Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert? - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Electrical
Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert? >

Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert?

Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert?

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM
OwenRW
OwenRW is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert?

Could anyone help me out with the correct way (i.e. not coding with a blank MAN file) to reset a module with NCS Expert?

I've searched on here, and found a thread with a link to BMW Coding, but unfortunately the BMW Coding link is dead :(

In an effort to try and fix my non-working IHKA and radio lighting, I'd like to try and reset the FRM module, but I'd like to do this 'properly'.

Can anyone help me out?
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 AM
strobeyprobey
strobeyprobey is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
This is from memory, you need to go into the profile editor in NCS and turn off trace file manipulation. Then "Process" the module with the 'SG_CODIEREN' job.

The password is repxet
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
OwenRW
OwenRW is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Agbullet25's Avatar
Agbullet25
Agbullet25 is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 802
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....rtmode-profile

This is also a how to on reseting the modules based on VO stored in the car. You have to sign up over there, but it's a valuable resources.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:14 PM
murphysmotors
murphysmotors is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
first, i want to say thank you for your informative post.
second, i was hoping to ask for your help.

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S (R56).
I was trying to disable the TPMS system so the light wouldn't keep coming on and I used my NCS EXPERT and NCS Dummy with V38 datens and now my whole car is screwed. i played with some kombi options in NCS dummy (because I'm a dummy) and maybe some other stuff in there too to be honest. I can't even remember what I did.

The engine won't even turn on any more after my last attempt to fix it.
My cluster is showing all these weird symbols I've never seen before like my tailgate or convertible top is open (this isn't a convertible)
The gas gauge doesn't light up the bars, the speed and tach don't work (i checked when the car started earlier today after original coding).

I tried resetting all the ECUs with your advice but it still won't work.
Anything you can do to help me with would be greatly appreciated.
I can use TeamViewer if necessary also.
Thanks.

I don't know what else to do.
Please reply or PM me if you are willing and able to help
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM
xcmtber14
xcmtber14 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by murphysmotors View Post
first, i want to say thank you for your informative post.
second, i was hoping to ask for your help.

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S (R56).
I was trying to disable the TPMS system so the light wouldn't keep coming on and I used my NCS EXPERT and NCS Dummy with V38 datens and now my whole car is screwed. i played with some kombi options in NCS dummy (because I'm a dummy) and maybe some other stuff in there too to be honest. I can't even remember what I did.

The engine won't even turn on any more after my last attempt to fix it.
My cluster is showing all these weird symbols I've never seen before like my tailgate or convertible top is open (this isn't a convertible)
The gas gauge doesn't light up the bars, the speed and tach don't work (i checked when the car started earlier today after original coding).

I tried resetting all the ECUs with your advice but it still won't work.
Anything you can do to help me with would be greatly appreciated.
I can use TeamViewer if necessary also.
Thanks.

I don't know what else to do.
Please reply or PM me if you are willing and able to help
Try re-coding with updated datens (v51? dont quote me on that) I had the same problem, just update the datens and you'll be fine!
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-09-2014, 08:02 PM
SkyJumpr16
SkyJumpr16 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sunroof Reset Failure

So, I attempted to program my Sunroof for auto open. Followed all the steps, I got a Sunroof icon with an X in the tach area display, now the sunroof won't move at all. Thank god it's closed.

I ran thru the reset steps for the SHD module, no dice. Sunroof still won't move.

Anyone seen this or have any thoughts as to what could be the issue?

Thanks.
 

Last edited by SkyJumpr16; 08-09-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2014, 09:17 AM
SkyJumpr16
SkyJumpr16 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nevermind, you seem to have to reinitialize the sunroof after programming. I got it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-2015, 06:40 PM
a7x6kse6
a7x6kse6 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyJumpr16 View Post
Nevermind, you seem to have to reinitialize the sunroof after programming. I got it.
How do you reinitialize the sunroof?

I used v38 daten files to try to code the two touch sunroof, ended up completely killing my speedometer, tach, gas gauge and the car was throwing all sorts of codes. I recoded the SHD and KOMBI modules with v53 datens which fixed all the gauges but the car still thinks it is a convertible when it actually is a hardtop. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2015, 08:37 PM
a7x6kse6
a7x6kse6 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a7x6kse6 View Post
How do you reinitialize the sunroof?

I used v38 daten files to try to code the two touch sunroof, ended up completely killing my speedometer, tach, gas gauge and the car was throwing all sorts of codes. I recoded the SHD and KOMBI modules with v53 datens which fixed all the gauges but the car still thinks it is a convertible when it actually is a hardtop. Any help would be appreciated.
Ok so I recoded both the KOMBI and SHD modules with blank .MAN files on v53 and was able to get rid of the convertible/spoiler alert. As far as I can tell everything is working except the sunroof. When I hold the sunroof open button the sunroof only moves a few inches and then stops and I have to hold the button again. I have to hit the button several times to the get the sunroof to fully open. Same thing to close it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-21-2015, 08:25 AM
walk0080's Avatar
walk0080
walk0080 is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
---
 

Last edited by walk0080; 06-05-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-15-2016, 11:44 PM
ultrakill's Avatar
ultrakill
ultrakill is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you Thank you Thank you, I have been struggling with old daten files for a week now, finally found updated ones here: v53 daten files

I was having the same problems described by murphysmotors. All issues cleared up, and after defaulting IHKS, CAS, FRM, and maybe KOMBI, TPMS went out perfectly when I pulled fuse.

Thank goodness for the help from all the websites on ncs expert. There is a lot out there but really the most important thing is having up to date files.

Thanks everyone.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-31-2017, 11:39 AM
nabilishes
nabilishes is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KOMBI errors

i know this thread is old but i have some KOMBI errors as well.
I was looking into INPA and checking errors and information when a second later after rechecking again the errors i got KOMBI errors A3C1 and A3B4. Power windows, angel lights, power lock, side markers dont work. The car could start though and the headlights are automatically on even though it is switched to off.

Is my FML module bricked? Or is there a way to reset it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:29 PM
altalon
altalon is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NCS Expert Fail - Help Needed

Using old datens, NCS Expert no longer recognizes "R56" chassis in startup. Will new datens get past this?
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Joseph Jones
Joseph Jones is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by altalon View Post
Using old datens, NCS Expert no longer recognizes "R56" chassis in startup. Will new datens get past this?
DATENs have no affect on which chassis are displayed in NCS. The list of chassis in NCS is controlled by a separate file, which is not bound to any DATENs.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
n0mis
MINI5280
11
03-09-2016 06:04 PM
GAT
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
6
10-04-2015 08:27 PM
GoBadges
Vendor Announcements
0
10-01-2015 12:10 PM
Mini Mania
Vendor Announcements
0
09-25-2015 01:32 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: