General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amber Turn Signals--Why? How many opted for clear turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amber Turn Signals--Why? How many opted for clear turn signals?

IMHO I have not seen a MINI color that looks good with the amber turn signals. For me, the egg yoke look takes away from the overall appearance and stands out too much. I realize taste is a personal matter and have taken my share of jibes for ordering a PW/CR top and mirrors Factory JWC. My wife (a Registered Nurse) thinks it looks like an ambulance. Nick

Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DoubleNick
IMHO I have not seen a MINI color that looks good with the amber turn signals. For me, the egg yoke look takes away from the overall appearance and stands out too much. I realize taste is a personal matter and have taken my share of jibes for ordering a PW/CR top and mirrors Factory JWC. My wife (a Registered Nurse) thinks it looks like an ambulance. Nick
Molly's Turn Signal Lens's are "white", but the Bulb remains "amber/yellow", not sure what the problem is...atleast people who are actually paying attention while driving (I know...I know...who's that) will at least S@@ you!!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It was the one item that I regret not ordering when I bought mine. I remember thinking, why would I pay $100 for that. Now I know.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk

Spelling is a lost art on the Interwebs.

It's an egg yolk.

A yoke is a wooden beam, normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs.

Rant over...

Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Tmini08
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onefish2
Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk

It's an egg yolk.

A yoke is a wooden beam, normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs.

Rant over...

Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 AM
MattMatt
2nd Gear
yep, thought the white lenses were a "ricer" option until I saw the difference. Noticed weeks AFTER I placed my order. Luckily my MA got them the order changed in time. I have BRGII and think the amber looks particularly bad on that color (and other dark colors). I've also left the amber bulbs at least for now. Sometimes in the right light/angle the bulbs can make the whole turn signal look amber even if it's not flashing...

Old 05-27-2011, 04:43 AM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Originally Posted by onefish2

It's an egg yolk.

Rant over...
I stand corrected. Nick

Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 AM
onefish2
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MattMatt
yep, thought the white lenses were a "ricer" option until I saw the difference. Noticed weeks AFTER I placed my order. Luckily my MA got them the order changed in time. I have BRGII and think the amber looks particularly bad on that color (and other dark colors). I've also left the amber bulbs at least for now. Sometimes in the right light/angle the bulbs can make the whole turn signal look amber even if it's not flashing...
When you take pictures of the front of the car even with the clear lenses that amber bulb makes the whole thing look orange due to the reflector in the light assembly.

I recently replaced the amber bulbs with Philips Silvervision bulbs.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:04 AM
thulchatt
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleNick
I realize taste is a personal matter
You are correct, matter of taste. I'm not sure why you would be worried about others' choices.
I don't mind the yellow turn lights.
I have other MINI things style wise I don't agree with but that is my issue.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM
grueinthebox
5th Gear
Two orders, two sets of white turn signals. Both cars have been variations of silver, and I don't think the yellow goes well with that. Do think it would look fine with some other colors, though. Do find it silly that they don't give you non-yellow bulbs with the white turn signals - mine were promptly replaced (with white front / red rear on the R56, white front on the R55).