JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Handsome Rob
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres my Mod list

2006 Mini Cooper S automatic
Hyper Blue with Black mirror caps, roof and bonnet stripes

JCW Exhaust
JCW CAI
JCW Spark Plugs
JCW Suspension Kit
JCW Brake Kit
JCW Front Strut Brace
JCW Rear Sway Bar (R56)
JCW Carbon Fiber Keychain
Alta V2 15% Reduction Pulley
MiniMania Rear Strut Brace
Moss Mini Aluminium Skid Plate
Craven Speed Stubby Antenna
Blackout Beltline
Black Side Marker Lenses w/ Black "S"
"Supercharged" Badging
Checkered Flag/Union Jack Badging
"S" Front Floor Mats
"S" Boot Mat
"S" Valve Stem Covers
"S" License Plate Brackets
Rear Floor Mats
Rear Seat Pulls
35% Window Tint
"Mad Modder" logo T-shirt

Doesnt seem like alot, but to me that is alot. My wife and I figured it up and I think it came out to about $5000.00. To us thats alot. I cant really think of anything else. So theres my "Mad Modder" list.

Last edited by Handsome Rob; 08-18-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
AuntieM508
Neutral
Kim at Markel Mini Omaha is the best

I'm not sure why Handsome Rob (not very original) feels it is necessary to slam such a great person. Kim has always been more than fair with us and I won't take my business anywhere else. Hey Rob, take a look at yourself before you put in print nasty things about others. I'm from Nebraska and know your roots. Look in the mirror and see if handsome really fits.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Handsome Rob
4th Gear
Administrator, please move the above post to "Unhappy Motorer" thread.
Thank you

Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, this is an enticing upgrade. What are your thoughts now that you've had them a few days? Everyone else I know that has the JCW kit is satisfied with them. Should I take the plunge?

Originally Posted by Handsome Rob
Morristown Mini has the brakes on sale for less than $700.00 now. I bought mine when they were priced around $850.00. They do ship them fast 2. It only took 3 days and I'm about 1200 miles away from them. Check their website. They have all sorts of JCW stuff on sale.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Handsome Rob
4th Gear
I really like them. I am still trying to wear them in properly, but over all I am really satified with them. It does't take alot of effort to stop anymore. Just a nice little touch is all you need. I also feel more confident during abrupt stops or hard cornering. I will tell you that it does take alittle getting used to. After we got them installed, we were on our way home and I came up to the first stop and I almost threw us through the windshield. My stock brakes took alittle more effort to stop, but these dont.

I say that if the price is right and you are looking to upgrade your brakes, then go for it. If your not for sure, try to find someone that has the upgraded JCW brakes and see if you can take it out for a drive. I will tell you that you cannot go wrong with the JCW upgrade. It is a good choice.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Maxicooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Handsome Rob
I really like them. I am still trying to wear them in properly, but over all I am really satified with them. It does't take alot of effort to stop anymore. Just a nice little touch is all you need. I also feel more confident during abrupt stops or hard cornering. I will tell you that it does take alittle getting used to. After we got them installed, we were on our way home and I came up to the first stop and I almost threw us through the windshield. My stock brakes took alittle more effort to stop, but these dont.

I say that if the price is right and you are looking to upgrade your brakes, then go for it. If your not for sure, try to find someone that has the upgraded JCW brakes and see if you can take it out for a drive. I will tell you that you cannot go wrong with the JCW upgrade. It is a good choice.
+1.

Go for it, Scavenger.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Handsome Rob
4th Gear
Well it is day 4 and no major issues to speak of except for me not wanting to get out of the driver seat to go to work. I would rather spend my days just motoring around. Just wishful thinking. Anywho, all is well. Still driving great. I cant wait till I get the JCW injectors installed and get some new rubber on him.
I think I have developed the infamous "Goodyear Runflat Tire" noise. I think its time for new rubber.
Im still trying to find time to download my pics, so just be patient and Ill get them on here soon.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Handsome Rob
4th Gear
Well its been over a week and still no issues to speak of with the exception of that damn tire noise. Besides that no other issues. Hes running real good. I am very pleased with the work. My brakes are fully broken in and I just love em! They have great stopping power with little effort.
I am still trying to get all of my pictures downloaded. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will have them up.