F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Ordering Info - Am I just impatient?

Old 02-17-2017, 06:22 AM
mjmurray68
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering Info - Am I just impatient?

Greetings Forum,

First time poster, first time soon-to-be Mini Owner here.

On 1/23 I placed an order for a F54 JCW, and given a production number. I'm now nearly a month in, and I have yet to be able to register on the Owner's Lounge, and when calling the Mini support line I'm told my car has yet to move into production. I was also told that I can't register on the OL until my car moves into production and is assigned a VIN. (My sales person has stated the same).

I'm a bit skeptical because when I placed my order my Salesperson stated I should be able to register in 3-4 days, and at that time I double checked with the Mini support line and they echoed that.

Now when I call the Mini support line, my call goes directly to an agent when I enter my production number, but they have no additional or new information.

I readily admit I'm being impatient and probably a PITA for my salesperson, but is this normal? Does it reflect anyone else's experience?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Ours was up on owners lounge quickly, however info was always delayed compared to calling. A few days seems right, not weeks.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:44 AM
mjmurray68
Neutral
Thanks for the response, ironically minutes after posting I got an update from my sales rep... My production date has moved from 2/13-19 to 3/6-12... Delivery from mid-March to early April... not overly excited about that, but not sure what I can do...

Sales rep suggested it may be because as a JCW, Mini has limited production windows per month...

Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
It all depends on how you 'catch' the production cycle, especially with a JCW version. I know I saw VIN's on my shipment lot that were over 6 weeks old as compared to mine that was ~1 week old. A couple of the oldest ones on the manifest happened to be JCW's, FWIW. Now you will simply have to wait and gather up as much pre-info as you can.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:41 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Not unusual, especially for a JCW. Dealers get only so many production spots a month and JCW spots are usually few and far between. The dealer should have had a better idea on when your production spot would have been though. You can usually register with a production number before it actually goes into production, though the build may look different than what you wanted (normal), but it should show your actual build once production starts. You should have a VIN a day or two after production starts - from there it's much easier to track.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 PM
zagman
2nd Gear
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
This is good information! I am about to order my F54 JCW tomorrow. This will help guide how long it will take!

Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by zagman
This is good information! I am about to order my F54 JCW tomorrow. This will help guide how long it will take!
Make sure you get a production number and a scheduled production date! If not, they may not have an opening yet, but they should communicate that.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:10 PM
mjmurray68
Neutral
And be aware, apparently, even with a production number, and scheduled production date... things can change... :-)

I hate to say it, but if I hadn't been calling the consumer line 2x/week, I'm not sure I would have ever found out my mini's production date had slipped, so do your due diligence.

Now with all this time on my hand I'll be continuing my exploration into car coding and piggy-back chips... :-)

Old 02-20-2017, 07:55 PM
zagman
2nd Gear
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I ordered my JCW F54 today. I was told by my MA that the Owners Lounge has been revamped and not as useful. Still waiting for my production number and spot

Old 02-21-2017, 08:25 PM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by zagman
I ordered my JCW F54 today. I was told by my MA that the Owners Lounge has been revamped and not as useful. Still waiting for my production number and spot
Interesting comment from your MA, hasn't changed since last October when I ordered mine. The tracking info on there isn't as detailed and lags behind a couple of days from what your MA can track in their system access, but it isn't 'horrible' either. Hopefully your MA can keep close tabs on your order and sends you updates on a timely basis. The longest part of the wait is once your MINI gets on the boat. Mine ended up taking a European tour before making a stop back at Southampton and then finally heading across the pond.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:13 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
I don't think the Owners Lounge has changed since before I ordered my first MINI in 2011! LOL

Old 02-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Camyman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I don't think the Owners Lounge has changed since before I ordered my first MINI in 2011! LOL
I don't think its been updated since 2006.... same with the MINI Credit Card site. Seems like it was designed 10 years ago.

Search this Thread