Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Advice on Interior Changes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Sell224
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Interior Changes?

I know I have been posting so much in this forum lately, I got a job during summer and have been getting some good money, so I'm putting a lot of it into my MCS . I already bought and installed an m7 upper/middle black grill and painted the part behind it black (looks AWESOME, no regrets whatsoever). I have a carbon fiber hood scoop on the way from ebay that should be here thursday. I am planning on smoking out my rear lights if its not too expensive. I would like to attempt to dechrome my car in any way possible, though I cant think of anything to replace the door handles, gas cap, or headlight rings. I bought a brake caliper painting kit that I will use when I get the time. And lastly I might want to add red miror covers.

BUT, I dont want just the outside to look unique and cool! I want to add something to the inside! The interior of my car is the part that I am not so fond of. I have the black and grey seats, with the grey dash and everything else. To me it is very boring. I have been doing some searches to see what people add to their interiors, and am interested in perhaps painting the dash a different color? (such as red or blue). If I found some absolutely awesome seats I would want to buy some... I just DONT KNOW what to do with my interior. Anyone got any cool ideas or any pictures of some really unique interiors??

Any suggestions would be awesome!

P.S. My mini is pure silver, black roof, black tinted windows (I am going for the black and silver theme, with red brake calipers.)

Old 09-11-2006, 08:03 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well...

if you truly want a one off look, get your stock seats re-upholstered, a nice red/black theme would be HOT on a PS car... i had red seats before on my DS/W, and it looked amazing... you can always also get aftermarket seats like Recaro Speed or Sparco Monza

next up you might want to get some nice CF trim rings if your not a chrome fan... i have chrome rings on the inside and i get alot of compliments on them

Old 09-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Sell224
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kyriian
well...

if you truly want a one off look, get your stock seats re-upholstered, a nice red/black theme would be HOT on a PS car... i had red seats before on my DS/W, and it looked amazing... you can always also get aftermarket seats like Recaro Speed or Sparco Monza

next up you might want to get some nice CF trim rings if your not a chrome fan... i have chrome rings on the inside and i get alot of compliments on them
heh could you tell me what you mean when you say get my seats "re-upholstered"? I would love to get a black/red theme, just changing the dash and every other grey part to black would be difficult.

CF trim is awesome, but eeexpensive. Hmm..

Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
You said red and black, eh? Here is a picture of my interior:

The steering wheel and windshield wiper stalk pieces are off to Lambspeed to get painted to match this week!! I can hardly wait.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:07 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Sell224
heh could you tell me what you mean when you say get my seats "re-upholstered"? I would love to get a black/red theme, just changing the dash and every other grey part to black would be difficult.

CF trim is awesome, but eeexpensive. Hmm..
well, take it to a custom shop and have them re-do the seats... essentially, remove the seats, and get them to be re-done completely

Old 09-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Sell224
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by skitelluride531
You said red and black, eh? Here is a picture of my interior:

The steering wheel and windshield wiper stalk pieces are off to Lambspeed to get painted to match this week!! I can hardly wait.

wow I absolutely love it!

Did you paint them yourself? If so what paint did you use, and how did you get the pieces off? If you brought them to a shop, how much did it cost and what kind of shop does it for you??

I want to know all!

Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
ayyado
2nd Gear
i really like your interior theme Skitelluride531 kinda like what i have in mind........... got my steering cover only yet....nice

Old 09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Sell224
wow I absolutely love it!

Did you paint them yourself? If so what paint did you use, and how did you get the pieces off? If you brought them to a shop, how much did it cost and what kind of shop does it for you??

I want to know all!
Why, thank you !

I attempted to paint them myself, but after two unsatisfactory attempts, I finally gave in a brought them to a body shop. After going through the whole ordeal of trying to paint them myself, I can highly recommend that it is NOT worth the trouble, and it is 10X easier to just bring them to a body shop.

As for how much it costs to get this type of job done, for me...it was about $200-$250 total if I recall.

Finally, getting the pieces off to bring to the body shop. Well, I am way to tired to go into depth right now, but I am working on a website right now which will include diagrams and pictures...basic a DIY site for the MINI. But, in the meantime, if you want specific instructions on how to remove specific parts, either send me a PM or just let me know here.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 AM
creseida
4th Gear
Just want to add that ski has been more than helpful when it comes to answering questions. He's answered more than a few for me! Thanks!

Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
ski I am also interested in how you removed the dashpanels and etc. I know how to take apart the doors already but I'm not sure on the downtubes and dash panels.

If you wouldn't mind posting it here or cc'ing it to me in an email that would be great.

erik