JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

04 mcs w/JCW is FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 08:15 AM
abel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My jet black mcs is finally here!!!! What an awsome car!!! I've never had this much fun with a car! So far I've been really lucky. No squeeks or rattles, no stumble or hesitation. Engine just pulls and pulls. Shifter is smooth, not clunky at all. My only complaint is the shift ****. I just don't like the feel. Need to get that whalen shift **** that I've seen on this web site. The HK sound system is nice. A good friend of mine dropped 10k in stereo equipment into the trunk of his MINI (will post pics of his MINI soon, it is TOTALLY tricked out!) and the HK sounds nowhere near that good, but to my ears, it sounds just fine. Well worth the $500 dollars. Is the JCW worth it? Yeah, you can get more power for MUCH cheaper from a good tuner. But I'm a mechanical moron so having the waranty makes it worth it to me. Gotta say, the jcw package really pulls hard and is extremely smooth! My jaws ache from smiling so much!

LOVE the car. Now I just need to add tint, get wheels, maybe a break kit, suspension kit.....

Oh the madness is just beginning!!!!!

--Abel

Old 10-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Pebbles
6th Gear
Your MINI sounds great! Don't forget to post photos when you get them!

Did your getting the JCW delay when you were able to pick up your car?
Did your dealer have the JCW ready and waiting for your MINI?

Old 10-06-2003, 08:38 AM
CUTiger3
3rd Gear
Sounds Great

Congrats

SCCA
3rd Gear
Congrats...I envy you. My car is on order but will be a while yet. Your making me think twice about the JCW kit and I may still order it too...just wish I could drive a JCW equiped car to decide if I feel it's worth it...I definatley don't want to void my warranty. I was gonna get the jet black,it was on the car I test drove and I really liked it the best but i've owned black cars before and decided I don't have the time or the patience to keep it spotless....ended up ordering the dark silver with black roof to hide the sunroof and just didnt like the white roof look. I felt the dark silver was very classy looking,like the black with not quite the upkeep requirments.Just 4 months to go....Argh....

DesignIt
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Abel,

I think I saw your car at Momentum MINI on Saturday when I orderd mine. That Jet Black with the JCW badges looks sinister! Beautiful car. I can't wait to get mine.

DesignIt

Old 10-06-2003, 08:42 AM
LaBoy_Mini
3rd Gear
Way to go abel and can't wait to see your new JCW mini

Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 AM
abel
2nd Gear
Hey DesignIt, yeah, that was me picking up my car at momentum mini saturday. I'm sorry but I don't remember anybody at momentum. My mini was distracting me!!! :smile: What a great weekend! Heh heh. Thanks, I love the sinister look. Gotta admit, keeping the black looking good is going to be work. I already need to give the mini a bath.

SCAA, I feel your pain bro! I had to wait 3 months for my MINI. It actually came a full month earlier than what they told me so don't despair. Yours may come early. I passed my 3 months time by reading web sites and looking at wheels :smile:. The problem is that I've seen so many wheels I don't know which ones I want now!

Pebbles, I ordered my mini along with the JCW package. Everybody told me that I should probably wait 1200 miles before putting in the jcw package. In theory, I even agreed with everyone. And then.... 2 days before picking up my car, I called momentum mini and told the to just put the works in. Took them one day to do it. Patience has NEVER been my strong suit. And I must say, I love it.

I test drove a straight mcs and you can definitely tell the difference between a works car and mcs. And the 6 thousand dollar question, is it worth it? For me and my 200 grin filled miles, the answer is yes. The engine feels smooth and pulls strong. Can't wait until my break in is finished. There are much cheaper ways to achieve more power, but for ME, the JCW rocks. Love the waranty, love the no hassell involved...

--Abel

Old 10-06-2003, 02:19 PM
spoonleg
6th Gear
I also ordered from Momentum. My car is coming in a month ahead of schedule as well!

Your car sounds beautiful! Hope to see my first JCW MCS around town sometime- I'll be on the lookout!

Old 10-06-2003, 03:42 PM
abel
2nd Gear
Heya spoonleg,

Yeah!!!! Another houston mini owner! That is way cool. We all need to start a houston mini club!!

According to my MA, if you see a black MCS w/the JCW in houston, it's either mine or George Formans...

--Abel

Old 10-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Waypoint
1st Gear
Hey abel....Congrats! Sounds like you've got a really nice Mini. Mine is still waiting for the boat. Glad to see you like the JCW, I opted for the works on mine also.

What was the theory behind waiting 1200 miles before install?

Post some pics... :smile:

Old 10-06-2003, 04:30 PM
abel
2nd Gear
The general consensus when I asked this board about when to install the JCW package was that I should have waited a bit before the install. This would (1) allow my engine to break in a bit (2) let me really see the difference between a stock mcs and one w/the works and (3) safer for the engine to break it in a bit before adding go fast bits. Since I already taxed the limits of my patience these past 3 months, I just told the dealer to put it in imediately (in Michael Cooper's interview, he did say that it was just fine to install the works imediately).

And pics are definitely coming... as soon as I get a bigger memory card for my camera...

--Abel

Old 10-06-2003, 04:31 PM
CooperBeagle
6th Gear
Woof! Woof! What a car!!! Welcome Abel! Already considering a **** change? Don't wait a year as I did, order your Whalen shift machine soon! Just received mine today... Awesome! I was worried, as others have been, that it might feel higher than the stock and negate the positives. Absolutely not! It neither looks nor feels higher. The solid chrome feels great, the weight makes shifting so smooooooth! Check other threads for the looks, or go to Doug's website: whalenshiftmachine.com

God speed.

Old 10-06-2003, 09:16 PM
spoonleg
6th Gear
Hey abel! There is already a Houston MINI club- go here

I tried to sign in and become a member, but I kept getting error messages! So far I have just observed their forums. But it sounds like fun!

OMG- George Foreman?!?! Hehehe. That's cool. I haven't seen ANY Black MINI's in Houston so far... have seen just about everything else though (BRG,CR,DS,PS, LY, VR, IB). So I'm sure yours will stick out a mile away! (At least to those of us on the daily lookout for other MINIs!)

Old 10-07-2003, 08:03 AM
abel
2nd Gear
Hey spoonleg,
Hmmm... Can't seem to sign in either... Created an account on HMMS but can't log into the forums. Is there a guy we can email to see if we can get this fixed? They do seem fun and I would love to hook up with all houston mini owners. Or actually all mini owners in general, just easier if they are in houston :smile:

and cooperbeagle,
you shouldn't have sent me searching on the whalen shifter **** threads!!! Now I absolutely HAVE TO get one. Man... my poor bank account... I got a feeling it's going to be abused by my poor mini!

--Abel

Old 10-07-2003, 08:25 AM
texascrude
1st Gear
Great combo!..I've got the same one- (Blk/JCW/Eibach/Yokohamas/Konigs/sunroof/Whalen/gauges/euro-shelf/chrome bezels..etc..)....you'll get lots of looks!..if I knew how to post pictures I would.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:04 AM
nparker
4th Gear
All black is definitely the way to go

Old 10-07-2003, 09:19 AM
ZAKdog
4th Gear
Nparker,

what exhaust do you have? The tips look good from the side! Do you have a rear shot?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:06 AM
nparker
4th Gear
>>Nparker,
>>
>>what exhaust do you have? The tips look good from the side! Do you have a rear shot?

I have the Borla cat-back. I have additional pictures at home I can send to you if you want.

Are you in Orlando?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:24 AM
abel
2nd Gear
nparker,

Nice wheels! I gotta get some wheels... Can you show us some pics of your gauges w/the chrome bezel?

Thanks,

--Abel