GP Talk (2006) Discussion of the limited edition, MINI Cooper S (R53)-based, John Cooper Works GP.

BS story in Arizona MINI

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:56 AM
vuanguyen
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS story in Arizona MINI

Mini Arizona has one of the last remaining GP in the State. I called them and the sale person ("DAVE") told me that they will not sell it for people out of state (I am from California). WTF!!!!!!!. Is this legal?

Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 AM
newbs49
Banned
They can really do what they want. They are just hopeing one of their customers will buy it so it stays in the area for PR purposes.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
ATCQL
5th Gear
Business must be good Q

Old 01-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Grumpee
2nd Gear
Are you talking a money deal or ar you talking to them about trading a car???

Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
vuanguyen
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 1322
Are you talking a money deal or ar you talking to them about trading a car???
Money deal. No trade.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by vuanguyen
Mini Arizona has one of the last remaining GP in the State. I called them and the sale person ("DAVE") told me that they will not sell it for people out of state (I am from California). WTF!!!!!!!. Is this legal?
Let me see, less than 10 posts. It is sad to hear that they have not sold you the car, however it is so stupid of you to get on NAM and give peoples names. Shame on you, probably they did the best thing not selling you the car.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
ChrisW
6th Gear
They can refuse service to anyone they want. why would it not be legal??? and if you want one that bad you should have taken care of your stuff a lot sooner.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a Zonie vs. Californicator thing.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 AM
vuanguyen
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
Let me see, less than 10 posts. It is sad to hear that they have not sold you the car, however it is so stupid of you to get on NAM and give peoples names. Shame on you, probably they did the best thing not selling you the car.
Chill out old man I just thought it was funny. That's all.

I am new to NAM so I don’t know the proper etiquette. Hey... I apologize OK. Feel better? Like you said, I only have 10 posts

BTW old man…how many posts do you need before you can call someone stupid??? I guess after 4000 posts, you get to say a lot...but you loose a lot of class too. WTF!!! Who am I kidding... I don't have any class

Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
camminich
5th Gear
I don't have any class
Sounds like a MINI might not be the best choice for you. At the very least, there are a # of GPs still floating around the country, and between NAM and ebay, I am sure you could find another one.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:21 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Who am I kidding... I don't have any class
I think you're funny vuanguyen of course I only have 2395 posts so what do I know

Good luck finding a GP

Old 01-23-2007, 12:41 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Chill out old man I just thought it was funny. That's all.

I am new to NAM so I don’t know the proper etiquette. Hey... I apologize OK. Feel better? Like you said, I only have 10 posts

BTW old man…how many posts do you need before you can call someone stupid??? I guess after 4000 posts, you get to say a lot...but you loose a lot of class too. WTF!!! Who am I kidding... I don't have any class
The number of posts is irrelevant, my point was to show how stupid it is to sign up to a public forum to cry about something and throw some indidual's name. NAM will take care of your "etiquette" problem, or you will be washed away as bunch of them did in the past.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Bigcoyote
4th Gear
OK--- to get back to the original thread.....

The one and only MINI dealer in AZ - makes a point of NOT selling cars to out of state buyers. They prefer all thier allotment to stay in AZ. Why... I have no idea. The sales mgr said that MINI gives them some type of priority ordering or something because all thier MINI's are sold in state??

That is the policy as was explained to me by the sales manager about a year ago.

SO.. if you raelly want that GP - open a PO Box in AZ and then "move" back to your home state

good luck

Old 01-23-2007, 02:10 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Check..
MINI of San Francisco
Braman MINI of Miami
...well...scratch that...called both dealers for you and they are both at 10k over msrp...watch ebay!!! PS the PO box thing wont work..Im pretty sure you need proof of residence as well as for registration you cannot register a car at a PO box. Hope this helps!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
I'll buy it (with your cash) for a measly sum of... oh let's see how bad you want it... your wheels.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Note to all: The signature discussion posts have been moved to this thread:

NAM Member Signatures (especially Bamatt's!)

Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
I talked to a salesman at Scottsdale...

...since I had a scheduled service (made appointment before this thread started).
Here is the car, just so nobody thinks I'm lying:

I asked: if I'm from Kalyfornya and walk in, will you sell me this car? He said yes. So I breifly told him what I read here, and he explained the allotment thing, and because this car is so scarce, the dealer won't put a hold on it. So, you did say you called. You know the saying: money talks, BS walks?

I'm with ScuderiaMini (even though he don't own a MINI). I've noticed a few new people who seem to get on NAM just to whine and moan. Great way to make a splash!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 89AKurt
I'm with ScuderiaMini (even though he don't own a MINI). I've noticed a few new people who seem to get on NAM just to whine and moan. Great way to make a splash!

Do not underestimate Scuderiamini Kurt, he might come back stronger than ever .

Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
Do not underestimate Scuderiamini Kurt, he might come back stronger than ever .
Oooooh!!!!! I'm scared!!! trying new "smiley"

Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
heh heee, that is a cool smiley

Old 01-25-2007, 08:17 AM
vuanguyen
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 89AKurt
...since I had a scheduled service (made appointment before this thread started).
Here is the car, just so nobody thinks I'm lying:

I asked: if I'm from Kalyfornya and walk in, will you sell me this car? He said yes. So I breifly told him what I read here, and he explained the allotment thing, and because this car is so scarce, the dealer won't put a hold on it. So, you did say you called. You know the saying: money talks, BS walks?

Man...this NAM thing is getting out of hand. I have less than 15 posts but have been judge left and right. Where's all the love? I just want to buy a car.
Anyway, taking your lead 89AKurt, I called them (480-538-mini) and said I want to buy the car right now. They refused and told me that I have to be physically there. I explained to them that it is not fair for me because what if on my way out there someone beat me to it. I offered to write a check for the whole car and not just a deposit. They still refused!!! Now WTF is that?
Please can somebody call them and confirm my sorry a#$ story? These oldtimers (more than 4000 posts) are not giving me a break
Peace

Old 01-25-2007, 08:24 AM
PGT
Banned
try calling back and asking for a sales manager.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
...I explained to them that it is not fair...
Life's not fair. Now quit whining , get on a plane and just buy the damn thing! If nothing else, you get to visit Scottsdale.

P.S. Kurt is lying. He photochopped the whole thing. Never trust anyone with less than 5,500 posts. Oops, guess you can't trust me either.

P.P.S Maybe you can get Kurt to stand there and lick the door handle like on the VW commercials. But then you'd be buying a GP with Kurt's saliva on it.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
camminich
5th Gear
It's there, anyone can buy it, but yes you do have to do it in person. BUT, IF YOU REALLY WANT THIS CAR, you could easily make it happen. That's all I am going to say.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Originally Posted by jaridp
Check..
MINI of San Francisco
Braman MINI of Miami
...well...scratch that...called both dealers for you and they are both at 10k over msrp...watch ebay!!! PS the PO box thing wont work..Im pretty sure you need proof of residence as well as for registration you cannot register a car at a PO box. Hope this helps!
Just to clarify...MINI of San Francisco is asking $5K over MSRP for each of the GPs they have in stock...not $10K each as was reported above. Just wanted to clarify as I spoke to someone at the dealership to confirm this pricing.

Mark

Quick Reply: BS story in Arizona MINI