Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Dead Center Stack -- again

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Herleman
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dead Center Stack -- again

For the second time in two years, my radio (optional upgrade type 2009 Justa) and the little computer readout in the center stack has gone on vacation. Nothing lights up at all. The giant speedo works as do the gas gauge and the lights on the speedo face. But everything under the speedo is dead. My first indication was when the iPhone said it couldn't connect.

This is the second time this has happened. The last time, about two years ago, I took everything apart to get to the fuse in the back of the radio. I did nothing except take it apart inspect it and put it back together. When I got it back together (think 4 million Torx screws in impossible locations) it worked perfectly. And it continued to work perfectly till last week.

Being two years older and not much wiser, I thought I'd ask the experts here if there is anything that you all have found that sounds at all like this? I hate the idea of taking everything apart again (remember, two years older, and I was already old).

Any advice or condolences? The Justa has nearly 80K on it now, and the radio is its only issue.