Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fishbert
When you open the door with the window up, it will dip slightly to get under the roof over hang... I wonder if this setting still pays attention to that and stops the roll-up a little early, or if your window will finish in the normal position and hit the roof overhang when you go to close it.
Actually when you will open you door and then closes it, ur windows goes a tiny bit down; then up when u close the door. it will always go up a bit more to get into that rubber part even if the window is rolling up and iam opening the door. the "mecanism" to get into that rubber part happens when the door hits that full close part.
(hope this is where ur query was going)

Originally Posted by fishbert
Also, when opening windows with the key fob, I believe mine tilted open first, then slid open if you continued to hold it (but I should probably double-check that this is correct).
Please let me know, iam still wondering

btw, didnt know if anyone noticed (or if its just me) but today I pressed the open roof to the fullest point for 1.5 fsecond (so actually way before the tilt open finishes) and I had the roof open full auto. Couldnt reproduce that when closing... So it can actually be one touch open and two touch close

Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did it!! My R60 has been coded! It is possible after all(even with my less that stellar computer skills and even less stellar instruction following skills)! Thanks to all that helped!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If anyone is overly concerned about the warranty you could just "default" the module back to normal before taking it in to the dealer. I would recommend doing that so you don't get any questions. Some dealers just void your warranty for the silliest things. Just easier to revert the settings then to deal with the aftermath. These settings will not show up on ISTA however, and would have to be seen by the techs. Also, when you get a complete reprogram all of your settings will revert back to default.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
I did it!! My R60 has been coded! It is possible after all(even with my less that stellar computer skills and even less stellar instruction following skills)! Thanks to all that helped!

Ooo Excellent!

For anyone that wants more value out their D-CAN cable you can search the Bimmerforum site for DIS v57. Run the install method described in the sticky post for installing GT1/DIS with CarSoft Cables. You just need to leave the cable specific stuff out. It requires the VMWARE and EasyDIS v44, then do an upgrade in EasyDIS to v57. DIS v57 is a year or so old so it doesn't have the absolute latest and greatest that ISTA now has, but you can't beat the price!

With DIS running you will have all of the diagnostic capabilities the dealer has, it runs you through troubleshooting steps as well. It also resets and reads codes (cleared my airbag light after taking out the seat). Works great on other BMWs as well. I just used for an E60 that had some vanos issues, it walked through where to use the multimeter to test different harnesses on where to pin point the issue.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 AM
jman311
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am planning on tackling this and want to verify I get the right cable. This one was mentioned earlier in the thread:

http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.a...ortsid=&sorts=

It says up through 2008 on the product page though. Can someone verify this is what I need for my '10 R56?

Old 03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Based on the specs that ecutools one should work fine as well! Don't worry about the 2008 reference.

Last edited by strobeyprobey; 03-10-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jman311
I am planning on tackling this and want to verify I get the right cable. This one was mentioned earlier in the thread:

It says up through 2008 on the product page though. Can someone verify this is what I need for my '10 R56?

That's what I'm using on my 2011 R60(Countryman)

Old 03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
I looked, I promise. Anybody know the module and setting for the legal disclaimer on Connected?

Old 03-09-2011, 12:32 PM
peeti
3rd Gear
Anybody know the module and setting for the legal disclaimer on Connected?
On a maxi (aka BMW car) its...

In the Control unit: Cappl (CCC)
look for:
LEGAL_DISCL
aktiv

change to:
LEGAL_DISCL
nicht_aktiv

Old 03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Thanks Peeti. I don't see Cappl in NCS Expert. I found the module I need in Dummy, it's CCC_APP.COA but I can't get that to line up with anything I am finding in Expert. I'm on V40 datens, do I need to roll back to V39 to talk to CAPPL?

Old 03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jman311

I bought mine for there too, worked like a charm on my R56, received it with a week.

I looked, I promise. Anybody know the module and setting for the legal disclaimer on Connected?
Created a sheet on Page 5 with modules we tried and are working ... the legal disclaimer is in it

Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
I found it. That's great! Can you start a new thread with that link and then we can ask for it to be stickied? I'm on V40 datens and I don't find a CCC or a CAPPL module in NCSExpert. Are you on V39? I'm done playing for today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Totally agree. Strobeyprobey started a great thread but we need do to a new one with in the first post the spreadsheet lol and then maybe instructions again
I ll try that later on today.
good to hear u got it work.
and unfortunately Iam running the v37 and dont have the nav ...

Quick Questions for you guys :

I have comfort opening/closing from remote for the windows and roof and auto sunroof.
so basically iam positive and before I modded anything, I was able to open windows and sunroof to the fullest from remote.
Now,when trying to do the same thing, the vent only tilt open and doesnt open more. Can you please try on urs and let me know

Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Mine only vented both before and after modding.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found it. That's great! Can you start a new thread with that link and then we can ask for it to be stickied? I'm on V40 datens and I don't find a CCC or a CAPPL module in NCSExpert. Are you on V39? I'm done playing for today. I'll try again tomorrow.
Please reply with the link to the V40 data files.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by onefish2
Please reply with the link to the V40 data files.
Doing so is probably a good way to get the thread locked.
I'd rather not see that happen.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
The remote opening & sunroof venting will operate JUST like if you put your metal key in the door and turn the key to the lock position and HOLD it. Try it out.

I modified the first post to include most of the information I had. There are still a few settings from the spreadsheet that I can add.

Last edited by strobeyprobey; 03-10-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Access granted.

Btw, this is also valid for R53 (and Clubmans etc) - they can do similar things, though I suspect some of the options might be slightly different, and some are likely the same.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:00 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
updated

Since there was no update for a while, I took the liberty to create two threads ... one called NCSExpert for beginners for ppl starting and one called NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself) for ppl who already understood the basic.
I didnt know you were going to update ur first post strobeyprobey, hope u dont mind then.
the second post was created with the spreadsheet already in it, and ppl can add on this one other findings.
cheers all

Old 03-20-2011, 06:41 PM
callahan00
5th Gear
Strobey,

I just watchd the vidoes on you first post. What programming do you do to get the dog to pop up?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
LOL!!!!!!!!! That's in the Z3 module called Schopfhund_versenkbare aktiv

Old 03-22-2011, 03:08 PM
peeti
3rd Gear
Hey all! Anyone come across the settings to enable one-touch up on windows on a convertible? We're disabled from the factory, not sure if it's a physical limitation due to the roof design, or a safety one because there is no pinch protection in the soft top itself. Either way, I'm a big boy enough to make sure that nothing is in the window opening when I close it - and trying to go through tolls/parking, shifting and raising a window sux!

I finally got my config working and will code this week, but am trying to find this last tidbit.

Cheers

Old 03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Originally Posted by peeti
Hey all! Anyone come across the settings to enable one-touch up on windows on a convertible? We're disabled from the factory, not sure if it's a physical limitation due to the roof design, or a safety one because there is no pinch protection in the soft top itself. Either way, I'm a big boy enough to make sure that nothing is in the window opening when I close it - and trying to go through tolls/parking, shifting and raising a window sux!

I finally got my config working and will code this week, but am trying to find this last tidbit.

Cheers
I know it's possible. It's in the CAS module' I'm 99% sure. Your best bet is either NCS Dummy with the translations turned on, or you can try this document I got from bimmerforums.com. It's a lot to go through but you might find it faster.

Attached Files
Old 03-24-2011, 07:15 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
The front windows are controlled by the FRM module. But I *think* the convert top is controlled by the SHD module. And the rear windows may also be controlled by the SHD. Sorry I don't have an R57 to look at. CAS usally just controls the key fob and security related stuff, but maybe the CAS is the module controls the rear windows.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
juchong
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice writeup guys! Finally got my cable in from China and got everything working! I'm running VMWare on my laptop (Windows 7 x64 host, XP x32 VM) and everything is working well! Just got a couple changes made on Liz, everything's working great!

Also, I went ahead and cleaned up the spreadsheet a bit and added one or two things. If anyone comes up with extra stuff to put on there, PLEASE do!! Great work everyone!!

Quick Reply: Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can