F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Just ordered-told Owner's Lounge not useful anymore

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:00 PM
zagman
2nd Gear
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Just ordered-told Owner's Lounge not useful anymore

I just took my first steps into a larger world by ordering my JCW F54 today. Now I am waiting for my production number and spot. In the conversation, my MA indicated the Owner's Lounge has been revamped and not as useful as it once had been.

Have anyone you experienced a change? What are you seeing?

Old 02-22-2017, 06:22 AM
mjmurray68
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zagman,

I'll let you know when I'm actually able to register... :-)

I ordered my JCW 1/23, and was initially told that I should be able to register with my Prod. Number, but to wait 2-3 days... Then told give it some more time... Then told it could be my browser, try Firefox or Chrome... Then told, as of the last update you needed your VIN to register... 2/21 - Received VIN, now being told again to wait a few more days to register...

The folks at the Customer Support line have all been fantastic, as has my MA, and the information they have is quite detailed, albeit always couched in caveats...

My guess is that the reason the information on the Lounge is behind is that the wheel production tracking system available to reps. provides estimated time frames as well as actual, the Lounge likely only displays actual events...

Keep us posted.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:39 AM
rfg123
2nd Gear
I've been using the Owners Lounge for the last two-three weeks. I would agree that the phone support is the way to go - they have much more detailed information included vessel names. Half the fun is tracking the boat... Right now my Clubman is at the Distribution center in Newark, NJ waiting shipment to the dealer. Should only be a few more days...

Old 02-22-2017, 09:17 AM
zagman
2nd Gear
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Man, I am jealous (in the good way) that you that far along. I am still waiting to hear about getting a production date. I ordered this past week and will be calling my MA tomorrow check in.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:53 PM
gearhead60
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts
My experience was the Owner's Lounge was about 5 days behind what my Salesman could tell me. Good Luck! My order to delivery time was 30 days. Hope your's works out as well.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:40 AM
rfg123
2nd Gear
Turns out the distribution center in Newark is running about two days behind... Guess my target is sometime next week.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:12 AM
Virgilstar
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I used it at the end of last year (ordered in October, delivery in December and all was OK). BUT... it needs Adobe Flash to run in the browser, which anyone who know jack about security will tell you is a problem. I didn't find it particularly useful. Cute, but not mind-blowing on the level of detail provided.