Go Back  North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Electrical
Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can >

Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can

Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can

  #101  
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Finally was able to do it !!! thanks to BBoshart who helped me figured some issues I had with the step by step from the bimmer site. Ill ask him if I can take the emails he sent me, and put a tread here of the steps he gave me.

Few questions to all of you who made mods to the system

*Does anyone know why you cant have the sunroof closes all at once ?since you could do the tilt down nich activ, why doesnt it work ?

*auto unlock the doors upon parking - have anyone facing the problem of just the drive side opening ?

*have anyone made other discovery on other mods that worked ?
i think so far, what has been discuses is the seat belt chime, auto door open on parking, auto sunroof, speed display always on, window closed from fob, auto climat without Ac on ... any other ?

ps: have any of u ever found how to mute the chime from the turning signals? or having the sports mode on automatically??
 
  #102  
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
fishbert
fishbert is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,164
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
*Does anyone know why you cant have the sunroof closes all at once ?since you could do the tilt down nich activ, why doesnt it work ?
Probably a limitation of the hardware opening mechanism.
Also, if you turn the ignition off, you have to hold the switch just like before.

Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
*auto unlock the doors upon parking - have anyone facing the problem of just the drive side opening ?
you have to hit the unlock button on your key twice to open both doors, don't you? check your owner's manual for how to change this; it's an option available in the normal car settings (like 1x or 3x lane change signals).

Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
* have anyone made other discovery on other mods that worked ?
i think so far, what has been discuses is the seat belt chime, auto door open on parking, auto sunroof, speed display always on, window closed from fob, auto climat without Ac on ... any other ?
you can also get rid of the "only use this when the vehicle is stopped and it's safe to do so" startup warning if you have the navigation system. might not have discussed it in here, though, as I think I'm the only one so far who has that option.

and I don't know if anyone's mentioned it in here (or if it even works on the MINI), but there's an option to auto-close your sunroof when it starts to rain (if you have the rain-sensing wiper option). but people who have tried this on BMWs complain that you can't get the sunroof open again until you shut the car off.
 
  #103  
Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
GeoffreyM
GeoffreyM is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NOLA
Posts: 502
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTECKO can you put up the link that you are talking about at Bimmerforums. I'm stuck. I have reinstalled the whole thing twice and anytime I start NCSExpert I go to a bluescreen error and the computer restarts. ANY help is greatly appreciated. And those emails would be fantastic!! PM if you need to.
 

Last edited by GeoffreyM; 03-02-2011 at 03:21 PM.
  #104  
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
Probably a limitation of the hardware opening mechanism.Also, if you turn the ignition off, you have to hold the switch just like before.
I have noticed that today ... I thought I had make a mistake during the coding. Good point you mentioned it so that ppl dont think they messed up and its not working.,


Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
you have to hit the unlock button on your key twice to open both doors, don't you? check your owner's manual for how to change this; it's an option available in the normal car settings (like 1x or 3x lane change signals).
Never thought of that, good point, thats what makes the change, I had my fob set up so that it open only my side when I press the unlock button



Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
and I don't know if anyone's mentioned it in here (or if it even works on the MINI), but there's an option to auto-close your sunroof when it starts to rain (if you have the rain-sensing wiper option). but people who have tried this on BMWs complain that you can't get the sunroof open again until you shut the car off.
Have you tried in on you Mini ?

never seen anyone having the sports button on automatically on startup ?
 
  #105  
Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM
BBoshart
BBoshart is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
and I don't know if anyone's mentioned it in here (or if it even works on the MINI), but there's an option to auto-close your sunroof when it starts to rain (if you have the rain-sensing wiper option). but people who have tried this on BMWs complain that you can't get the sunroof open again until you shut the car off.
I just tried making active both REGENSCHLIESSEN AND REGENSCHLIESSENTILT (close sunroof when auto wipers activate) and neither worked. I have auto wipers. I tried with my sunroof tilted open and full open, and it would not close when I turned on my auto wipers. I also sprinkled water on my sensor to activate my wipers and the roof still didn't close, so I don't think this feature works on the MINI. At least on my '08.

I did notice though that when I activated both these code it stopped my one-touch close from working. My one-touch open still worked though.
 
  #106  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 AM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hello all

Which module can you find DIG_SPEED_PERMANENT ?

really not cool that the closed sunroof when auto wipers turn on doesnt work ...thats a cool feature.
 
  #107  
Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM
jbourne
jbourne is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is probably the most "alive" thread on the subject right now:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145

Btw, REGENSCHLIESSEN / REGENSCHLIESSENTILT are actually pretty useless. I have them working on a different car (not a Mini), and essentially, it only works when it rains AND when the car is ON -- so if you are driving and it starts raining, it will auto-close; and it won't let you re-open it until you shut off the car and turn it back on. So it's not like you can leave your car with the sunroof open and it will close if it starts raining - and if you are not asleep, you will probably close the sunroof yourself. Not only that, but that action actually takes a few seconds to happen - you are MUCH more likely to close it by hand than wait.
 
  #108  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
fishbert
fishbert is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,164
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
Which module can you find DIG_SPEED_PERMANENT ?
KOMBI -- instrument cluster
 
  #109  
Old 03-03-2011, 07:22 PM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Fishbert, couldnt locate that one.


Jbourne, definitely would help anyone starting with ncs, I ll try to do a write up this weekend for the step I was given for my R56
Can you list what coding mod u did on ur mini ?
 

Last edited by GTECKO; 03-03-2011 at 07:43 PM.
  #110  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 AM
GeoffreyM
GeoffreyM is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NOLA
Posts: 502
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One new LapTop and a fresh install and it all is working, no more blue screen. I also got the V40 Daten files downloaded and unpacked. Anyone know what files need to be updated with the V40 files?

I choose the R56 chassis and get a "Fehler" or error saying (translated) Series Error, like the files aren't there.
 
  #111  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM
jbourne
jbourne is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
Jbourne, definitely would help anyone starting with ncs, I ll try to do a write up this weekend for the step I was given for my R56
Can you list what coding mod u did on ur mini ?
Hey,

So far I did the window and sunroof auto-closing. I've been mostly working on my BMW ... I figured once I crack that one, I'll just port over most of what I did to the Mini. Currently what I'm planning to do for the Mini:

- turn off the bloody DRLs (have driving lights only)
- turn off cold bulb check for driving lights or fog lights (I'm putting LEDs, so whichever one throws the error, i'll turn off the bulb check for it)
- maybe KOMFORT_EJECT (eject the key automatically, don't need to push it in and out - but it requires you to stop the engine with a longer press of the start/stop button, so in the end i'm not quite sure of the usefulness)
- turn off the "key in" dong, turn off the seatbelt dong

There's probably lots of other things we can try. The E90Post community has been extremely inventive in what they have found (someone even made his angel eyes turn on when he presses the BRAKE (!) ) - so there's lots to discover
 
  #112  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM
fishbert
fishbert is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,164
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
- maybe KOMFORT_EJECT (eject the key automatically, don't need to push it in and out - but it requires you to stop the engine with a longer press of the start/stop button, so in the end i'm not quite sure of the usefulness)
Don't think that one works in the MINI... but maybe in the BMW.
 
  #113  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 AM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Well I can tell you that turning off dong works for the seatbelt and door, when you do the one for the door(meaning key remain in the "ignition") it will reset some regional settings, basically your temperature,clock would reset.
I did the DRLs change (thanks to strobeyprobey) - you will find it in FRM
its called VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
so just replace drl_l with drl_tfl_off
so it will be online like some Us models and European ones.
However, just heads up, if you do that, you wont have the welcoming lights when you open the car, as you will the headlights OFF now.

Iam going to try the confort eject - I didnt see anyone trying it and saying it didnt work/work

What i would have liked to see too if the fog light on when you brake ...
 

Last edited by GTECKO; 03-07-2011 at 10:00 AM.
  #114  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 AM
BBoshart
BBoshart is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM View Post
One new LapTop and a fresh install and it all is working, no more blue screen. I also got the V40 Daten files downloaded and unpacked. Anyone know what files need to be updated with the V40 files?

I choose the R56 chassis and get a "Fehler" or error saying (translated) Series Error, like the files aren't there.
You should have a new R56 folder that was part of the updated V40 files. Replace the R56 folder in your NCSEXPER/DATEN folder. You might want to keep the older R56 just in case you need them. It was mentioned that the V40 files could cause problems communicating with the FRM.
 
  #115  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
jbourne
jbourne is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
Well I can tell you that turning off dong works for the seatbelt and door, when you do the one for the door(meaning key remain in the "ignition") it will reset some regional settings, basically your temperature,clock would reset.
I did the DRLs change (thanks to strobeyprobey) - you will find it in FRM
its called VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
so just replace drl_l with drl_tfl_off
so it will be online like some Us models and European ones.
However, just heads up, if you do that, you wont have the welcoming lights when you open the car, as you will the headlights OFF now.

Iam going to try the confort eject - I didnt see anyone trying it and saying it didnt work/work

What i would have liked to see too if the fog light on when you brake ...
Hmm interesting - you're saying welcome lights will not work when you disable DRLs? That's weird, why would that happen - those should be different settings?
 
  #116  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Well, if the *** is off, then only your blinkers will flash; nothing will be on.
if its on DRL(eyelids on) then they will be the welcoming light
if on headlights, it would like before and all lights would be "welcoming you"

however, having it on auto or headlight mode ON would be having it just like factory...making the mod less fulfilling - you would still be able to change the *** to OFF or drl only after you sitting in the car
 
  #117  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM
jbourne
jbourne is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
Well, if the *** is off, then only your blinkers will flash; nothing will be on.
if its on DRL(eyelids on) then they will be the welcoming light
if on headlights, it would like before and all lights would be "welcoming you"

however, having it on auto or headlight mode ON would be having it just like factory...making the mod less fulfilling - you would still be able to change the *** to OFF or drl only after you sitting in the car
ahh i gotcha - ya same thing as the BMW. i guess i should just change DRLs to be driving lights, rather than completely turning them off, and i'll be happy with that.
 
  #118  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Please let me know when you do and what you changed, I might like that idea better.

Just to update everyone, I just tried Komfort_eject and it doesnt work for my MCS 09; guess it might just not work with Mini

however I did find another one that worked for me, in CAS, TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT -opening doors will not interrupt window roll up operation - Normally if you do open a door while the windows are automatically rolling up,it will stop; this feature disable it.

*one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ...
 
  #119  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM
jbourne
jbourne is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice find on the window rollup - i hate the fact that it doesn't roll up usually.

Perhaps we should keep a spreadsheet for this. I'll start one... can someone keep a backup of it in case someone erases stuff accidentally?

[EDIT] Here's the spreadsheet link.
 

Last edited by jbourne; 03-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.
  #120  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
GTECKO's Avatar
GTECKO
GTECKO is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax - Canada
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ... why ? anyone who has auto sunroof and comfort access open/close try for me


Updated earlier guys, hope everyone enjoy

Here's the spreadsheet link.
 

Last edited by GTECKO; 03-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.
  #121  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
oonemesisoo's Avatar
oonemesisoo
oonemesisoo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cable ordered and I'm waiting for my MINI to arrive, I've read through most of these pages and either overlooked it or the question was never asked... Does doing any of this coding void the warranty? And if so how can they tell?
 
  #122  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
oonemesisoo's Avatar
oonemesisoo
oonemesisoo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ... why ? anyone who has auto sunroof and comfort access open/close try for me


Updated earlier guys, hope everyone enjoy

Here's the spreadsheet link.
I tried to view that spreadsheet but get the erro that i do not have permission to view it...
 
  #123  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
jbourne
jbourne is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go ahead and request permission - I've been granting it to everyone who asked.
 
  #124  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
fishbert
fishbert is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,164
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
however I did find another one that worked for me, in CAS, TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT -opening doors will not interrupt window roll up operation - Normally if you do open a door while the windows are automatically rolling up,it will stop; this feature disable it.

*one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ...
When you open the door with the window up, it will dip slightly to get under the roof over hang... I wonder if this setting still pays attention to that and stops the roll-up a little early, or if your window will finish in the normal position and hit the roof overhang when you go to close it.

Also, when opening windows with the key fob, I believe mine tilted open first, then slid open if you continued to hold it (but I should probably double-check that this is correct).


Originally Posted by oonemesisoo View Post
Does doing any of this coding void the warranty? And if so how can they tell?
In the U.S., federal law says warranty work cannot be denied due to modifications or after-market parts that are unrelated to the failure.

That said, ECUs in cars are mystical, magical boxes of wonder that nobody could possibly comprehend... so it's easy for a dealership to claim that it may have had something to do with some future warranty complaint. Probably wouldn't stand up in court; but getting to the lawyer phase of a warranty dispute means it's been a pretty painful journey already.
 
  #125  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
oonemesisoo's Avatar
oonemesisoo
oonemesisoo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
Go ahead and request permission - I've been granting it to everyone who asked.
Thanks, request submitted! and apparently before i could finish typing this it was granted!

Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
In the U.S., federal law says warranty work cannot be denied due to modifications or after-market parts that are unrelated to the failure.

That said, ECUs in cars are mystical, magical boxes of wonder that nobody could possibly comprehend... so it's easy for a dealership to claim that it may have had something to do with some future warranty complaint. Probably wouldn't stand up in court; but getting to the lawyer phase of a warranty dispute means it's been a pretty painful journey already.
Thats exactly what i was thinking!! Thanks for the reassurance! Now I just need to patiently wait for cable and car!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: