F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Leaving car with phone call in progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:30 AM
talasyn
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaving car with phone call in progress

So here is the situation. I'm driving home and and having a phone conversation (iPhone) over bluetooth. I arrive at home and want to continue my call, but inside my house. I shut the engine off, select "iPhone" as my audio source on my iPhone and press the start/stop button on the mini to turn off the accessories.

My problem is this - pressing the start/stop the second time doesn't turn off the accessories when a call is in progress. The XL display is still showing the call. At this point I want to leave my car and go inside my house but the accessories are still on. How do I get the accessories to turn off once I switch the audio source from the car to my phone? Do I just walk away from the car and eventually they will shut off? Should be simple, but I'm just not getting it.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:49 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This happened to me today...I shut off the car, phone call still in progress. Exited car, ~15', phone call disconnects. Had to call person back. So, if I get a call and want to exit the car, I have to hang up and call the person back? Does not seem right....

Old 01-01-2015, 11:01 AM
bennetbecker
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solution

I believe if you hit the start stop button, transfer the call to your handset, and lock the car, it will turn off the accessories automatically. Hope that helps :-)

Old 01-01-2015, 08:57 PM
JonCanada
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by D.D.
This happened to me today...I shut off the car, phone call still in progress. Exited car, ~15', phone call disconnects. Had to call person back. So, if I get a call and want to exit the car, I have to hang up and call the person back? Does not seem right....
on an iphone you switch the audio-source and you can continue with the call, regardless of the car being on or off after switching.. not sure about other phones; but it sounds like you were able to switch the audio source - so the car turning off shouldn't have any affect on the call.

and to the original question, either tap the start/stop button again or lock the car, to turn off the car - as you normally would.

on a side note, if you're on mute via your car - remember to mute the call on your phone when changing the audio source, as it doesn't carry-over (taken too many conference calls, as i'm on the way in to the office )

Old 01-02-2015, 05:41 AM
ct21
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by talasyn
So here is the situation. I'm driving home and and having a phone conversation (iPhone) over bluetooth. I arrive at home and want to continue my call, but inside my house. I shut the engine off, select "iPhone" as my audio source on my iPhone and press the start/stop button on the mini to turn off the accessories.

My problem is this - pressing the start/stop the second time doesn't turn off the accessories when a call is in progress. The XL display is still showing the call. At this point I want to leave my car and go inside my house but the accessories are still on. How do I get the accessories to turn off once I switch the audio source from the car to my phone? Do I just walk away from the car and eventually they will shut off? Should be simple, but I'm just not getting it.

If the F56 functions the same as an R56, the accessories will shut off automatically once you've closed the door and lock the car.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:27 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks JonCanada...

Old 01-02-2015, 09:19 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by ct21
If the F56 functions the same as an R56, the accessories will shut off automatically once you've closed the door and lock the car.
Also see if there's a button inside the armrest that will d/c the connection with the car and the phone. As I recall there is but check.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:37 PM
JS24
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JonCanada
on an iphone you switch the audio-source and you can continue with the call, regardless of the car being on or off after switching.. not sure about other phones; but it sounds like you were able to switch the audio source - so the car turning off shouldn't have any affect on the call.
One would think this would be the case but it isn't. The call will be terminated when the power to car is shut off. This happens using a iPhone and Android device. If someone knows a trick to get around this, great. But at the moment I don't think it is possible. I've just learned to say "okay, call you back in a minute"...

Old 01-02-2015, 07:17 PM
specifione
Neutral
i change the source manually(i use note 3, need to press headset to transfer call to phone from car vice versa) and lock the car.no issues so far.