Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior CF moonroof replacement panel interest

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Jahmills
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like Tuls idea, even if just for the bling, would be interested in this if it comes to market.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tüls
It's just how I talk to that boy.

yeah I plan to make it stock replacment. So front and/or rear. The front glass alone helps save allot of weight. The car rotates different too (better) due to the weight loss.

UKSUV's plug is great for super hard core. Will no doubt save more weight.

but there are many like me who want to retain the sun roof. I'm doing it either way. If Im the only one. Or one of many. I dont care.
When I meant CUT GLASS...I meant tear it apart from the track. That crappy BETALINK isnt the easiest and usually results in a shattered panel....douche... Thank you come again! And wait..how is MY thread being jacked when all I asked was about interest in a moonroof PLUG????? Bunch of noners....

Originally Posted by cct1
The glass weighs a purported 39 pounds, the entire assembly 53 pounds (remember, you're going to be adding some of that weight back with CF). Performance gains are going to be imperceptible to the overwhelming majority of folks. It's more aesthetics than anything else. This coming from people who race their MINI's...
I think Im one of VERY FEW who actually isnt doing it for the "bling" factor. And my PLUG will be fully removable for an open-air driving event... I already have a padded bag made for it... Here is an old pic of the way my car somewhat sits now..
Name:  100_1121.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  98.2 KB

Old 04-17-2009, 04:36 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Dude be honest... that car will never see a track day in its life... its for bling...

Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AZblackOUT
Dude be honest... that car will never see a track day in its life... its for bling...
Well...Im done trying to help anyone out with this...I have enough material to make mine and maybe one more. But I might make some other parts with the leftover....

Old 04-17-2009, 05:46 PM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
He's just messing with you, that's obviously not for bling.

So much hatin' on these boards sometimes, but then it wouldn't be NAM without it. It would be Mini2...

Look, your solution is a good one--it's definitely the most hardcore solution for a no compromise track car. There's room for both products; they're going to appeal to different groups.

Hey, do either Tuls or Uksuv have a Myne's or RMW header? As this thread cools down, maybe we can go there for a little while...

Old 04-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UKSUV
When I meant CUT GLASS...I meant tear it apart from the track. That crappy BETALINK isnt the easiest and usually results in a shattered panel....douche... Thank you come again! And wait..how is MY thread being jacked when all I asked was about interest in a moonroof PLUG????? Bunch of noners....

I think Im one of VERY FEW who actually isnt doing it for the "bling" factor. And my PLUG will be fully removable for an open-air driving event... I already have a padded bag made for it... Here is an old pic of the way my car somewhat sits now..
You know what... you my friend can take a long walk off a short pier. I have constantly complimented your mod. You are crossing lines man. I could tear you and your "half ***" car apart But I dont. You are just another Brian Oconnor with a POS green eclipse.

Oh and another thing. If you werent doing it for bling. You coulda bought the roof panel with out the sun roof and replaced the whole thing. Rocket science I know. The weight is almost the same as we have done it in other cars. Yeah I'm the "noner"

exactly...

Hey, do either Tuls or Uksuv have a Myne's or RMW header? As this thread cools down, maybe we can go there for a little while...
LOL no. I am building my car right now. It will be T only, was TC before that.

Last edited by Tüls; 04-17-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Folks - may I please (please, please) remind you that sometimes threads get a little heated and personally everyone should take a deep breath before hitting "Post Reply"

UKSUV's behaviour (while appearing harmless to some) was potentially offensive to many in our MINI community. The inappropriate useage of the terms "homo" "gay" and "douche" are not tolerated in our community and he's therefore been awarded a dirt nap from the NAM administrators.

The following users liked this post:
930 Engineering (03-16-2021)
Old 04-18-2009, 08:05 AM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
He's just messing with you, that's obviously not for bling.

So much hatin' on these boards sometimes, but then it wouldn't be NAM without it. It would be Mini2...

Look, your solution is a good one--it's definitely the most hardcore solution for a no compromise track car. There's room for both products; they're going to appeal to different groups.

I guess this is no laughing matter anymore...
I know both of these guys personally, and in no way was I picking sides... Personally, I just enjoy giving UKSUV a difficult time for all these ideas (which many are very good and innovative) and only few actually become. I hear so many, my head's spinning, a year later, only one is done and the other is 'in progress' which means his car is down and its his excuse for hiding behind the TV instead of coming out and enjoying the open road. Anyways, thought Id explain my messing around with UKSUV, and I for one believe that BAN is alittle too far... I could think of many another that deserves this before him. Please go through his post and find the good stuff he adds to the community, innovative ideas, helpful info thats hes learned from his time under the hood, and really brought some laughter to this place. Just my .02

Old 04-18-2009, 03:44 PM
bean
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tüls
You coulda bought the roof panel with out the sun roof and replaced the whole thing. Rocket science I know. The weight is almost the same as we have done it in other cars.
exactly! and while the skin is off, remove the 7.5 lbs of roof rack reinforcements hidden within and drill as many lightening holes as possible. then sand down the backside or acid dip the new skin prior to installation. as an added benefit, it is much easier to get to the welds on the roll cage without a roof skin. that is hardcore.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Krut
6th Gear
Not a laughing matter about the posts from UKSUV

I guess this is no laughing matter anymore...
I know both of these guys personally, and in no way was I picking sides... Personally, I just enjoy giving UKSUV a difficult time for all these ideas (which many are very good and innovative) and only few actually become. I hear so many, my head's spinning, a year later, only one is done and the other is 'in progress' which means his car is down and its his excuse for hiding behind the TV instead of coming out and enjoying the open road. Anyways, thought Id explain my messing around with UKSUV, and I for one believe that BAN is alittle too far... I could think of many another that deserves this before him. Please go through his post and find the good stuff he adds to the community, innovative ideas, helpful info thats hes learned from his time under the hood, and really brought some laughter to this place. Just my .02
I'll give you a scenario.. you're actually a gay male - someone posts the following:

"That's Gay!"
"You're a HOMO!"
"You're a douche!"

For me it was PERSONALLY disrespectful and it was also very disrespectful of our Gay and Lesbian cohorts on the NAM.

Say what you want about overreacting but I'm personally standing behind the NAM creed that states do not post anything derogatory that may offend other members on NAM.

If it had been one post within the thread I would have maybe put a warning out on UKSUV. However, three derogatory posts in one thread - unacceptable and inexcusable.

And if he's that bigoted to think that it was not offensive then he shouldn't be a part of our community no matter how many posts he has. I know some of the admins are having a cow on this but I am standing my ground until UKSUV offers a public apology to the thread and the forum. I may then in conference with the other admins offer him a chance to redeem himself in the forums.

UKUV sent an email to us today that he was treated unfairly yet offered NO APOLOGY in any way.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Krut
I'll give you a scenario.. you're actually a gay male - someone posts the following:

"That's Gay!"
"You're a HOMO!"
"You're a douche!"

For me it was PERSONALLY disrespectful and it was also very disrespectful of our Gay and Lesbian cohorts on the NAM.

Say what you want about overreacting but I'm personally standing behind the NAM creed that states do not post anything derogatory that may offend other members on NAM.

If it had been one post within the thread I would have maybe put a warning out on UKSUV. However, three derogatory posts in one thread - unacceptable and inexcusable.

And if he's that bigoted to think that it was not offensive then he shouldn't be a part of our community no matter how many posts he has. I know some of the admins are having a cow on this but I am standing my ground until UKSUV offers a public apology to the thread and the forum. I may then in conference with the other admins offer him a chance to redeem himself in the forums.

UKUV sent an email to us today that he was treated unfairly yet offered NO APOLOGY in any way.
Oh please, and some of the other shyt on this forum isn't derogatory and disrespectful to other members? Did he take it too far? Yes. Was it directed at anyone but Tuls? No. So, as long as him and Tuls can work it out there shouldn't really be interference from a mod besides editing the posts which were derogatory (which still hasn't been done). If you felt so disrespected then why weren't you so inclined to edit the posts so as to not continue to disrespect other passers-by?

Old 04-18-2009, 06:22 PM
PGT
Banned
it's ok to post whatever you want on this board until you offend a moderator. NAM has always been a bastion of uneven moderation....why start being fair now?

Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, disappointing. Was the language offensive? Absolutely. But did it warrant an outright ban with no warning first? That, I don't know. I do agree that if the comments were so offensive that they warranted a ban, then I would assume the offending comments would at least be censored. To ban without warning and then leave the comments up makes no sense to me.

Also, I don't see how someone who has been banned could possibly offer up an apology to the community.

I don't really care about the details of the proverbial pissing match at hand. But the handling just seems odd.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 PM
lhoboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MLPearson79
Ah, disappointing. Was the language offensive? Absolutely. But did it warrant an outright ban with no warning first? That, I don't know. I do agree that if the comments were so offensive that they warranted a ban, then I would assume the offending comments would at least be censored. To ban without warning and then leave the comments up makes no sense to me.

Also, I don't see how someone who has been banned could possibly offer up an apology to the community.

I don't really care about the details of the proverbial pissing match at hand. But the handling just seems odd.
Agreed. Though the attacks and counterattacks created an unwanted hostile environment, everyone should be entitled to due process. However, as this is a privately owned forum, and we have agreed to abide by the rules of the owner(s), we have waived our fifth amendment rights.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 AM
PGT
Banned
Originally Posted by MLPearson79
precisely why when it's a moderator that was offended, that moderator should NEVER be the one to dole out punishment. If the punishment is legit, another moderator would be happy to enact it - which apparently is NOT the case here.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
Well, I don't have 5th amendmant rights, and just to through it out there, as I don't know exactly how it works...

but if this was one of many warnings.. then this instance is just one in a series of events that caused the banning... again, don't know the whole story.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 AM
MINI_NS
Neutral
Originally Posted by Xiek
Well, I don't have 5th amendmant rights, and just to through it out there, as I don't know exactly how it works...

but if this was one of many warnings.. then this instance is just one in a series of events that caused the banning... again, don't know the whole story.

Since I cannot get into my 3 unread messages and respond to them cause I am banned...I will respond from my wife's profile. And I will respond to Xiek since he seems to be level headed on this .

There was not one ounce of "hostility" in this thread. YES, my comments with Chris' (Tuls) were one big mistake. He thought I was going one way with it while I meant no harm. Ive known him personally for what....like 6 years now?

1. HOMO does stand for HIGH OUPUT MINI OWNER. Does it not? Is that not what Chris is? I mean...he has a high HP tight ride! So I called him a HOMO. Thats why I capitalized it. Dont look into it.

2. The "gay" word. Ok...you have to give me some slack on that one. People take this word way too seriously (like times like this). If you look up the word in the dictionary...ONE DEFINITION defines it as...." often used to describe something stupid or unfortunate". Hence, thats what my comment was reffering to. Should I have used a different word? Probably. But it wasnt said in malice or posted to offend anyone.

3. My "douche" comment. Hmmm...really? Your really gonna ban me for saying this? ESPECIALLY to a friend? Come on now.

This situation make me sad in the sence that we as a society will NEVER be a whole and interact peacefully when someone jumps on the chance to cry foul when there is nothing to cry foul about. I consulted my "Alternate Lifestyle" (<---- Politically Correct for Krut ) relative and a few of his "partners" and had them read this thread. They just sat back and laughed and had a few choice words that...actually.....I care not to repeat .

My HOMO acronym is a dead issue. I see in no way why I am faulted for this one . But should I have used a better set of words for the other two? Maybe. But, like I said...these were NEVER referred to a person or group so I have no clue on why Im being bombed on right out of the gate. People only see what they want to see. Should I appologize? YES...but the ONLY person that I should apologize to is Chris for calling him a douche . I was never warned for all of this and just banned. I have never had any warnings in the past regarding this. PGT and others are correct. This board is slanted. But I never cared one way or the other. I just liked helping people out and talking to friends. But if this is the direction NAM is going....I dont want to be a part of it. So this will be my last post indirectly from the UKSUV account. Thank you to all my friends on here. I appreciate it!

On a side note...If anyone wants to contact me (car questions or whatever)....I will be on the other forums, facebook or you can email me at uksuv08@gmail.com . Its been a fun 6 years on this board but Im out.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:16 AM
kalbone
5th Gear
Old 04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Krut
6th Gear
Reversal of

I'm not going to belabor the point and will eat a little crow - I think we all have differences of opinion - I went through and re-read this thread rather than skimming - first off in light of the hasty reply. I also read your response from your wife's account. It was well thought out and I didn't realize this was more of a jovial joust at each other rather than hard core comments. For that I apologize in not picking it up.

However, I will still continue the course that the dialogue is a bit on the negative tone and if someone dropped into the middle of the thread they might think there's a nasty thread going on and it needs to be reported.

I'll reinstate your NAM permissions and privileges - understand we're working four to five people as admins and a handful of moderators. Most of us have full time jobs and work long hours for not much pay - when you add the workload of moderating and administrating a large site some corners may be cut. This is unfortunately a case where that happened and it was my fault. It's not an excuse, it just happened.

So apologies to Mr. UKSUV - if you're at the Dragon or our paths cross allow me to buy you a beer.

Originally Posted by MINI_NS
Since I cannot get into my 3 unread messages and respond to them cause I am banned...I will respond from my wife's profile. And I will respond to Xiek since he seems to be level headed on this .

There was not one ounce of "hostility" in this thread. YES, my comments with Chris' (Tuls) were one big mistake. He thought I was going one way with it while I meant no harm. Ive known him personally for what....like 6 years now?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
istara
2nd Gear
the mods let the pissing contest in the performance mod forum go crazy unchecked, but you ban justin for joking around with a friend? give me a break..

Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So whats the deal? Did UKSUV get permanently banned? If so, then I feel it's the duty of the moderators to inform us why and if it was for previous infractions how many of them. If one mod gets bent for one post, that is not right. Yes the things he said may not be PC but we all make mistakes. And if there is more behind this, then we should know what it was, not particulars but at least that there was something leading up to a total lifetime ban. Lifetime bans should be only done for really bad stuff, which in a car forum, what would that be? We lose too many good people to goofy stuff. IMHO.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:33 PM
PGT
Banned
once again, NAM moderating fails to impress. I've never been on a site with such poor moderation....having a full time job is no excuse (as if any OTHER site out there has paid, FT moderators...duh).

Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 PM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Krut
I'm not going to belabor the point and will eat a little crow - I think we all have differences of opinion - I went through and re-read this thread rather than skimming - first off in light of the hasty reply. I also read your response from your wife's account. It was well thought out and I didn't realize this was more of a jovial joust at each other rather than hard core comments. For that I apologize in not picking it up.

However, I will still continue the course that the dialogue is a bit on the negative tone and if someone dropped into the middle of the thread they might think there's a nasty thread going on and it needs to be reported.

I'll reinstate your NAM permissions and privileges - understand we're working four to five people as admins and a handful of moderators. Most of us have full time jobs and work long hours for not much pay - when you add the workload of moderating and administrating a large site some corners may be cut. This is unfortunately a case where that happened and it was my fault. It's not an excuse, it just happened.

So apologies to Mr. UKSUV - if you're at the Dragon or our paths cross allow me to buy you a beer.

Props to you. I've been a moderator a busy board (not this one) in the past; I'll never do it again. It's a thankless task--rarely are you appreciated, but often you're abused...

Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM
PGT
Banned
Props to you. I've been a moderator a busy board (not this one) in the past; I'll never do it again. It's a thankless task--rarely are you appreciated, but often you're abused...
meh. then you also know that no decision like that to ban someone should be made solo....it should ALWAYS be a group decision amongst board mgmt. Avoids one person overreacting, like in this thread.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior CF moonroof replacement panel interest