GP Talk (2006) Discussion of the limited edition, MINI Cooper S (R53)-based, John Cooper Works GP.

Where to get a GP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
fuzzybam
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get a GP?

So I've been contacting dealers in CA and have not any replies from any of them and I was wondering if any of you guys have seen any GP's for sale in CA. If any of ya know, please let me know

Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 AM
biz
2nd Gear
How about EBAY? No milage and ...LOTS OF HP
biz<------fast learner

Old 10-04-2006, 06:32 AM
jaynicholson
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fuzzybam
So I've been contacting dealers in CA and have not any replies from any of them and I was wondering if any of you guys have seen any GP's for sale in CA. If any of ya know, please let me know
Good luck! I beleive almost all GP's were presold months ago. And with only a little of 400 coming to the US (415?) dealership don't very many.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:43 PM
fuzzybam
Neutral
That's honestly what I figured, but I thought I might double check. Oh well. Looks like its a Subaru WRX STi for me! Thanks guys.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=80834 It's not in CA, but buying out of state and bringing here is easy. I did it.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:21 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cars.com has two for sale

Old 10-06-2006, 10:21 AM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
let me just give everyone a piece of purchasing advice...

DO NOT SEND a FAX or E-MAIL

stating that you have submitted your e-mail and fax to X amount of dealers or X dealerships, and if you have this particular car in stock or something like it, please give me YOUR BEST price on the car.

I am awaiting your answer...

many times this will get you NO WHERE!

Now if you are just sending a mass email to a bunch of dealerships stating... "hey, i am interested in a GP please contact me if you have any available also, please include the price." I know there is little differnce, but the difference is huge at a dealership... also if you are looking for a GP(a car that only comes one way) it totally changes the situation. Its much easier to respond than If you are looking for a cooper s pepper white, lapis blue leather, 17's, black stripes, mfsw, hk, xenons and a rear fog light... Also, we get some that state, DO NOT RESPOND if you do not have exactly what i want...

sorry... just had to rant

Old 10-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
GoodLuck and If you find one then there is going to be a major mark up over MSRP! I say just make your own GP! Cheaper and you can make it faster!!!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 05:59 AM
H.A.W.G.
5th Gear
Charlotte, NC has 4 coming in I believe

Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 AM
Brain1.0
Manufacturer
Originally Posted by Jtrem
GoodLuck and If you find one then there is going to be a major mark up over MSRP! I say just make your own GP! Cheaper and you can make it faster!!!!!

I doubt you could clone one for any reasonable $$ but you could mod your own S and make a gp killer if that is what you want.

I have driven many an S and a bunch of coopers and honestly I really wish I was able to get a GP ! That is a sweet sweet ride!

And as far as I know there is a waiting list for any possible spots for GP's and they are delivering cars numbered 1000+ now so I am sure they will all be in the owners hands soon.

Last edited by Brain1.0; 10-10-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:14 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fuzzybam
That's honestly what I figured, but I thought I might double check. Oh well. Looks like its a Subaru WRX STi for me! Thanks guys.

Ruh?!! room for 2 vs. room for 4, two door vs. four door, s/c vs. turbo, fwd vs. awd. Sorry but I fail to see where these two vehicles compare on anything more than a "gotta have it" scale. And then there isn't much to compare: very limited availability (415 total to USA) vs. available option across several model years (not a very limited availability factor). If you want exclusivity and can't find a GP, make your own aftermarket MCS monster. It'll likely be cheaper and it'll have your own personal mark.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 AM
chigh
2nd Gear
International Mini in Milwaukee had an unsold GP a few weeks ago at MSRP.