Milwaukee MINIs The Milwaukee MINIs Forum. Visit our club site at www.milwaukeeminis.com

Wisconsin Area garages and detailers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:06 PM
TNCRMPT
Coordinator :: Milwaukee MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI, the reason that there hasn't been much activity on the forums is because most MINI enthusiasts are out at the events. Be sure to join the Milwaukee MINIS (free, so really no excuse) and then come on out to meet us and ask questions in person.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Mann of the Hoff
1st Gear
Bump.......

I know it is winter but I am already looking forward to taking the cover off my baby and getting out once the snow melts.

There is a new Mini dealer in Appleton, WI. Bergstrom Automotive Mini. I hope now that we have a dealer around my area, there may be a driver group starting up in the Fox River area soon.

I am so excited not to have to drive to International Autos anymore.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mann of the Hoff
Bump.......

I know it is winter but I am already looking forward to taking the cover off my baby and getting out once the snow melts.

There is a new Mini dealer in Appleton, WI. Bergstrom Automotive Mini. I hope now that we have a dealer around my area, there may be a driver group starting up in the Fox River area soon.

I am so excited not to have to drive to International Autos anymore.
While that is true, my experience with Bergstrom with other vehicles has been, shall we say, less than stellar...

Old 02-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Mann of the Hoff
1st Gear
I agree....

For warranty work though I am not going to drive all the way down to Milwaukee anymore. If I lived closer to International Autos I would rather use them. Nothing but good service

Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 AM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll have to eat my words a bit. I have my car there now, figured I'd give them a shot. Actually think I'm going to like them better than International--these guys are really trying to get this off the ground, and seem to have a genuine interest in the community itself, moreso than International. I've had good experiences at International too, but Appleton is closer, and this guys are off to a great start.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 PM
dparaho
3rd Gear
Kummrow Automotive in Glendale does Mini work and I would recommend them. Competetive pricing and very good quality work. AcciDent is located directly next to them and they do a variety of dent removal work. Also very good.

http://www.kummrowautomotive.com/
and
http://acci-dent.com/

Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Thread seems to have died down so I'm reviving it.

1. CS Motorsports in Lannon, WI(close to Waukesha). Has a 2wd dyno and direct contact with Jan from RMW for tuning. Also does alignment and corner balancing. Tons of experience with track racing and hosts a ton of events for BMW, Audi and Porsche clubs. The owner Chris Schuh is working with Theresa(Milwaukee Mini) to figure a way to work together.

2. Finishing Touch in Racine, WI. Finally got some work done with them. My previous MINI had the typical bike on roof rack while trying to enter garage story and scratched up the roof pretty badly. 4 days with a free rental and competitive pricing, their work as indistinguishable to OEM. I also had my Range Rover Evoque's roof painted(cosmetic modding) and they matched OEM color perfectly. Family owned and excellent workmanship. Don't bother using them if you want corners cut to reduce cost though- they won't compromise their work.

3. Wild Rides in Racine, WI can get you racing grade pure methanol. Otherwise VS Motorsports in Wauwatosa is another shop.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:27 PM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Just to add another one, Urban Motorworx in Milwaukee. I had a pre-purchase inspection done there and the owner Mat seems highly knowledgeable and trustworthy. I believe he owns an R56 mini himself! I haven't had an actual service done at the place yet but if any others have tried the shop out please chime in

http://www.bimmershops.com/wisconsin/urban-motorworx

Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dparaho
Kummrow Automotive in Glendale does Mini work and I would recommend them. Competetive pricing and very good quality work. AcciDent is located directly next to them and they do a variety of dent removal work. Also very good.

http://www.kummrowautomotive.com/
and
http://acci-dent.com/
I just wanted to recommend Kummrow as well, I took my mini there for a brake fluid flush and got to talk to Pat, the owner, for a little. He seems super knowledgeable about minis and their common problems. Best price for the job I found in the area. Plus they told me that my front brake pads are getting low!

Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
kacken
2nd Gear
Hopefully reviving a slow thread. I'm looking to add some custom racing stripes to my mini and was curious if anyone knows of places who do good vinyl. I'm currently in the milwaukee area. I noticed some body shops that I plan to get in touch with, but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this sort of addition