Can you delete 4BD Piano Black Trim during Premier Build? - North American Motoring


Can you delete 4BD Piano Black Trim during Premier Build?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 PM
nicholascanada nicholascanada is offline
Neutral
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can you delete 4BD Piano Black Trim during Premier Build?

It seems that no matter how I build a JCW convertible, I end up with piano black trim online. I would prefer the checkered trim on dash. Is it possible to delete the piano black trim option somehow through the dealer when ordering?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2018, 06:49 PM
peterpan101's Avatar
peterpan101 peterpan101 is offline
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 160
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
You have to select the middle or top trim package
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2018, 09:37 PM
nicholascanada nicholascanada is offline
Neutral
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan101 View Post
You have to select the middle or top trim package
in Canada, there are three trim lines. Classic, Premier. And Premier plus.

the piano black trim gets added in the very first package, classic, so I don’t see a way to remove.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2018, 05:21 AM
MrBlah MrBlah is offline
6th Gear - AX Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsboro NC
Posts: 2,297
Thanked 69 Times in 60 Posts
go to the dealer when you order, I've heard that they can fix things like this
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2018, 06:20 AM
peterpan101's Avatar
peterpan101 peterpan101 is offline
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 160
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Same concept, different names in US. Once you select the middle trim package you get the option to get more upgrades for trim, wheels, seats, etc. The classic trim is VERY limited in choices
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2018, 08:49 AM
nicholascanada nicholascanada is offline
Neutral
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan101 View Post
Same concept, different names in US. Once you select the middle trim package you get the option to get more upgrades for trim, wheels, seats, etc. The classic trim is VERY limited in choices
It seems in Canada that the basic trim line, Classic, adds Piano Black trim. So does not seem a way around this for online builds. Perhaps the dealer can rework as mentioned. I want the checkered trim, not the piano, as I have seen some JCWs with it, but cannot build one that way.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:39 AM
02fanatic 02fanatic is online now
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 874
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascanada View Post
It seems in Canada that the basic trim line, Classic, adds Piano Black trim. So does not seem a way around this for online builds. Perhaps the dealer can rework as mentioned. I want the checkered trim, not the piano, as I have seen some JCWs with it, but cannot build one that way.

It's funny how opinions vary.....I thought the stock checkered trim back in 2015 when building my JCW was way "too busy" (especially after seeing it in person during a test drive) so I optioned the piano black trim for $200 and I'm soooo glad I went with it!!! The checkered trim is too busy imo, so think twice before ordering it. To each their own.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher's Avatar
Minnie.the.Moocher Minnie.the.Moocher is offline
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth PNW
Posts: 3,840
Thanked 198 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fanatic View Post
It's funny how opinions vary.....I thought the stock checkered trim back in 2015 when building my JCW was way "too busy" (especially after seeing it in person during a test drive) so I optioned the piano black trim for $200 and I'm soooo glad I went with it!!! The checkered trim is too busy imo, so think twice before ordering it. To each their own.
It would be pretty sad if everyone liked the same things.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:55 PM
02fanatic 02fanatic is online now
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 874
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
It would be pretty sad if everyone liked the same things.
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. However, there's nothing wrong with sharing opinions either....most of us learn things that way....I know I have since being on MINI Forums.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
aftermarket piano black dash trim davidtobin Interior/Exterior 1 10-01-2011 10:38 AM
Polishing Piano Black Trim peter314 Detailing 101 2 02-26-2011 10:16 PM
WTT: English Oak Trim for Piano Black bav_m_pwr All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) 8 03-07-2008 06:52 AM
Anyone polish out scratches in piano black plastic on the door trim? fjork_duf R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) 2 02-22-2008 07:04 PM
(SOLD) New 2007+ (R56) Piano Black Dash Trim! jblaw All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) 1 02-09-2008 06:01 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.


North American Motoring is an independently operated web site supporting MINI owners and enthusiastsworldwide. As such it has no official relationship with MINI USA, BMW AG, or BMW of North America.All original artwork and design is Copyright © 2002-2004 North American Motoring.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: