Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Looking for inspiration from all EB Mini's

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for inspiration from all EB Mini's

Hi all, you may have seen me around here, Im pretty new and Im looking for ideas for my mini! I am thinking of (like most) painting the door handles and trims and I was thinking either matching blue or maybe a pearl white to match the roof/mirrors. But I dont know if the white would look odd being I have lapis blue interior. Any thoughts?

Thx

Old 08-14-2006, 08:27 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pinkmini
Hi all, you may have seen me around here, Im pretty new and Im looking for ideas for my mini! I am thinking of (like most) painting the door handles and trims and I was thinking either matching blue or maybe a pearl white to match the roof/mirrors. But I dont know if the white would look odd being I have lapis blue interior. Any thoughts?

Thx
Electric Blue M7 tower strut brace.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:42 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
That bar is hot!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:44 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx
i recommend you photoshop your colors first. or, find some white
vinyl tape (masking tape might be white enough) and tapeup the
parts you want to paint. then take a couple of steps back and
see how it 'might' look with the white.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:44 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdsbrain
That bar is hot!!!
Thanks! Now I think I have to clearcoat the rest of the underhood area because the bar makes everything else that's EB look bad.

Steve

Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor

Thx
My stock wheels were white and they really looked nice with the white top and mirror covers. I am going to paint my current wheels white when I get a chance. Change your brake pads, though, since you will spend all your time washing your wheels if you use the stock pads.

Steve

Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 AM
coobah
2nd Gear
You can always paint the arches EB to match the rest of the car. EB calipers are sweet too.
Or just go nuts like I did for the last track day I had.

Enjoy!

Old 08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Cool ideas so far....

I like the idea about photoshoping the colors, duh why didnt I think of that?

SrTech, I got a dumb and dumber....what is that bar for??? And I like the white wheels idea, also which brake pads do I change to?

thx guys

Old 08-15-2006, 12:59 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
I like the idea about photoshoping the colors, duh why didnt I think of that?

SrTech, I got a dumb and dumber....what is that bar for??? And I like the white wheels idea, also which brake pads do I change to?

thx guys
It keeps the strut towers from flexing while cornering hard and helps stop the strut towers from deforming (mushrooming) which is a problem with a lot MINIs. I changed my brakes to Wilwoods so my pads are not for stock brakes. EBC Performance Greenstuff pads and Hawk pads are options for stock brake systems.

Steve

Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
HOw about white wheels and handles and EB trim?

Old 08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
jonnieoh
6th Gear
Hmmm... I'm thinking that may be too much Electric Blue, but then again, we all have different ideas about color, don't we? Even within our group of EB owners...

Old 08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jonnieoh
Hmmm... I'm thinking that may be too much Electric Blue, but then again, we all have different ideas about color, don't we? Even within our group of EB owners...
After painting the TSB and two aero front bumpers last weekend, I think my electric blue fingernails may be over the top.

Steve

Old 08-16-2006, 10:05 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Chrome grill??

Thanks for the ideas so far. What do you guys think of an all chrome grill? It seems that not a lot of people are fond of chrome, but I being a girl for one, and having been around classics all my life for 2 really like the idea of chrome. Anyhow that and I was thinking of black and white checkered bonnet stripes or maybe checkered ones that graduate into white. And then matching checkered tire stem caps. Maybe a matching sunroof but I want to be somewhat original so that ones a maybe. But I want something on my sunroof.I did do a quick photoshop and I am not too sure about a white dash, maybe its too much. But maybe EB with white trim. I am going to leave the outside door handles chrome, but I do want to change the interiors. Probably blue also.

Okay thoughts?

PS SRTech, just went to your website, noticed your in fresno. Will you be at the historics this sat? I'll be there. Maybe I'll peek at your EB if your there!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Thanks for the ideas so far. What do you guys think of an all chrome grill? It seems that not a lot of people are fond of chrome, but I being a girl for one, and having been around classics all my life for 2 really like the idea of chrome. Anyhow that and I was thinking of black and white checkered bonnet stripes or maybe checkered ones that graduate into white. And then matching checkered tire stem caps. Maybe a matching sunroof but I want to be somewhat original so that ones a maybe. But I want something on my sunroof.I did do a quick photoshop and I am not too sure about a white dash, maybe its too much. But maybe EB with white trim. I am going to leave the outside door handles chrome, but I do want to change the interiors. Probably blue also.

Okay thoughts?

PS SRTech, just went to your website, noticed your in fresno. Will you be at the historics this sat? I'll be there. Maybe I'll peek at your EB if your there!
I'll be there on Sunday. I have too much to do for MTTS to go earlier.

Steve

Old 08-16-2006, 10:32 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Wow have fun at MTTS, thats next year for me, My mini's only a week old! (well to me!) Anyhow one more ?, what do you think about those chrome kits? I guess it applies with 3m tape over your grill. I saw them on ebay but it seemed cheesy to me

Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 PM
COR BLMY
6th Gear
Also a good idea ...
Just wait a bit and look at what others have done ... then you will be inspired !

Old 08-16-2006, 10:51 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Yeah I have been looking at tons of photos online. My husband is starting to feel neglected.....:(

Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Wow have fun at MTTS, thats next year for me, My mini's only a week old! (well to me!) Anyhow one more ?, what do you think about those chrome kits? I guess it applies with 3m tape over your grill. I saw them on ebay but it seemed cheesy to me
Thanks. I think that stick on chrome may look alright for a time, but it would probably be better and just go ahead and buy the OEM "chrome" grill, new or used. Plastic chrome, you gotta love it.

Steve