North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   Amber Turn Signals--Why? How many opted for clear turn signals? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/211199-amber-turn-signals-why-how-many-opted-for-clear-turn-signals.html)

DoubleNick 05-26-2011 04:31 PM

Amber Turn Signals--Why? How many opted for clear turn signals?

IMHO I have not seen a MINI color that looks good with the amber turn signals. For me, the egg yoke look takes away from the overall appearance and stands out too much. I realize taste is a personal matter and have taken my share of jibes for ordering a PW/CR top and mirrors Factory JWC. My wife (a Registered Nurse) thinks it looks like an ambulance. Nick:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RJKimbell 05-26-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleNick (Post 3293134)
IMHO I have not seen a MINI color that looks good with the amber turn signals. For me, the egg yoke look takes away from the overall appearance and stands out too much. I realize taste is a personal matter and have taken my share of jibes for ordering a PW/CR top and mirrors Factory JWC. My wife (a Registered Nurse) thinks it looks like an ambulance. Nick:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Molly's Turn Signal Lens's are "white", but the Bulb remains "amber/yellow", not sure what the problem is...atleast people who are actually paying attention while driving (I know...I know...who's that) will at least S@@ you!! :nod:

rockridge 05-26-2011 08:17 PM

It was the one item that I regret not ordering when I bought mine. I remember thinking, why would I pay $100 for that. Now I know.

onefish2 05-26-2011 09:01 PM

Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk

Spelling is a lost art on the Interwebs.

It's an egg yolk.

A yoke is a wooden beam, normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs.

Rant over...

Tmini08 05-26-2011 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by onefish2 (Post 3293341)
Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk Yolk

It's an egg yolk.

A yoke is a wooden beam, normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs.

Rant over...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MattMatt 05-27-2011 04:21 AM

yep, thought the white lenses were a "ricer" option until I saw the difference. Noticed weeks AFTER I placed my order. Luckily my MA got them the order changed in time. I have BRGII and think the amber looks particularly bad on that color (and other dark colors). I've also left the amber bulbs at least for now. Sometimes in the right light/angle the bulbs can make the whole turn signal look amber even if it's not flashing...

DoubleNick 05-27-2011 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by onefish2 (Post 3293341)

It's an egg yolk.

Rant over...

I stand corrected. Nick

onefish2 05-27-2011 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by MattMatt (Post 3293459)
yep, thought the white lenses were a "ricer" option until I saw the difference. Noticed weeks AFTER I placed my order. Luckily my MA got them the order changed in time. I have BRGII and think the amber looks particularly bad on that color (and other dark colors). I've also left the amber bulbs at least for now. Sometimes in the right light/angle the bulbs can make the whole turn signal look amber even if it's not flashing...

When you take pictures of the front of the car even with the clear lenses that amber bulb makes the whole thing look orange due to the reflector in the light assembly.

I recently replaced the amber bulbs with Philips Silvervision bulbs.

thulchatt 05-27-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by DoubleNick (Post 3293134)
I realize taste is a personal matter

You are correct, matter of taste. I'm not sure why you would be worried about others' choices.
I don't mind the yellow turn lights.
I have other MINI things style wise I don't agree with but that is my issue.:lol:

grueinthebox 05-27-2011 06:56 AM

Two orders, two sets of white turn signals. Both cars have been variations of silver, and I don't think the yellow goes well with that. Do think it would look fine with some other colors, though. Do find it silly that they don't give you non-yellow bulbs with the white turn signals - mine were promptly replaced (with white front / red rear on the R56, white front on the R55).