JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

JCW or Recaro Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 PM
omar510
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW or Recaro Seats

Hey, does anyone know where to find these seats? I really like how the rear seats are designed. show me some pics if u got them. thanks

Old 12-09-2005, 07:29 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by omar510
Hey, does anyone know where to find these seats? I really like how the rear seats are designed. show me some pics if u got them. thanks
JCW will not sell their seats in the US market due to airbag issues. Sorry

Old 12-09-2005, 04:21 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
well... i think someone here does have em but i think he sold them

likely, you want them done, you need to get them from europe...

Old 12-11-2005, 04:25 AM
daleCarlsbad
3rd Gear
I do not have these installed in the Mini but………if you’re considering aftermarket seats, I recommend the Corbeau Brand over Recaro.

I spent lots of time looking at racing seats and have sat in all of them. Originally I was going to go with the Recaro or Momo brand but after a back-to-back comparison, The Corbeau was way better for comfort and fit, plus they are priced quite a bit cheaper. I have owned cars with the Recaros and I have always liked the firm feel, which keeps you refreshed after several hours in the seat, so I know they are a premium seat.

I have had the “CR-1” style now for a few years and it still looks new.

http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml

Old 12-11-2005, 05:24 PM
LordOfTheFlies
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I've got two Sparco Milano Prestige seats (warning, retails at $1599 per seat).

The same as the JCW seats minus the JCW logo and the two tone leather and heat (I am looking into how to get the heating module).

These pics show only one installed........I just installed the second one last week....

I love 'em, and in combination with the Schroth harness, you can't get a tighter seat......

Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Do these flip forward to allow access to the rear seat? How do you deal with the weight sensor in the passenger side seat (maybe yours isn't an '05)?? Just wondering as I was looking at getting the JCW version from the EU, but may go with the US version just for ease of aquiring them.

Joel

Originally Posted by LordOfTheFlies
I've got two Sparco Milano Prestige seats (warning, retails at $1599 per seat).

The same as the JCW seats minus the JCW logo and the two tone leather and heat (I am looking into how to get the heating module).

These pics show only one installed........I just installed the second one last week....

I love 'em, and in combination with the Schroth harness, you can't get a tighter seat......

Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 AM
LordOfTheFlies
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jfunkmd
Do these flip forward to allow access to the rear seat? How do you deal with the weight sensor in the passenger side seat (maybe yours isn't an '05)?? Just wondering as I was looking at getting the JCW version from the EU, but may go with the US version just for ease of aquiring them.

Joel
Yeah, you can flip them forward...But it's a real pain...because the seat does not slide forward as you flip. You have to do that manually......

So you have to first slide the seat all the way forward and the flip. And because of the side bolsters on the seat cushion and seat back, it does not flip foward by very much. It's not meant for constant rear seat access. Most of the time I go through the trunk.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 AM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Good to know. Think I will be getting only one Milano 2 as I need to get to the back from the passenger side for my boy's carseat!

Old 12-13-2005, 07:05 AM
LordOfTheFlies
6th Gear
Milano 2 is the leather version of the Milano and the one I have is the Milano Prestige.

Fyi the Milano 2 doesn't come with the thigh support adjustment.

Don't know if they make the Milano 2 anymore though...But good luck!

Old 12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Sparco Torino's in mine...like the Milano. I love them to death. Got them from a kick @ss person on this board (new).

Old 12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
770 KOF
3rd Gear
For your information (and maybe to save you money) if I had to do it again I wouldn't get the Prestige version. I did just to get the adjustable thigh support but in retrospect it was a waste of money. I always keep mine in the retracted position becausee if you extend it, the gap between the bolster and the seat squab falls right under your upper thigh. Which means it's very uncomfortable - like sitting on a chair with a hole in it. I don't know who designed these seats but (no pun intended) he obviously didn't sit in one.
Alan

Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
UK-
You gonna be at the DMC Christmas party this weekend??? If so maybe I could take a look at your seats. I was a thinkin' about the blue Milano 2 (alcantara mmm..) or the Torino's but wanted to make sure it was a dark enough blue.

Originally Posted by UKSUV
I have the Sparco Torino's in mine...like the Milano. I love them to death. Got them from a kick @ss person on this board (new).

Old 12-14-2005, 09:16 AM
jblow
4th Gear
Originally Posted by UKSUV
How do the Torinos do for lateral support in the shoulder area? Did you consider other brands - just interested in thoughts on pros / cons of different options. Am only able to find Sparcos to try out locally - Recaro dealer only has 3 seats, none of which I'm interested in. Corbeau dealer only has 1 seat, a race shell. Am leaning towards Recaros, but really would like to be able to sit in one before making a decision..

Old 12-14-2005, 12:08 PM
conehead
3rd Gear
I have been looking at seats for quite awhile and all though I liked the side grab of the Sparko's the seat bottom seemed a little thin and perhaps not condusive to a long trip. I found a set or Recarro Topline that had a nice compromise between comfort and seat posistion suport. So far they are my number one pick but I will look into Corbeau as well.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
I sat in the cobearu legacy yesterday and felt those were the most comfy!

400 buck for the seat seems like a great price! I'm thinking about getting one in black morcorfiber

Old 12-14-2005, 03:55 PM
jblow
4th Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
I sat in the cobearu legacy yesterday and felt those were the most comfy!

400 buck for the seat seems like a great price! I'm thinking about getting one in black morcorfiber
I've heard in the past that Corbeau fabric was prone to premature wear and fade; however, I have no personal experience with that brand.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
jblow
4th Gear
Originally Posted by conehead
I have been looking at seats for quite awhile and all though I liked the side grab of the Sparko's the seat bottom seemed a little thin and perhaps not condusive to a long trip. I found a set or Recarro Topline that had a nice compromise between comfort and seat posistion suport. So far they are my number one pick but I will look into Corbeau as well.
Did you happen to try out a Recaro Speed? I sat in a Topline and liked it, but am looking for a little more aggressive bolstering.

Old 12-14-2005, 05:28 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jblow
Did you happen to try out a Recaro Speed? I sat in a Topline and liked it, but am looking for a little more aggressive bolstering.
Speed is NICE!!!! i sat in one in my mechanic's place on a stand... right at that moment i was in love...

that said, i got this one... instead of 2, i just needed the one, so here it is:

Old 12-15-2005, 11:30 AM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jfunkmd
UK-
You gonna be at the DMC Christmas party this weekend??? If so maybe I could take a look at your seats. I was a thinkin' about the blue Milano 2 (alcantara mmm..) or the Torino's but wanted to make sure it was a dark enough blue.
Unfortunately not....I will be leaving for SLC that morning. I did want to go. My wife was served with papers to testify about something at work. That is on the 20th. If she can't get out of it and give a deposition we will go. We'll see.......

Old 12-15-2005, 11:33 AM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jblow
How do the Torinos do for lateral support in the shoulder area? Did you consider other brands - just interested in thoughts on pros / cons of different options. Am only able to find Sparcos to try out locally - Recaro dealer only has 3 seats, none of which I'm interested in. Corbeau dealer only has 1 seat, a race shell. Am leaning towards Recaros, but really would like to be able to sit in one before making a decision..
I think they feel great. The lateral support tucks you in quite well. I don't have harnesses in yet so I have a tiny lateral movement but nothing to write home about. I have taken trips to California from AZ and the seats are suprisingly comfortable.