Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical NCS Expert for dealer-programmable options?

Old 07-05-2018, 10:20 AM
serega12
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKo
I know this was posted more than two years ago, but this thread was brought back from the dead once before so...

You mentioned that you have BC1.C07 in your car. Mine is the same, so probably no chance for passenger window auto up. But on my BC1 trace I can't find the setting for low outside temp chime (AUSSENTEMP_WARN_AKUSTIK)... did you have it or how did you manage to turn it off?
Holy thread resurrection, batman! 🦇
If that's the controller you have - you most likely won't have that option, but go through each one and see what's available.

As for the chime - I don't recall, as it's already been years since I sold my mini cooper.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:59 AM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JKo
I know this was posted more than two years ago, but this thread was brought back from the dead once before so...

You mentioned that you have BC1.C07 in your car. Mine is the same, so probably no chance for passenger window auto up. But on my BC1 trace I can't find the setting for low outside temp chime (AUSSENTEMP_WARN_AKUSTIK)... did you have it or how did you manage to turn it off?
"AUSSENTEMP_WARN_AKUSTIK" is in the KMB module, not BC1.

The following users liked this post:
JKo (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 PM
JKo
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by claancy
"AUSSENTEMP_WARN_AKUSTIK" is in the KMB module, not BC1.
Thanks, found it and disabled it. Hopefully I won't find out if it worked before October.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:57 PM
blindguyinanorgy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JKo
How do you figure out which version of each module your mini has? Also which ECU (EWS KBM). I have a 2005 cooper s convertable.

Last edited by blindguyinanorgy; 10-10-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:29 AM
JKo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blindguyinanorgy
How do you figure out which version of each module your mini has? Also which ECU (EWS KBM). I have a 2005 cooper s convertable.
NCS Dummy has a feature that allows you to filter the modules by the trace file. That'll give you the correct module based on the trace file you have read from the car.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:34 AM
JKo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JKo
Thanks, found it and disabled it. Hopefully I won't find out if it worked before October.
Looks likemy prediction was correct... it wasn't until last Tuesday when we had 3°C here, and got no chime!

But the OBC display in the tacho still changes to temperature instead of whatever is on there when the temp goes down to 3°C. Is there any way to disable that? I have the factory satnav in my car, and the outside temp is always visible there...

Old 11-03-2018, 02:05 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKo
Looks likemy prediction was correct... it wasn't until last Tuesday when we had 3°C here, and got no chime!

But the OBC display in the tacho still changes to temperature instead of whatever is on there when the temp goes down to 3°C. Is there any way to disable that? I have the factory satnav in my car, and the outside temp is always visible there...
I haven't figured out how to get rid of that. Does the OBC switch from whatever to the temperature when it drops below 3*C, and stay at temperature? Mine will blink the temperature (no gong) for a few seconds, then go back to whatever setting I had it at. So it doesn't bother me so much...

Old 11-04-2018, 10:56 PM
minnimal
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread is amazing! I’ve had tons of fun personalizing my options such as comfort opening and closing, day time running lights, oil change interval and quite a few others. I do however have one question I have scoured ncs dummy as well as the site to try and find an answer to.

My 2006 r53 is an automatic, I disabled the auto locking at a certain speed, on every key, and set the speed variable to the highest speed. But when I put my key into the ignition and turn it to the on position, not the number 1 but the number 2 click. The doors automatically lock before I turn the car on or even shift the gear shift out of drive. Does anyone know where this setting is to turn off? I checked many of the other systems and can’t seem to find it anywhere.

The only thing i have discovered is if my door is open when I put the key in; the car will not lock automatically and everything is as I intend it to be; no idea why that’s the case either.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:09 AM
JKo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
I haven't figured out how to get rid of that. Does the OBC switch from whatever to the temperature when it drops below 3*C, and stay at temperature? Mine will blink the temperature (no gong) for a few seconds, then go back to whatever setting I had it at. So it doesn't bother me so much...
Yeah, mine keeps showing the temperature until I change it manually. Now that you mention it, I think it used to blink when the gong was set on. I need to go through the other temp warning settings... but my car is now garaged for the winter, so it'll take a while before I can try anything out.