2007, 05:23 PM
mauberley
6th Gear
Yup, I'm in Milwaukee. I'll have to get in touch with my MA and see what the deal is. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 PM
mini-number1
2nd Gear
eny vynal instalers around that are good?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:01 AM
YakiMini
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread makes me miss the Watertown/Oconomawac area ;-( My best years came from that area
Motor On! (sorry for the thread high-jacking)

Old 08-01-2007, 07:18 AM
noVee
1st Gear
Dunn's Import, Inc.
6516 University Avenue
Middleton, WI 53562

Can't really vouch for them at the moment other than to say that their shop is clean and they say they have a few Madison-area Minis they work on. They're going to be installing my SRP's and fixed camber plates, so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by noVee; 08-01-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:22 PM
murdoc158
1st Gear
Mraz Import Automotive
3240 Gateway Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
(262) 781-0074

I had a small bit of bodywork done there, and the car turned out fantastic. I'm not sure if they do repair, but they work mainly on BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Lexus, etc.

Last edited by murdoc158; 03-28-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Hello WI MINI Owners,

The Rover Shop INC. http://www.thecoopershopinc.com/cooper.html. Glenn is a great guy to work with and located half way between Chicago and Milwaukee with Sat hours too. I can also ship any parts you may want from my site to his shop.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:20 AM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Want to Thank Kathy for the kind words, https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=140372

Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
ajakeski
4th Gear
Feld Body Shop in Kenosha, WI. 6418-28th AVE. 262-652-9010. Family owned and operated since 1963.
I have 20 years experience in the collision business. The shop owner, Rolf, has 45 years in the business and life long experience with European imports. (He is one himself!)
Body, frame, paint, custom paint. What ever you want.
If you want to see a sample of our work, click on the link to my site.
I've installed lots of mods on my MINI and ones owned by friends.
Feel free to contact me here or call me at 262-344-1832.
Andy

Last edited by ajakeski; 06-19-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Lilminigrl21
1st Gear
I just ordered a cold air intake for my MINI, I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions on a good place in Milwaukee to have it installed. I could probably install it myself, however if the price range is not too terrible I would rather have a professional do it, so that I know it is installed properly.

I would really appreciate the help

Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Finishing Touch
Douglas Avenue
Racine, WI

Never had anything fixed there personally but they give out a quick estimate for repairs and the owner could talk shop all day. Colleague had some work done and it seems top notched. Seems to cost an arm and a leg though-but hey you get what you pay for.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
TNCRMPT
Coordinator :: Milwaukee MINIs
Hi everyone,

I know that we've been asked through the years if there is a place besides International Autos to go for service, and also have been asked about a trusted place for modifications. We've found a terrific father/son duo in Cedarburg that's been just fantastic. Their name implies that they work only on vintage cars, but don't let that fool you as they work on modern MINI Coopers too. They also race classic Minis, so they have fun stories while you wait too.

Here is the information:
Stonefield Vintage Garage
2110 County Hwy. NN in the town of Cedarburg
Richard Gehweiler & Danny Gehweiler
262-894-5470
stonefield@wi.rr.com

On Saturday, May 30 2009 you can stop by there as they are having an Open House so that you can check them out.

Last edited by TNCRMPT; 04-27-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Mann of the Hoff
1st Gear
I just picked up my first mini 3 days ago and am already looking to start having a little fun. Anyone know of a shop around the Appleton/Oshkosh area to help me play? I know very little about working on a MC and don't want to break anything trying some of the harder installs.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Tommy g
1st Gear
Hello all,
My name is Tom and I am the manager of BODYWORKS by Concours. We are a Mercedes and BMW Certified Collision Center (the only one in eastern wisc.) and I have been with BMW for 14yrs now. I have quite a bit of experience with MINI from my east coast days (prior to 08) and have planted my feet in Milwaukee. I was also responsible for the very 1st BMW Certified Collision Center in the country while I was on the east coast.

If anyone needs any help with collision, paint, customizing, Paintless Dent Removal or just some general questions please dont hesitate to reach out to me. Our BMW service department will assist with service issues too. (contact me first please)

I am also interested in hosting an event for owners here at our shop/dealer with a photoshoot (my part time gig) and a drive afterwards.

If youre interested in helping me infiltrate the ranks please let me know!
Happy motoring!

www.bodyworksbyconcours.com (site under construction)

http://www.facebook.com/BodyworksbyConcours

Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
morwen
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Tommy!

Your event sounds like fun. My husband and I are rather new Mini owners, so we've only been on one event drive so far. My only advice on that...maps for everyone - links to the route on google maps or whatever, so we can all print our own. Small groups of us kept getting lost on the last drive because we didn't all have maps. OTH, the maps didn't have all the roads labeled either, so we got lost a time or two even with the maps. hehe If some of us hadn't had radios I think we would have missed lunch completely. :D It was a fun drive though!

Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Tommy g
1st Gear
Thats the thing, I dont want to "throw" something together. As soon as I can get the time to do it I would like to do it right!

-Sidenote, I am looking for owners who want to do some customizing to their minis or other like vehicles and offering some attractive deals if we can agree on the terms-

Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 AM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tommy,

Can you install racing seats and mounts for a six point harness?

Also, do you do alignments, and do you have scales for /corneweighting/cross balancing?

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Tommy g
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cct1
Tommy,

Can you install racing seats and mounts for a six point harness?

Also, do you do alignments, and do you have scales for /corneweighting/cross balancing?
I'm sorry for the delay, I did not get my notification that someone posted.
Yes. We can do both. I would only assume the seats and harness would be done by my in the bodyshop and the alignment would be done by the BMW techs.

reach out to me if you still need assistance
tgillespie@concoursmotors.com

Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
sgt.pepper
Neutral
Im new to Mini, the forum and WI. What has happened with this discussion? Did you or anyone ever get a group or a regular event together? Is anyone going to Chicago on Sunday for the MTTS? Looking to outreach and hang out. PS: I want some mods done (i.e. bigger brakes, air intake, turbo mod).

Old 08-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Tommy g
1st Gear
It seems that most of the forums for the midewest (nam, e46, e90, etc etc) have died out this summer. I can only hope everyone is off having fun and not working 13 jobs to make ends meet but this forum specifically has not had any activity since almost april/may

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Area garages and detailers