Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Aero side skirt install help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero side skirt install help!

I'm looking for some help on installing a set of Aero Side skirts. I have a set installed on my car now but,I'm installing a new set that have been replaced by the factory. My question is, does anyone know which clips go where ? The red and black clips in particular ! I remember that there was a lack of instillation tips as to where each clip was to be mounted. Now that I have a second chance, I'd like to make sure they are in the right sequence. Any help I can get would be appreciated !

Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
jaynicholson
5th Gear
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Thanks for giving me the link to those directions. I had used them with my initial install. They had me scratching my head last time and again this time until a light bulb went off in my head moments ago. I couldn't quite figure out why there were two sets of big clips and two sets of small clips, one set longer than the other (red/yellow, Black/white). I thought there were spots to be used for each and that there were extras. WRONG ! LOL ! I think I figured out that there is a set for use with a Cabrio and one for the Coupe. I'm not positive but that's my guess. of course I can find no evidence of this in the directions.

After playing with the two different sizes I plan on using the shorter of the two (the black and white clips). I hope this will solve the mystery !

Thank again for the link Jay !

Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
jaynicholson
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pauliekeys
Thanks for giving me the link to those directions. I had used them with my initial install. They had me scratching my head last time and again this time until a light bulb went off in my head moments ago. I couldn't quite figure out why there were two sets of big clips and two sets of small clips, one set longer than the other (red/yellow, Black/white). I thought there were spots to be used for each and that there were extras. WRONG ! LOL ! I think I figured out that there is a set for use with a Cabrio and one for the Coupe. I'm not positive but that's my guess. of course I can find no evidence of this in the directions.

After playing with the two different sizes I plan on using the shorter of the two (the black and white clips). I hope this will solve the mystery !

Thank again for the link Jay !
A pleasure to be of help. Either the packages or the instructions indicate that they are for different model years. (I think the one is for pre 2003 cars)

Old 07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Uh Oh, Now I'm confused again ! LOl ! which is which ? I'm guessing the shorter ones (black/white) were the ones to use but......................

Originally Posted by jaynicholson
A pleasure to be of help. Either the packages or the instructions indicate that they are for different model years. (I think the one is for pre 2003 cars)

Old 07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
WLSH BST
3rd Gear
Paulie, I had a similar thread just couple of days ago and in it one of the responses included a link to the 2004 version of that pdf as opposed to the 2001 version in your thread. Not sure it will help any more but its worth checking https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=148124

Regards, Lee

Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
jaynicholson
5th Gear
Looks like the diff does relate to the cabrio. I just did the install a few weeks ago, I'm gonna double check.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
jaynicholson
5th Gear
OK, the package with the yellow and red clips has a label with "R52" in large font.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 AM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Thanks Jay,
Of course I notice the R52 tag on the bag when I did the install this morning. I guess I should have looked a little closer ! It's just like me though, I tend to be a bit impatent by nature ! I always want it done Yesterday ! LOL !