JCW Here is my JCW build (Picking up June 8th 2016)

Old 05-31-2016, 05:58 PM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post Here is my JCW build (Picking up June 8th 2016)

JOHN COOPER WORKS
N/C 3YR/50K MAINTENANCE
WIRED NAVIGATION PACKAGE
ESSENTIALS PACKAGE
STYLE PACKAGE*
LOADED PACKAGE
VISIBILITY PACKAGE*
17" LT/ALY WHEELS JCW TRACK SPOKE BLACK
DYNAMIC DAMPER CONTROL
INTERIOR TRIM PIANO BLACK*
COLOR LINE GLOWING RED
LED ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS
PARK ASSISTANT*
HARMON KARDON SOUND SYSTEM
CHILI RED PAINT
DINAMICA/CLOTH COMBO CARBON BLACK

*The car came with these options, that I did not NEED or cared if they were or were not included. But the price of the car out of state, came out to the same price as a local vehicle that is not equipped with them and that has been sitting in the showroom on and off for the past 9 months.

I could not order the car and get the promotional price in May, nor forgo the extra dealer fee to custom place the order. As of 48hrs Mini Canada is now showing a $2000 increase on the manufactures suggested selling price for the stock JCW. An additional savings was given to half the Freight and PDI fee, as well as include a one time $500 dealer credit. All of this would of been missing on an order that would go out in July. So I did not pay more, I just got more, and didn't wait.

I really wanted the mini OEM alarm, but I figure at a later point in time, this is something you can add / mod and hopefully be PNP without breaking the bank and being actually possible for the OEM look and integration.

I really wanted the LED Adaptive Headlights, Navigation, and Loaded Package wireless music streaming, Harmon Kardon sound, and the body coloured roof (it was a tough pick between black or chili), and this is probably something that can not be easily added for the PNP mod at a reasonable cost.

I don't really care for either 17" or 18" wheels, as I much prefer the look of the 2015 JCW Black "Mesh" 18" wheel (personally) so thankfully I did not have to spend that extra $850 Canadian for the 18" 2016 black wheels.

The dealer is out of state, I literally was exasperated with the Gunslinger Salesmen / Managers in my local city who were looking out for their own interest. I was at the point of giving up.

I found an awesome dealer out of state, car in stock, stored inside dealership and never saw the light of day or showroom floor. I paid cost plus just under 3%, all in. They even agreed to throw in the JCW rear view mirror cap and the JCW PRO rubber mats.

Looking forward to be part of the Mini Community.

Cheers

Old 06-01-2016, 06:41 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
Welcome, it sounds like your local dealer won't last! Ours used to be great, but there have been changes that were not to my liking and there service and deals have deteriorated over the last 5 years. Enough so that I will shop other dealerships next time as a part of the process. I bought our first mini off the showroom floor and got a decent deal and had fun in the process, but the dealership has changed since then and I ordered this mini to get what I wanted, but missed some items that I didn't not find on the website and were standard with the R series. That was not the dealerships faux pas, but minis. I still love the brand and this one is a truly outstanding performer. But, if they keep making it bigger I may change brands for the next toy! I love the dealerships in North Carolina, but that is just too far away to shop for a new vehicle. I want to have whomever I purchase the vehicle from to be reasonably close as I will take it there for the service.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:33 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
well...

The local dealer in our city (and most are like this) are MINI / BMW dealers.

The one closest to me defrauded me 5 years ago when they serviced my 2006 BMW M5 (cost me twice to do a full service brake job *they passed off jobber non OEM rotors and pads at Retail OEM parts.). So out of principle, I won't deal with them.

Here in Canada, dealers list the Manufacturers Retail Price. In the US, they do the opposite, they list the Cost Price with the Retail Price. It really puts the consumer at a disadvantage, in Canada, when negotiating.

So, I used a service called Car Cost Canada, and for a one time fee (29.95$ valid for 12 months) you can price any car, with any option and have the dealer cost price, as well as any dealer or factory incentives available.

The only PROACTIVE dealer close to me, willing to work with me was located in Ottawa. They were fully aware and up front, and pretty much stated we offer any where from 3-7% over cost price, depending on model (a low end vehicle is difficult to be offered 3% over cost), and whether it was in there inventory or not (they can be even more aggressive, like less than 3%)

OMG, it was SO refreshing. I didn't even need to set foot into the dealership to iron out the best price. It was a pleasant, easy buy. The future, in my humble opinion (I can see the manufacturers cutting out the dealer, and leaving them with the service center only).

Big shout out to Dealers like Mini Ottawa, who have embraced the future and there present and future customers.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:37 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Nice job. Around 1978 my father bought a new Chevy Blazer. He mailed letters to about 5 Chevy dealers in Phoenix area saying he was going to buy/order a Blazer with XXX options. On XX date he said he would go to the dealership with the best price and write a check for the car. I sold cars at the time and told him he was crazy, it doesn't work that way. Well 3 came back and one was a joke but the other 2 were seriously good offers. And he bought the lowest one on XX date. Never talked to a salesman. I was kind of hurt that he wouldn't buy a car from me (I sold Toyotas)!

Old 06-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats on your new MINI and welcome to NAM! We are here to help, with 47 years fine-tuning Minis and the first to get the new BMW MINI in the country. Please feel free to ask about anything in the care, maintenance and modifications of your JCW. Bet you are counting the days. Please post pictures as soon as she arrives.

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Results/JCW/All

Old 06-01-2016, 03:54 PM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Lightbulb Thank YOU...

Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Congrats on your new MINI and welcome to NAM! We are here to help, with 47 years fine-tuning Minis and the first to get the new BMW MINI in the country. Please feel free to ask about anything in the care, maintenance and modifications of your JCW. Bet you are counting the days. Please post pictures as soon as she arrives.

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Results/JCW/All
So far, I am overwhelmed in the brief time by everyone's hospitality and appreciation. Thank you Mini Mania, and to everyone else.

I am counting the days... as well, have already laid out some plans.

My first order of business (it will be a 1.75 hour drive from the dealer to home on Wednesday) is to change the oil when I get home.

Then, I will wash the car, clay bar it, and apply the latest in sealants and protection...
CarPro Cquartz UK Edition for the paint.
CarPro Cquartz DLUX 30m for all the plastic and inside the engine bay.
CarPro Cquartz Leather Coat for the seats.
CarPro FlyBy30 for the Glass surfaces.

British best in the biz car care, for the MINI...

Old 06-08-2016, 03:17 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
had to change to 06/09/16 to pick up

Bitter sweet... Will be picking up my new JCW tomorrow instead (work issues prevented me from picking up today), but will have a few days away from work to prep her up. So it's win win in the end.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Kanf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LormaD
Bitter sweet... Will be picking up my new JCW tomorrow instead (work issues prevented me from picking up today), but will have a few days away from work to prep her up. So it's win win in the end.
WooooooooHooooooooooo

Old 06-10-2016, 08:38 PM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Talking Day 1 and 2

Day 1 (yesterday, went to pick her up) Was an amazing day, we took a one way bus trip from home to the bus terminal, where we were picked up and driven to dealer to receive our new JCW.
The car is STUNNING, in every way. And the Red Chilli with red chilli roof is Hot. Had supper, and drove back home after making a pit stop to pick up some less heavily taxed wine lol . Put on about 200km from the dealer original 12km's. Steady and smooth, kept it under 100kph and varied the speed the whole time. Never had run flats before, but the JCW drove pretty smooth on Green or Normal. And the exhaust on Normal or Fast is simply perfect. I won't miss not getting the JCW Pro Exhaust as much as I previously thought.

Day 2
Today was wash, clean exterior body and went ahead with CarPro Cquartz UK Edition for the paint. I am going to let it cure well, and in about 3 or 4 days will do a second coat. The hard part is not applying Cquartz, it's the laborious cleaning and prepping of the paint (Wash, clay bar, buff out some paint imperfections, and Erasure). Then went ahead and used the CarPro Cquartz DLUX 30m for all the plastic and inside the engine bay. Stuff is awesome, and easy to use.

Since I had the compressor on, I checked the tire pressures. 34 front and rear (though two tires were 32). Refilled the tires according to spec, 42F 39R if my memory serves correct.

Couldn't help my self and took my son out for a test drive, accelerate 1st gear, shift brapbrapbrap 2nd gear. I could do that all day long. Rain this weekend, so JCW paint needs to stay away from the rain.

Spent 50K tax in, and BMW Mini got it right with the driving feel and dynamics. They went over all the aspects, feel - interaction - sound - technology - wee brap fun do it again Dad. Heeee haw, can it get any better.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:21 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Nice. Wow, you clay barred it brand new, don't remember anyone doing that. I didn't do it to mine until it was 2 years old lol. It's 100% Chili Red right? Part of me wished I'd waited a year for the F56 JCW, but as I've said before I couldn't stay away from the look of the Coupe. Motor on!

Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
clay bar, it is pretty straight forward.

Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Nice. Wow, you clay barred it brand new, don't remember anyone doing that. I didn't do it to mine until it was 2 years old lol. It's 100% Chili Red right? Part of me wished I'd waited a year for the F56 JCW, but as I've said before I couldn't stay away from the look of the Coupe. Motor on!
First time I clay barred a car, I washed it, dried it, and then applied the so called lubricant and clay barred, then rewashed and dried it Damn, that was a lot of work to prep.

If I only knew lol... when you wash the car, the soap has lubricant in it, so, after washing the panel with a delicate wash mitt, you simply go over it with the clay bar. Then rinse, and continue on to the next panel. Doing it this way sure takes out the chore.

Yes, it was kind of bittersweet. I wanted the Red chilli on red chilli roof but could not find one with the leather JCW seats (I took the non leather, fabric JCW seats). But, I ended up getting way more factory options than I could of ever imagined in a JCW and still being "affordable"

Old 06-11-2016, 11:55 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
What did they tell you comes with the "maintenance package?" I believe they've trimmed some parts from the former list of previous models.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:05 AM
DustinFennell
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We don't believe you actually have a JCW until you post some pics. ;-)

Old 06-17-2016, 01:50 PM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Talking JCW Chilli on Chilli...

CQ Quartz

Before PDI

With Spacers

Front Spacers Shot 20mm all around

Old 06-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Pertplus
3rd Gear