Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical NCS Expert - need help with a couple of options not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 PM
ageofoctane
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NCS Expert - need help with a couple of options not working

I've got NCS Expert and NCS Dummy working well and have made a number of changes on my '03 MCS, thanks in a large part to the information available on this forum. Driver and Passenger auto up, DRL, etc. A couple of things that I just can't get to happen though, which, from what I've seen in other threads, should be possible for my year, if not all years. I feel like I've tried every combination of things relating to these, but no luck. Any recommendations, or copies of .trc files if you have these working on your car would be very much appreciated.

1. - Comfort closing with remote. It works with the key in the door. I've changed the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB to aktiv and and REMOTE_LAZY_LOCK to aktiv. Comfort opening works with the remote.

2. - Visual Locking/unlocking acknowledge. My car flashes once on locking, and not at all for unlocking. I want it to flash once or twice when unlocking, and three times when locking.
I've changed the QUIT_OPT_ANZAHL_SICHERN - NUMBER OF VISUAL LOCKING ACKNOWLEDGES with no success in getting anything other than 1. I've changed all of the visual unlocking acknowledge options I can find without any of them activating it either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM
KMalinich
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of these things can be dependent on the BC1 revision. Has it ever flashed on unlocking, even before NCSExpert mods?

Old 10-02-2013, 03:22 PM
ageofoctane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KMalinich
Some of these things can be dependent on the BC1 revision. Has it ever flashed on unlocking, even before NCSExpert mods?
It has never flashed on unlocking.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:28 AM
Gijs Spruyt
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The blinking with locking and unlocking works for me as it is. But I have a Afterfit alarm in my car, maybe that does it.

but the comfort function with key and remote, I've enabled and it works. if you want, I can post my FSW_PSW.MAN for my bc1 here?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM
ageofoctane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Gijs Spruyt
The blinking with locking and unlocking works for me as it is. But I have a Afterfit alarm in my car, maybe that does it.

but the comfort function with key and remote, I've enabled and it works. if you want, I can post my FSW_PSW.MAN for my bc1 here?
If it wouldn't be much trouble, yes, thank you. Another NAM member sent me his a little while back, and it looked like I had everything set the way he did as far as comfort options were, so I'm afraid it may just not be an option for my car. I'd like to see another file though, just to go over it again. The only comfort option that doesn't work is comfort closing with remote. It isn't that big of a deal, but it would be handy from time to time. More than anything, I'm just happy to have auto up windows now. That alone was worth the cost of the cable and software.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Gijs Spruyt
1st Gear
I've got my trc files available here; https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.txt

Hope they are off some use....

Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
ageofoctane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Gijs Spruyt
I've got my trc files available here; https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.txt

Hope they are off some use....
Got them. Thank you!

Old 02-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Gijs Spruyt
1st Gear
Curious if it will help you, good luck!