General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mechanic in North IL/South WI area & RMW tune party

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:53 AM
TwistySister
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanic in North IL/South WI area & RMW tune party

I recently had mods and maintence work (Craven 15% pulley, Mini-Madness CAI with cowl mod, belt, plugs, and oil change) done on my MINI. I thought I'd pass along the shop contact information as finding anyone in this area is nearly impossible: http://www.therovershopinc.com/cooper.html

Lake Villa, IL is just south of the WI border. South past Elkhorn/Lake Geneva into IL, down to Richmond, IL, east to Antioch and then just a bit further south, less than two hours from Madison, WI. I've been twice and have more things planned that I think I'll have Glenn do for me. He is a really nice guy and seems quite meticulous about his work. His rates are also good. He's been a Rover mechanic for years and has recently added MINIs to his work lineup. Dustin, from Chicago - www.AutoXCooper.com - is where I found out about his shop. There is also a link in Dustins website to Glenns shop.

The two of them are also hosting a mod/tuning party July 12 at Glenn's shop. Jan Bruggemann of Revolution Mini Works (California) will be doing custom dyno tunes. AutoXCooper will offer parts at a discount and Glenn will be scheduling mods at a special discounted rate for the day. Or, like me, you can go do it ahead of time. If you want more information about the tune party you should contact Dustin thru his website http://www.autoxcooper.com/engine_tune_event.html or here on NAM. This is a one time only opportunity. Personally I am trying to figure out how I can make it happen for my car. It is unfortunately the weekend of the Madison Art Fair Off the Square. I have to work! But, I'm really going to try to make it to happen somehow.