Can you delete 4BD Piano Black Trim during Premier Build? - North American Motoring

Can you delete 4BD Piano Black Trim during Premier Build?

Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 PM
Neutral

Can you delete 4BD Piano Black Trim during Premier Build?

It seems that no matter how I build a JCW convertible, I end up with piano black trim online. I would prefer the checkered trim on dash. Is it possible to delete the piano black trim option somehow through the dealer when ordering?
Old 07-08-2018, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear

You have to select the middle or top trim package
Old 07-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan101 View Post
You have to select the middle or top trim package
in Canada, there are three trim lines. Classic, Premier. And Premier plus.

the piano black trim gets added in the very first package, classic, so I don’t see a way to remove.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:21 AM
6th Gear - AX Champion

go to the dealer when you order, I've heard that they can fix things like this
Old 07-09-2018, 06:20 AM
3rd Gear

Same concept, different names in US. Once you select the middle trim package you get the option to get more upgrades for trim, wheels, seats, etc. The classic trim is VERY limited in choices
Old 07-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan101 View Post
Same concept, different names in US. Once you select the middle trim package you get the option to get more upgrades for trim, wheels, seats, etc. The classic trim is VERY limited in choices
It seems in Canada that the basic trim line, Classic, adds Piano Black trim. So does not seem a way around this for online builds. Perhaps the dealer can rework as mentioned. I want the checkered trim, not the piano, as I have seen some JCWs with it, but cannot build one that way.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:39 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascanada View Post
It seems in Canada that the basic trim line, Classic, adds Piano Black trim. So does not seem a way around this for online builds. Perhaps the dealer can rework as mentioned. I want the checkered trim, not the piano, as I have seen some JCWs with it, but cannot build one that way.

It's funny how opinions vary.....I thought the stock checkered trim back in 2015 when building my JCW was way "too busy" (especially after seeing it in person during a test drive) so I optioned the piano black trim for $200 and I'm soooo glad I went with it!!! The checkered trim is too busy imo, so think twice before ordering it. To each their own.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:58 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fanatic View Post
It's funny how opinions vary.....I thought the stock checkered trim back in 2015 when building my JCW was way "too busy" (especially after seeing it in person during a test drive) so I optioned the piano black trim for $200 and I'm soooo glad I went with it!!! The checkered trim is too busy imo, so think twice before ordering it. To each their own.
It would be pretty sad if everyone liked the same things.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:55 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
It would be pretty sad if everyone liked the same things.
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. However, there's nothing wrong with sharing opinions either....most of us learn things that way....I know I have since being on MINI Forums.