F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 JCW Tuning Kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Maine Mini S
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JCW Tuning Kit Install

I bought the JCW Tuning Kit and am installing it myself (Will bring to the dealer for Software!). Got the wire all run to the front distribution box, but can't figure how to get to the back side of the box to install the wires. Anybody done this yet?

Old 07-08-2015, 06:07 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Factory Install PDF here to help. Let us know how it goes.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4095574

#ecstuning #JCW

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-08-2015, 07:36 AM
larryzhou
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maine Mini S
I bought the JCW Tuning Kit and am installing it myself (Will bring to the dealer for Software!). Got the wire all run to the front distribution box, but can't figure how to get to the back side of the box to install the wires. Anybody done this yet?
1. you need to take off the entrance sill cover, the cover for footwell, the glove box.

the glove box has 5 screws, 2 underneath by taking out the cover, 2 on the top edge, 1 under the top ,inside the glove box

2. there is 1 clip holding the fuse box, unclip then pull off the fuse box, gently,

3. locate the fuse number , use a sharp item take out the long blue securing clip on the back of the fuse box, then insert the 2 pins,

Old 07-12-2015, 10:44 PM
BP-F56s
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once the pipes are installed(wired up). Does the flap open with the remote. or does the system have to be programed for that to work? I would love to have this exhaust installed but If the software is installed I'll loose the ability for coding.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 AM
Maine Mini S
1st Gear
No, you do not need the software to use the new exhaust! I installed mine last week and have not had a chance to get back to the dealer to install the software, and it works great!! 😀

Old 07-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Maine Mini S
1st Gear
Just wanted to say Thank you to larryzhou for your help! That was exactly what I needed to know!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:08 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
No, you do not need the software to use the new exhaust! I installed mine last week and have not had a chance to get back to the dealer to install the software, and it works great!! 😀
We verified this on the kit we installed a couple weeks ago. It's nice sound even without the tune installed.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 07-31-2015, 05:23 AM
Maine Mini S
1st Gear
Well, finally got to the dealer to have the software installed! My impressions are that yes, I believe I can feel a difference in performance! Not sure if this is true or not, but I do not remember hearing the turbo before, but can now hear it spool up.... At least I think so.... As far as the "Pop and Burbles", I do NOT believe that they have increased with the software upgrade. My thought is that you can just really hear them now especially in "Track Mode".... VERY noticeable!!! (Still very quiet in "Non Track Mode".... Read very "Wife Friendly!!) The exhaust is not obnoxious(Except for the Pops & Burbles are quite loud) in track mode and no drone on the highway!! One thing that I like is that the "Rev Matching" sounds really nice when slowing down in track mode!!
BTW..... I'm no "young" kid..... 66yo..... So take that into consideration in my review...

Side Note: I was at the dealer last week for my first oil change and asked them if there were any software updates available for my car (I told them I had read that an update might be available (Was hoping to get "Rev Matching" for second gear!) and was told that there was no update available for my car.
When I got into my car last night after the "Tuning Update" I found that I now have "Rev Matching" in second gear!!

Old 09-08-2016, 05:10 AM
spotted
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
How much did the dealer charge you for the software install?