Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Dallas group pulley install

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 08:05 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, so this may be the last one since I'm rapidly running out of dates during the summer! We are organizing a group pulley install using McKinney's shop. There will be a bar-b-Q and general social fun stuff, as well as pulley installs.

The price for the pulley and labor - done out the door, is $400.

The dates for this event are June 20th (Friday) through the 22nd. Give me a call to put your name on the list and give me a preference for which day. It looks like this one may fill up fast!

Thanks to McKinney for stting this one up and twisting my arm to get down to the Lone Star State!

Randy
720-841-1002

Old 04-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet - Randy we look forward to seeing you down here in the great lone star state - I better start counting my pennies....ANY ONE NEED A ROOF GRAPHIC????

Old 04-22-2003, 08:30 PM
invaliduser
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Randy,

Check your pm.
I might make the trip from Baton Rouge.

Old 04-22-2003, 08:46 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Randy, why don't we open this up to OK, LA, NM, AZ states? Just a thought!

Seeing as though this is your last 2003 gig, we need to make this rock! What CDs do you like while we make these MINIs rock?

Graham

Old 04-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Zappa
5th Gear
Hey! I'll be there too with all my stuff and some type of prize giveaway!
Ches

Old 04-23-2003, 08:29 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
>>Randy, why don't we open this up to OK, LA, NM, AZ states? Just a thought!
>>
>>Seeing as though this is your last 2003 gig, we need to make this rock! What CDs do you like while we make these MINIs rock?
>>
>>Graham

Absolutely! Anyone that wants to make the trip is welcome!

I see Led Zepplin, Cake, Paul Okenfold, Blur, The Strokes, even some Lynard Skynard!

Awesome Ches! I'll bring some new T-shirts too.

All three of the installs looks like they may turn into quite the parties!

Randy

Old 04-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
I'm working on putting together some package deals on Roof Graphics, Sunroof Covers, and the Invinca-Shield Clear Bra all to be installed this same day. Hopefully this will draw in some more people.

Thanks to Graham for opening up more space for us!

matt@cooperflags.com

Old 04-24-2003, 10:56 AM
MG-BGT
5th Gear
>>OK, so this may be the last one since I'm rapidly running out of dates during the summer! We are organizing a group pulley install using McKinney's shop. There will be a bar-b-Q and general social fun stuff, as well as pulley installs.
>>
>>The price for the pulley and labor - done out the door, is $400.
>>
>>The dates for this event are June 20th (Friday) through the 22nd. Give me a call to put your name on the list and give me a preference for which day. It looks like this one may fill up fast!
>>
>>Thanks to McKinney for stting this one up and twisting my arm to get down to the Lone Star State!
>>
>>Randy
>>720-841-1002

Randy,
is this the pulley that is bolted onto the base, which is shrunk onto the shaft?
That is, can the pulley later be changed to another diameter without having to pull the whole thing off again, ior is this the solid one piece pulley?
TIA,
I am not sure if I'm ready for the upgrade, but if I'm back in TX by then I might swing by just for the fun.
Markus

Old 04-24-2003, 10:57 AM
MG-BGT
5th Gear
>>I'm working on putting together some package deals on Roof Graphics, Sunroof Covers, and the Invinca-Shield Clear Bra all to be installed this same day. Hopefully this will draw in some more people.
>>
>>Thanks to Graham for opening up more space for us!
>>
>>matt@cooperflags.com

If I can make it and won't have a clear bra by then I will get it then.
Markus

Old 04-24-2003, 03:39 PM
DWrath
1st Gear
Hey Randy
I've been reading your posts at minicooperonline. I really enjoy the mods you guys are doing and have learned quite a bit just reading the posts. My Mini S isn't due to arrive at my dealership until end of May or early June. I'm a bit hesitant about putting a pulley on right out of the box, though I'm sure I will eventually. Will the guys at McKinnney be doing future pulley installs after learning from the master? Also, how easy is it to pull off the new pulley and put the old one on, just in case...
Motor on
DWrath

Old 04-24-2003, 11:03 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
I'm the owner of the facility that Randy will use in Dallas to do these upgrades. My whole thing I've got to admit is I'm totally obsessed with this car. My car was stock for about two nanoseconds because I already had the intake on the shelf and the exhaust on order before the dealership even got the car. And, it has not stopped! Ask Randy. I talk to Randy all the time and finally convinced him to do this Group Install.

To answer your question, yes absolutely we will be doing pulley upgrades after Randy leaves, We're already experts on all the suspension mods and can do custom alignments. Whoops! better stop now before I get too marketing oriented!

For me, this car is a true obsession. If there is anything I can do to enhance your enjoyment then I'm here. Let's motor on!

Graham

Old 04-25-2003, 05:33 AM
DWrath
1st Gear
Thanks Graham, good to know there is a shop here in Big D able and even excited about doing Mini mods. I'm sure I'll be in touch in the not too distanct future. Where exactly is your shop? McKinney, Lewisville, ...?
Motor on
DWrath

Old 04-25-2003, 05:48 AM
track-toy
4th Gear
DWrath, we are at 510 Edmonds Lane in Lewisville, TX.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:06 AM
mvalant
1st Gear
I live in Dallas, so this would be perfect for me, except that my car is still on order! The order is supposed to go to the factory at the beginning of May, but somehow I doubt my car will show up by June 20. I'd hate to deny someone the spot on the list if I don't even have a car when the time comes! Still, I'd love to stop by and see what's going on... and of course to see how the pulley installation actually works.

Old 04-25-2003, 12:11 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
mvalent, you would be very welcome, but I truly hope you get your MINI in time. I can't stand to be without mine for a solitary second so I know what you are going through with the wait. Why don't you hang with us DFW folks at http://www.metroplexmini.org or .com, we have both addresses. Bunches of great MINI people!

Graham

Old 04-25-2003, 01:31 PM
coopercar
Neutral
HEY EVERBODY! i'm new here - jusst spec'd out new 's' (ANYBODY WANT TO BUY A 94 NSX WITH 32k? BEAUTIFUL - 100%) and i've read a bunch of stuff on the cooper - can't wait to get my hands on it...anyway, with all the good aftermarket stuff out there can anybody help with performance mods...in order: what the heck should I do first and what parts/suppliers should i deal with (pulley, rear bar, exhaust, intakes,etc...)

any help would be much appreciated by this cooper rookie from VA
THANKS

Old 04-26-2003, 09:41 AM
GB_Junkie
2nd Gear
Wow...sounds like a great idea Randy. I am in Amarillo, TX and would gladly make the 5 hour trip to the Dallas area. It would be cool to meet other Mini enthusiasts. In Amarillo I have only seen one yellow Cooper S, if I see him/her around...i'll make sure to pass the word.

just a warning...you're talking to a 18 year old

2003 Mini Cooper S (Dark Silver/Lapis blue, packages 1,2,3, HK)-anyday now!!!

1995 Land Rover Discovery (for sale)

Old 04-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Ethos
2nd Gear
How long does it take to do the pulley swap? I'd be driving from Houston, which is about 3 hours away.

Old 04-26-2003, 09:37 PM
mvalant
1st Gear
Graham, I'll head over to metroplexmini.org and check it out - thanks for the heads-up! I'll plan to come on out to the pulley install too, with or with out a MINI.

Old 04-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Knuckle_Sandwich
1st Gear
Sounds like a deal to me. Now I just have to come up with some $$$. Hope to see you guys in June.

Old 04-27-2003, 03:18 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Knuckle Sandwich,

If you would like to do the install, let me know so I can slot you into place. We have a limit of 20 cars, so a reservation is sorta helpful.

Ethos,

My parents are there in The Woodlands! The install takes about an hour and a half, so you could be back the same day no problem. Again, let me know what day works for you the best.

Randy

Old 04-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Knuckle_Sandwich
1st Gear

Count me in. Left you a voicemail on the number in the first post. I'll be driving up from Austin. Hopefully we can work it in on Saturday.

Thanks!,
RW

Old 04-28-2003, 04:47 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Randy, is there a chance that we might be ready to do ECU flashes that incorporate pulley a/f adjustments that same weekend? I'm starting to get a lot of questions about this on the local forum.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:19 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Dallas installs will have the option of doing the ECU upgrade the same weekend. As of now, there are also few enough installs that we will be able to do other mods at the same time - intake, exhaust , etc. That may change as the event fills though.

At a minimum, the available mods for the pulley parties will be the ECU, pulley and intake.

The dates are now setin stone as well - I have had some questions regarding that. The dates are June 20, 21, 22nd.

Call or send an e-mail to get on the list with your e-mail and phone info.

Randy
720-841-1002
randy@mini-motorsport.com

Old 04-29-2003, 11:10 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Randy, I'm starting to get bombarded with questions on our local forum about pulley/ECU upgrades.When we do the Dallas pulley upgrades (which really includes anyone who wants to drive to Dallas), what is available ECU-wise? This stuff is so new that we need to lay it out on the table.That way people can choose a package that makes sense for them. Don't you think?

OK. What do y'all want? That basically boils down to what mods you have and mapping to that. As far as I know the capability is there to do that to a greater or lesser extent. Am I right Randy?

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Dallas group pulley install