F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Silver Roof on the configurator

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 06:41 PM
mstnggt66
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silver Roof on the configurator

Just ordered a 2023 Clubman JCW. The configurator let me pick Rebel Green with Silver Roof which looks sharp. But when the dealer went to put the order in, it wouldn't allow silver they say. I settled for white roof but wondering if anyone has experienced this too?

Old 11-16-2022, 12:39 PM
Tazz
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mstnggt66
Just ordered a 2023 Clubman JCW. The configurator let me pick Rebel Green with Silver Roof which looks sharp. But when the dealer went to put the order in, it wouldn't allow silver they say. I settled for white roof but wondering if anyone has experienced this too?
The color option combinations along with other options change frequently and a lot of times the website isn't updated fast enough to keep up. I'm supposed to pick up my 2023 JCW Clubman in a couple days on 11-18-2022 after waiting just five days shy of six months for it. I hope you have the patience of a saint. Mine is blue with a red roof. My color combination was discontinued about a week after I ordered it.
Good luck with your order. I hope you get close to what you want.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:59 PM
mstnggt66
1st Gear
Right now the only things that are different:
- White roof instead of silver...that's ok, the white actually looks better
- No HUD...getting a $ credit. Also ok because the HUD was actually keeping me from getting the Iconic.

I have a production date of first week of January already.
6 months is nothing! We ordered a Mustang Mach-E (amazing car!) and that took 11 months.

Originally Posted by Tazz
The color option combinations along with other options change frequently and a lot of times the website isn't updated fast enough to keep up. I'm supposed to pick up my 2023 JCW Clubman in a couple days on 11-18-2022 after waiting just five days shy of six months for it. I hope you have the patience of a saint. Mine is blue with a red roof. My color combination was discontinued about a week after I ordered it.
Good luck with your order. I hope you get close to what you want.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:55 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
In October 2019 (seems a lifetime ago) I wanted silver over coral red. European configurator would do it, USA configurator wouldn't. I called MINI USA and they couldn't/wouldn't do anything for me. The General Sales Manager at my MINI dealer said, "Let me make a phone call." A short time later he sent me a build sheet to approve, which had the colors I wanted. So I've been happily driving a one-off color Clubman for 3 years now. And there was no additional cost for the special color combo.

A lot has changed in the last few years, but I would suggest looking at the German configurator just for giggles and, I would find out if the color you originally wanted is available anywhere, then the right person should be able to make it happen for you, since all the cars come through the same paint production line.

In any case, congratulations on your new car.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2017All4:
BendersMINI (11-19-2022), TurgidFlux (11-18-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 06:52 AM
mstnggt66
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4
In October 2019 (seems a lifetime ago) I wanted silver over coral red. European configurator would do it, USA configurator wouldn't. I called MINI USA and they couldn't/wouldn't do anything for me. The General Sales Manager at my MINI dealer said, "Let me make a phone call." A short time later he sent me a build sheet to approve, which had the colors I wanted. So I've been happily driving a one-off color Clubman for 3 years now. And there was no additional cost for the special color combo.

A lot has changed in the last few years, but I would suggest looking at the German configurator just for giggles and, I would find out if the color you originally wanted is available anywhere, then the right person should be able to make it happen for you, since all the cars come through the same paint production line.

In any case, congratulations on your new car.
Funny thing is the US configurator has the silver roof. It’s the dealer order system that won’t let them. I feel like in todays world where “supply chain issues” is the go to excuse, a custom roof color won’t be as easily had. But I will ask again based on your experience!

Old 11-19-2022, 09:35 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Funny thing is the US configurator has the silver roof. It’s the dealer order system that won’t let them. I feel like in todays world where “supply chain issues” is the go to excuse, a custom roof color won’t be as easily had. But I will ask again based on your experience!
I was a repeat customer which might have helped, though the main reason I returned to the dealer and contacted the General Sales Manager who had helped me acquire my first Clubman was the excellent experience I had with them when I leased my 2017 Clubman. I developed a very good relationship with the GSM. He knew I was ready to do another deal and he had the sale, and he wanted to satisfy me (and I think he maybe enjoyed showing me he had the right connections to get the special request done when I was unable to do so on my own).

Long way of saying, in this world too many people in positions to get things done often believe it's just easier to say "no" and hope the problem goes away.

My mantra has always been that "no" is just the beginning of a conversation. My goal is to try to get the person telling me no to want to get to yes.

Many good things have fallen my way over the years as a result of this approach. Best of luck!

Old 11-20-2022, 06:34 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
I checked with a friend who is a motoring advisor and also does most of the ordering for his dealership. Unless something recently changed, he said you can order the silver roof on the Clubman.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:23 AM
mstnggt66
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JackMac
I checked with a friend who is a motoring advisor and also does most of the ordering for his dealership. Unless something recently changed, he said you can order the silver roof on the Clubman.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to go today and ask again.

As of last week, they were telling me silver roof on a Clubman S was allowed. Silver roof on a JCW was not. Funny thing is I've never seen or can find a picture of a JCW that has a white roof so that seems like an oddity too.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:25 AM
mstnggt66
1st Gear
Followed up with the sales manager and he followed with the MINI rep. Confirmed silver is no longer available globally for some unknown reason.
I figured this was going to be the case since the UK configurator didn’t have the silver roof option.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:38 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Followed up with the sales manager and he followed with the MINI rep. Confirmed silver is no longer available globally for some unknown reason.
I figured this was going to be the case since the UK configurator didn’t have the silver roof option.
Well, if Melting Silver is discontinued or suspended, there's nothing to be done. I'm sure your car will be wonderful. You did all you could.