North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Electrical (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical-194/)
-   -   Electrical Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical/247518-reset-module-to-default-with-ncs-expert.html)

OwenRW 03-17-2013 07:10 PM

Reset Module to Default with NCS Expert?

Could anyone help me out with the correct way (i.e. not coding with a blank MAN file) to reset a module with NCS Expert?

I've searched on here, and found a thread with a link to BMW Coding, but unfortunately the BMW Coding link is dead :(

In an effort to try and fix my non-working IHKA and radio lighting, I'd like to try and reset the FRM module, but I'd like to do this 'properly'.

Can anyone help me out?

strobeyprobey 03-18-2013 07:39 AM

This is from memory, you need to go into the profile editor in NCS and turn off trace file manipulation. Then "Process" the module with the 'SG_CODIEREN' job.

The password is repxet

OwenRW 03-20-2013 11:10 AM

Agbullet25 04-10-2013 04:49 PM

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....rtmode-profile

This is also a how to on reseting the modules based on VO stored in the car. You have to sign up over there, but it's a valuable resources.

murphysmotors 07-17-2014 05:14 PM

first, i want to say thank you for your informative post.
second, i was hoping to ask for your help.

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S (R56).
I was trying to disable the TPMS system so the light wouldn't keep coming on and I used my NCS EXPERT and NCS Dummy with V38 datens and now my whole car is screwed. i played with some kombi options in NCS dummy (because I'm a dummy) and maybe some other stuff in there too to be honest. I can't even remember what I did.

The engine won't even turn on any more after my last attempt to fix it.:eek2:
My cluster is showing all these weird symbols I've never seen before like my tailgate or convertible top is open (this isn't a convertible)
The gas gauge doesn't light up the bars, the speed and tach don't work (i checked when the car started earlier today after original coding).

I tried resetting all the ECUs with your advice but it still won't work.
Anything you can do to help me with would be greatly appreciated.
I can use TeamViewer if necessary also.
Thanks.

I don't know what else to do.
Please reply or PM me if you are willing and able to help

xcmtber14 07-23-2014 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by murphysmotors (Post 3963529)
first, i want to say thank you for your informative post.
second, i was hoping to ask for your help.

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S (R56).
I was trying to disable the TPMS system so the light wouldn't keep coming on and I used my NCS EXPERT and NCS Dummy with V38 datens and now my whole car is screwed. i played with some kombi options in NCS dummy (because I'm a dummy) and maybe some other stuff in there too to be honest. I can't even remember what I did.

The engine won't even turn on any more after my last attempt to fix it.:eek2:
My cluster is showing all these weird symbols I've never seen before like my tailgate or convertible top is open (this isn't a convertible)
The gas gauge doesn't light up the bars, the speed and tach don't work (i checked when the car started earlier today after original coding).

I tried resetting all the ECUs with your advice but it still won't work.
Anything you can do to help me with would be greatly appreciated.
I can use TeamViewer if necessary also.
Thanks.

I don't know what else to do.
Please reply or PM me if you are willing and able to help

Try re-coding with updated datens (v51? dont quote me on that) I had the same problem, just update the datens and you'll be fine!

SkyJumpr16 08-09-2014 07:02 PM

Sunroof Reset Failure

So, I attempted to program my Sunroof for auto open. Followed all the steps, I got a Sunroof icon with an X in the tach area display, now the sunroof won't move at all. Thank god it's closed.

I ran thru the reset steps for the SHD module, no dice. Sunroof still won't move.

Anyone seen this or have any thoughts as to what could be the issue?

Thanks.

SkyJumpr16 08-10-2014 08:17 AM

Nevermind, you seem to have to reinitialize the sunroof after programming. I got it. :)

a7x6kse6 08-22-2015 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by SkyJumpr16 (Post 3973441)
Nevermind, you seem to have to reinitialize the sunroof after programming. I got it. :)

How do you reinitialize the sunroof?

I used v38 daten files to try to code the two touch sunroof, ended up completely killing my speedometer, tach, gas gauge and the car was throwing all sorts of codes. I recoded the SHD and KOMBI modules with v53 datens which fixed all the gauges but the car still thinks it is a convertible when it actually is a hardtop. Any help would be appreciated.

a7x6kse6 08-22-2015 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by a7x6kse6 (Post 4115882)
How do you reinitialize the sunroof?

I used v38 daten files to try to code the two touch sunroof, ended up completely killing my speedometer, tach, gas gauge and the car was throwing all sorts of codes. I recoded the SHD and KOMBI modules with v53 datens which fixed all the gauges but the car still thinks it is a convertible when it actually is a hardtop. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok so I recoded both the KOMBI and SHD modules with blank .MAN files on v53 and was able to get rid of the convertible/spoiler alert. As far as I can tell everything is working except the sunroof. When I hold the sunroof open button the sunroof only moves a few inches and then stops and I have to hold the button again. I have to hit the button several times to the get the sunroof to fully open. Same thing to close it.

walk0080 12-21-2015 07:25 AM

---

ultrakill 09-15-2016 10:44 PM

Thank you Thank you Thank you, I have been struggling with old daten files for a week now, finally found updated ones here: v53 daten files

I was having the same problems described by murphysmotors. All issues cleared up, and after defaulting IHKS, CAS, FRM, and maybe KOMBI, TPMS went out perfectly when I pulled fuse.

Thank goodness for the help from all the websites on ncs expert. There is a lot out there but really the most important thing is having up to date files.

Thanks everyone.

nabilishes 03-31-2017 10:39 AM

KOMBI errors

i know this thread is old but i have some KOMBI errors as well.
I was looking into INPA and checking errors and information when a second later after rechecking again the errors i got KOMBI errors A3C1 and A3B4. Power windows, angel lights, power lock, side markers dont work. The car could start though and the headlights are automatically on even though it is switched to off.

Is my FML module bricked? Or is there a way to reset it.

altalon 08-10-2018 12:29 PM

NCS Expert Fail - Help Needed

Using old datens, NCS Expert no longer recognizes "R56" chassis in startup. Will new datens get past this?

Joseph Jones 08-20-2018 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by altalon (Post 4412908)
Using old datens, NCS Expert no longer recognizes "R56" chassis in startup. Will new datens get past this?

DATENs have no affect on which chassis are displayed in NCS. The list of chassis in NCS is controlled by a separate file, which is not bound to any DATENs.