Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Theres a spreadsheet for all the codes
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-yourself.html

Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO
Theres a spreadsheet for all the codes
Yes but there is more than one way to disable the seatbelt chime - some of us aren't totally convinced that it is exclusive from the airbag and would rather not take the risk in an accident for the airbag not to deploy.

I've met the guys from Helix last summer when they had Lyle out and am curious which method they choose to use. Through our discussion they seemed to know what they were talking about regarding modifications - I don't know anything about how they do their software mods.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 AM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry I don't know which module they used. The sun was not in a good position for me to see exactly what was going on on the laptop. I did send an email to them requesting my backup tracefile. If they send that I'll inquire about the method. If that doesn't work, once I get my cable and up and running I"ll read the current trace and find out. Airbag disable would be bad!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Zero reason to worry about the airbags and the seat belt chime modifying the trace file.

However, I am pretty sure there is a better way to disable the airbag chime by adding a specific Vehicle Order code. There is a specific retrofit option called out.

I just haven't found time to try it yet.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:59 AM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Strobeyprobey,
That's good news about the airbag. Now, do you think it's is possible to enable Sport mode on startup?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheCheatOSX
Now, do you think it's is possible to enable Sport mode on startup?
I highly doubt it. Going the aftermarket module route is way to go at this time.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:46 AM
peeti
3rd Gear
Anyone have any luck with convertibles? Specifically window auto up, top one touch, etc?

I am not finding any info. Am going to try the sunroof options see if that works at least on the sunroof aspect of the convertible top, though I have low hopes.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:50 AM
NintenTom
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone with a 2011 MCS confirm if 2011 models need V41 datens in order to code the car or will any datens below like V38/v40 work as well?

Last edited by NintenTom; 05-13-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
pheatton
5th Gear
Forgive me for being ignorant but does the 2011 need to be programmed to remotely roll up the windows? It lets me roll them down with the the unlock button on the remote.

Also anyone local in Richmond VA that if needed can do this?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I'm not in Richmond but in Northern VA.

My understanding is that the ability to roll the windows back up and close the sunroof is a part of the comfort access so if you don't have that, you won't be able to without the tweak.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 PM
MiamiGuitarMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by peeti
Anyone have any luck with convertibles? Specifically window auto up, top one touch, etc?

I am not finding any info. Am going to try the sunroof options see if that works at least on the sunroof aspect of the convertible top, though I have low hopes.
Any updates? I think it would be immensely useful to be able to put the top up remotely. Much more useful than being able to lower it, imo.

I can picture many situations in which one might get out of the car, leave the top down, and it suddenly starts raining or something and it would be great to be able to put the top up from a distance.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
DUCTTAPE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
what's the value for the one-touch sunroof!
Do you have the cabling? Any chance of a Rockland Party.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
pheatton
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cmcveay
I'm not in Richmond but in Northern VA.

My understanding is that the ability to roll the windows back up and close the sunroof is a part of the comfort access so if you don't have that, you won't be able to without the tweak.
Yeah I messed with it last night and nada. Rolls down fine but not back up.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DUCTTAPE
Do you have the cabling? Any chance of a Rockland Party.
That's funny you say that as we are having a little get together this Saturday. Hit us up - ncscodingisfun@gmail.com

Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM
juchong
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm actually in town from Texas... I'll be in Jersey this weekend and head back to Virginia Beach next week. I also happen to have my cable with me!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
John Richard
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you tell me how to change a 2011 CMS from the default speed showing in the center of the tach to a user programmable mode?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
change DIG_SPEED_PERMANENT in the KOMBI module from activ to nicht_activ

Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John Richard
Can you tell me how to change a 2011 CMS from the default speed showing in the center of the tach to a user programmable mode?
All the codes are the spreadsheet you know

Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 PM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Ran across this bit of info in another forum while researching on how to get my DIS working. I'm so close! I got v44 running, now to update to v57. NCS Expert is running great! Thanks all!

Anyway, here is how to register a new battery through INPA. I've not tested it, just passing along the info.

If you have INPA working, then select the following to Register the new battery

1. Select BODY from the left hand pop-up menu
2. Select POWER MODULE in the right hand list
3. Select ACTIVATE from the next menu
4. Another menu comes up, which has ACTIVATE1 and ACTIVATE2.
5. Select ACTIVATE2 from the menu
6. Then select F7 - Register battery replacement

Almost instantly you get the message:
"Register battery replacement Activated properly."

Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
DIS v57 is very easy to upgrade to. Just need to mount the ISO and do the in-place upgrade within v44.

For DIS I found the battery replacement procedure as the following:

Control-Module Functions->Function selection->Service Functions->Body->Power Supply->Battery->Register Battery Replacement->Test Plan

Old 06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Thanks as always Strobeyprobey. You're blazed a fine path for us.

That will probably be the way to go since I have very few options in INPA. I wonder why that is. I'm running v5.02 of INPA. Other screenshots I've seen of INPA show tons of options running on BMW cars.

You are correct, the v57 upgrade was a snap, just very slow. Getting my cable to work was not easy at all! I've been working on it all day. It was a very nice day to be sitting in the MINI outside, so I can't complain too much. It was just frustrating to keep getting closer and closer and then run into another wall.

I finally had to revert my EDIABAS back to v6.4.7 to make it function. I was running v7.2.0 to eliminate the BEST errors with the v40 datens in NCS but I was getting a "Net-0002: Illegal Version" when I ran APITEST in DIS. Everything else was working and the diaghead seemed to be working but it would give errors when connecting to the car. I'm not sure if I just didn't upgrade EDIABAS correctly when I did it or if there is some other issue but reinstalling 6.4.7 fixed it. I just got done auto detecting the car! Now to learn DIS! I guess there is near zero chance of screwing something up in there at least (as compared to NCS). The "Quick Delete" option when trying to exit out was giving me some second thoughts...

I'm assuming it will do a re-initilize on the sunroof. I get that done about every two months it seems and my warranty has 1.5 months left.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:22 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Excellent! Make sure you are running the application Ifhsvr.exe (I bet I am remembering the exact letters wrong).

I am glad you got DIS 57 working, your current setup will work on E60s and E90s and a bunch of other models as well.

The sunroof reinitialization will not actually be in DIS (but will tell you how to do it!). It is done through the sunroof toggle switch. "With the sunroof fully closed, hold the sunroof close switch at the first detent for approximately 20 seconds. Continue to hold until the sunroof completes one full cycle."

Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 AM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Are you running EDIABAS v7.2.0 with DIS? If so I might try and reinstall it again. Yes, I know to run the ifhsvr.exe (or whatever it is). I was running the BMW DiagHead Emulator app too but I just read a doc that shows how to change the "translator" and another setting to eliminate the need to run that. I'll have to test it out.

I just installed the TIS too. This stuff is just too cool. Wish I had a newer version, this is from 2007 I believe.

Thanks for the tip on the sunroof. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that so far this summer it has not jammed. Maybe the 7th "fix" at the dealership was the charm.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
I think I am running the older version EDIABAS. And I don't use the DiagHead emulator either. Not sure exactly what I did to get that setup.

TIS is very handy for doing service, like removing the interior because it tells you the order in which to do things. The only way to get a current version of TIS is subscribe to minitechinfo.com.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM
teebo7
3rd Gear
i asked strobey the same question and wanted to see if anyone else had some help. 2011 R56... ran through the install manual. Get to NcS expert load Revtor, then F1 then F3 select R56/ CAS press ok and get error "Following feature is invalid for FA:#1110" anyone can help with this??
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can