JCW Power Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 04:53 PM
MiniF55
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dinan Engineering, welcome to the Mini Cooper forum! We are all very excited to hear about the new Dinantronics and what Dinan has to offer. I for one will be waiting patiently for what's to come!

Old 08-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniF55
Dinan Engineering, welcome to the Mini Cooper forum! We are all very excited to hear about the new Dinantronics and what Dinan has to offer. I for one will be waiting patiently for what's to come!
Thanks for the welcome. We look forward to getting back into MINI and expanding into other marques as well. Time to spread the wings a bit. =)

Old 08-05-2016, 11:39 PM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcom to NAM Dinan.
Were in the engine bay do you recomend the fitting of your Dinantronics box to avoid any chaffing of the cable?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:06 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Power is a Need, not a drug LOL

Awesome News Dinan, and welcome.

Looking forward to hearing back from some members with the JCW F56 vehicles.

The Plus to choosing the Dinan module is...

1) Cost
2) Bluetooth capability

What I am unsure about (whether Dinan or other modules fall into the same boat) is whether on a F56 JCW equiped vehicles, if there is really much room for improvement (with regards to using a high octane readily available fuel, like Sunoco 94+ / Petro Canada 94+).

I would expect the gains to be less, compared to F56 S's, but what can you reasonably expect to gain on a already engineered F56 JCW ?

10hp + ?

Old 08-06-2016, 08:08 AM
jobexo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinan Engineering
Thanks for the welcome. We look forward to getting back into MINI and expanding into other marques as well. Time to spread the wings a bit. =)
Welcome Dinan! About time guys.

Already have the Dinantronics Sport installed on mine and just wondering when will the app be available for iOS. Thanks!

Old 08-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Originally Posted by #Dragon#
Welcom to NAM Dinan.
Were in the engine bay do you recomend the fitting of your Dinantronics box to avoid any chaffing of the cable?
The installation instructions show an image of what we would recommend. They can be found at http://files.dinancars.com/webresources/datasheets/e09a1c9a741d372e9d6e7f4ddbb21d61.pdf.

Originally Posted by LormaD
Awesome News Dinan, and welcome.

Looking forward to hearing back from some members with the JCW F56 vehicles.

The Plus to choosing the Dinan module is...

1) Cost
2) Bluetooth capability

What I am unsure about (whether Dinan or other modules fall into the same boat) is whether on a F56 JCW equiped vehicles, if there is really much room for improvement (with regards to using a high octane readily available fuel, like Sunoco 94+ / Petro Canada 94+).

I would expect the gains to be less, compared to F56 S's, but what can you reasonably expect to gain on a already engineered F56 JCW ?

10hp + ?
Should be the same games regardless of JCW tuning or not. I am basing this response on the fact that the gains are the same on a BMW with and without the MPPK (M Performance Power Kit) package. Essentially a JCW tune is the equivalent of MPPK tuning on the BMW side.

Originally Posted by jobexo
Welcome Dinan! About time guys.

Already have the Dinantronics Sport installed on mine and just wondering when will the app be available for iOS. Thanks!
Your guess is as good as ours. Its in the hands of Apple.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
The Dyno runs on Dinan website show 2500 rpm and up, do you have anything showing below 2500 rpm or can you tell me when it actually starts to take hold and show difference from stock. Previously had JB+ on an N18 engine and always felt unloved at the lower RPM's.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
The Dyno runs on Dinan website show 2500 rpm and up, do you have anything showing below 2500 rpm or can you tell me when it actually starts to take hold and show difference from stock. Previously had JB+ on an N18 engine and always felt unloved at the lower RPM's.
Sport plays with boost. The car is not in any meaningful boost scenario until ~2000-2500 RPM so there is no gains to be had below that point.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:57 PM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
Smile

The installation instructions show an image of what we would recommend. They can be found at http://files.dinancars.com/webresources/datasheets/e09a1c9a741d372e9d6e7f4ddbb21d61.pdf.

Should be the same games regardless of JCW tuning or not. I am basing this response on the fact that the gains are the same on a BMW with and without the MPPK (M Performance Power Kit) package. Essentially a JCW tune is the equivalent of MPPK tuning on the BMW side.

Your guess is as good as ours. Its in the hands of Apple.
Thanks for the install link it might be worth updating your website with this one

Old 08-11-2016, 01:42 PM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear

Fitted my box tonight and only had a 15 minute run and all i can say is wow. I just need to set the app up on my phone then go and have a play.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:31 PM
MiniF55
3rd Gear
Dragon. Are you android user? I heard apple is lagging in the app department for Dinan.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:45 PM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniF55
Dragon. Are you android user? I heard apple is lagging in the app department for Dinan.
Yes mate i am the app took seconds to set up happy days.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:15 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Soooooooooooooooo Tempted...

Dinan Engineering...

I am so tempted by this simple yet quick boost in hp. I know I will get one, just not sure a) when, and b) is something "better" in the works.

Cheers

P.S. Group BUY !?!?!?!!?!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Dinan Engineering...

I am so tempted by this simple yet quick boost in hp. I know I will get one, just not sure a) when, and b) is something "better" in the works.

Cheers

P.S. Group BUY !?!?!?!!?!
Nothing else is in the works that I am aware of. If we ever plan to do the full DINANTRONICS system for MINI that is still quite a ways away although I find it doubtful we will go down that path.

No intention of a group buy as it would be in violation of our own MAP policy. Equal playing field and all that so our vendors are never at a disadvantage. Silly to compete with your own distribution after all.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:46 AM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
$299 is a good price for this kit

Old 08-12-2016, 10:51 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
tough decision...

Originally Posted by #Dragon#
I am having a tough decision to make based on:

a) is it as good as other modules that came out before.

b) will it be as durable and well made as others (new product with little history).

c) how much horsepower from independant end users will it make vs claims made by supplier/manufacturer.

d) how can the product make as much additional horsepower (20-30hp more) on a factory JCW as it does on a F56 S mini. Wouldn't logic dictate that the already more powerful JCW make less differential hp gains than on the F56S, hence shouldn't the difference in horsepower reflect that.

e) why such a large price difference over competing product.

Are we getting less for paying less or has the R&D been taken from there other product lines and hence reflects a lower price (yet, they retail the product as much as a BMW 1 series etc.). Or, the devil in some might say, has the R&D been taken from competitors product and repackaged under a different label.

Not bashing Dinan, just being in the place of a customers shoes and the decision making process.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear

b) will it be as durable and well made as others (new product with little history).

c) how much horsepower from independant end users will it make vs claims made by supplier/manufacturer.

d) how can the product make as much additional horsepower (20-30hp more) on a factory JCW as it does on a F56 S mini. Wouldn't logic dictate that the already more powerful JCW make less differential hp gains than on the F56S, hence shouldn't the difference in horsepower reflect that.

Are we getting less for paying less or has the R&D been taken from there other product lines and hence reflects a lower price (yet, they retail the product as much as a BMW 1 series etc.). Or, the devil in some might say, has the R&D been taken from competitors product and repackaged under a different label.

Not bashing Dinan, just being in the place of a customers shoes and the decision making process.

I don't know about the Dinan module, but there seems to be more HP had with the JCW over the S using power modules so far. My use of NM's module netted 261hp and 281 ftlbs to the wheels with Awe Tunings track exhaust doing a 4th gear pull. Roughly 290-295 at the crank. If the JCW truly is as claimed to be 228hp at the crank, that is a 50+ hp gain on 93 octane gas with the module since Awe claims 10 hp gain with their exhaust!

Old 08-12-2016, 11:45 AM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by #Dragon# View Post

i think you need to try a few different ones

i dont think Dinan would put there name to a bad product

we need more rolling rd tests

i have only had it fitted for a day in race mode with a 4 psi increase it feels fast

mm

Not bashing Dinan, just being in the place of a customers shoes and the decision making process. hi LormaD i did a lot of research on forms reading about modules but what sold me was the company DINAN they offered a product for $ 299 with a phone app

Last edited by #Dragon#; 08-12-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor

a / b- We like to think so. So far have had 2 minor hiccups for the B38/48 units out of the 150 or so that have shipped. Both issues were resolved in case you were curious.

c - Only time will tell but we stand behind the numbers that we put out.

d - Its an additive boost module so if the stock car output at 13 PSI we would go up to 17 PSI (max setting). If it started at 15 PSI it would go up to 19 PSI (max setting). Really as simple as that.

e - To be honest we are trying to figure out why the other modules are so expensive. =) Everything was designed in house though. It is not a re-labelling of another product.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:21 PM
MiniF55
3rd Gear
If this was available when choosing from all the modules out there 4 months ago. I would have gone with Dinantronic
1. Simple, plug and Play (with options) similar to other popular modules.
2. Price, definitely a plus. Considering most places are doing free shipping and no tax.
3. Dinan, the name alone is enough for me to buy it. (Let's not forget the R53 Dinan)

Hope to try it soon to compare with our modules I've tried before.
Just not trying to purchase and be stuck with 2 modules. Patience is key.

PS I'm sure Bill Mini F56 is due for a re schedule to run comparisons with other module, using high octane gas. Can't wait to hear the results.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:01 AM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
How many of you guys are using the phone app what do you think ?

Old 08-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Any B38 MINI owners in the bay area want to lend a hand? PM me. =)

Old 08-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Any B38 MINI owners in the bay area want to lend a hand? PM me. =)
Wish I still did, have the 38, just too far, damn.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Danscrazyhair
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking into picking one of these up. I've been having some rough 1st to 2nd shifts and heard this will smooth those out. Does anyone know if MINI/BMW of Austin is a Dinan dealer, or any good shops who are Dinan dealers in the Austin area? Thanks!

Old 08-16-2016, 07:43 PM
trouble1943
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Just got a 2016 Mini Cooper S and am wondering if you have app for iPhone 6. This is a request for Dinan.

Last edited by trouble1943; 08-17-2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: added info

Quick Reply: JCW Power Up!!!