Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior How to Install a Cup Holder?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
myolady
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Install a Cup Holder?

Could anyone direct me to a link to install the cup holder that is metallic
and is screwed onto the side??

Thank you!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
QXXOTIC
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OEM Cup Holder Install

This is EASY.

Just open the glove box and you will see 2 TORX screws in the downtube. One inside the glove box and the other below it.

Simply remove the torx screws, add the holder, and replace the screws using the same ones that were there. Takes about 5 minutes tops.

Jim

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
thomastrain
1st Gear
I am looking for a cup holder for my clubman so I can use large cups. Will the one above work and where can I find these online. I looked at the Mini Fini but I do not think it will work in the clubman.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Open passenger door, place person with pulse in passenger seat, place seat belt around them, bend said persons left arm to desired height, adjust hand to cup size, and off you go.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by QXXOTIC
This is EASY.

Just open the glove box and you will see 2 TORX screws in the downtube. One inside the glove box and the other below it.

Simply remove the torx screws, add the holder, and replace the screws using the same ones that were there. Takes about 5 minutes tops.

Jim
This should be made a sticky .

Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
LadyTazmanian
Neutral
Hey Everyone

WHere do I get the little black pin from?

Attached Thumbnails How to Install a Cup Holder?-mini-20cup-20holder-20front.jpg  
Old 10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
PA-MCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyTazmanian
WHere do I get the little black pin from?
I'm sure the dealership only sells this as a whole with the cupholder. I noticed my cupholder broke the other day at the mounting points. Damn heavy XL cups.

Just checked my broken cupholder, at first I thought it was all one piece. Then noticed it does come apart. Wonder if I can just buy the silver mounting piece or spend $68 for a new piece

Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Home-made Cup Holder

I offer the following home-made cup holder. All the parts are schedule 40 PVC plumbing parts from Home Depot. The cup container is nothing more than two off the shelf parts glued together with PVC cement. The cylinder that fits into the existing tiny factory hole is a piece of 2 inch PVC pipe. The bridge is made from sections from a different piece of 2 inch PVC pipe. The bridge that connects the smaller 2 inch pipe to the larger cup holder is glued with J-B Weld Epoxy. PVC glue is not good in this type of mechanical joint.

I carved out the relief in the bridge part with a hack saw and metal round file. I attempted some filler in the rough parts with the XS J-B and sanded and primed it. It is still a prototype and does not have a finished paint yet. It is very strong, totally and easily removable. Just grab it and pull it up in case you need to slide the pass seat all the way forward. It is large enough to hold a Big Slurpee sized cup. When using a regular cardboard coffee cup I throw a small piece of foam in the bottom so the cup sits up high enough to grab. So far it is working perfectly. This is easily made and easily removed if you need it to be gone. I tried it on the drivers side, but it hit under my knee and not comfortable.

Apparently this forum will only allow me to add three pics per post, so here are three pics. I'll do another post with more pics so you can see the relative size and location.

thanks YD

Cup Holder In-car top view.jpgCup Holder in car from pass side.jpgCup Holder top.jpg

Attached Thumbnails How to Install a Cup Holder?-cup-holder-in-car-top-view.jpg   How to Install a Cup Holder?-cup-holder-in-car-from-pass-side.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Home-made Cup Holder more pics

More pics of my cup holder

YD

Cup Holder in car Cup Holder bottom.jpgfrom driver side.jpgCup Holder angle 2.jpg

Old 10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
spinned
4th Gear
Wow... good job!