Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Is the turner motorsport intake the same as the mini madness

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 10:54 PM
bmarvin81
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just noticed that the turner motorsport intake (www.turnermotorsport.com) looks exactly the same as the mini madness intake and has the same stats and price. Can anyone confirm if it is of the same quality as the mini madness one. I have an order for a mini madness intake but they are out of stock and I am about to leave for a 1500 mile roadtrip and I would love to have it before I go. Thanks for the help

Blake

Old 01-02-2003, 04:31 AM
SMKKVK
4th Gear
... I have an order for a mini madness intake but they are out of stock ...

-------------

Try Rogue Engineering as its MINI air intake is the same as from MINI-Madness.

Here's the link to their installation guide (pdf.file): https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...pic=4366&7

Good Luck!

Old 01-02-2003, 05:26 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
Turner Motorsport Intake $249.95

MINI-Madness Intake $239.00

They are a similar design, yes. Noticed two things looking at the Turner one though. First, it's powder coated black vs the stainless steel Madness version. Black absorbs more heat than silver metal, so this could lead to more heatsink. Just a thought. Second, the Turner appears to have a kink on the left wall of the intake shield. My Madness intake intake rubber seal on top is not kinked like this, nor is it in the picture above. I believe the Turner variety has a slightly higher left wall on the intake shield that causes the rubber seal to kink as it meets the underside of the bonnet. Honestly don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Could mean a better seal, could mean it's kinking and forming a "hole".

Just observations.

R

Old 01-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Casey
5th Gear
>>Turner Motorsport Intake $249.95
>>
>>
>>MINI-Madness Intake $239.00
>>
>>
>>They are a similar design, yes. Noticed two things looking at the Turner one though. First, it's powder coated black vs the stainless steel Madness version. Black absorbs more heat than silver metal, so this could lead to more heatsink. Just a thought. Second, the Turner appears to have a kink on the left wall of the intake shield. My Madness intake intake rubber seal on top is not kinked like this, nor is it in the picture above. I believe the Turner variety has a slightly higher left wall on the intake shield that causes the rubber seal to kink as it meets the underside of the bonnet. Honestly don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Could mean a better seal, could mean it's kinking and forming a "hole".
>>
>>Just observations.
>>
>>R
>>

Rogue Engineering/MINI-Madness sells both a stainless version and powder coated so that isn't a difference. Additionally if you look at the rogue pictures you will see the kink as well and this later was cut and removed. To me they look exactly the same.

Old 01-02-2003, 07:20 AM
bmarvin81
3rd Gear
thanks for all the info. just ordered one from Rogue this morning. you all are life savers. Can't wait.

Blake

Old 01-02-2003, 08:02 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blake,

They are the same. I only carry the bare metal heat shield for heat dissipation issues, but if anyone wanted the black, I could get it.

Ouch - you ordered it. OK, just let me know if I could do anything else for you. I still appreciate the opportunity to share the info with you.

Randy
randy@mini-motorsport

Old 01-02-2003, 12:09 PM
bmarvin81
3rd Gear
doh! sorry randy, I keep forgetting you are a distributer now. note to self: kick self in the ***. oh well, there will be plenty of tuning ops for my new mini. Can't wait to get my magnaflow and intake in. Man it is going to be sick!

Blake

Old 01-02-2003, 12:20 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No problem Blake! I'm just glad you took care of it (the kicking yourself in the *** part ).

That set-up is sick. I have the Piprcross intake and the Magnaflow, with the newest MINI-Motorsport airbox mod (see other thread in this forum) and the car is a screamer. I plan to go to the Madness/Rogue/Turner intake after the test phase of the Pipercross.

Here is my contact info for future reference:

MINI-Motorsport
randy@mini-motorsport.com
720-841-1002

http://www.mini-motorsport.com - coming very soon!

Thanks again, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Randy

Old 01-02-2003, 10:37 PM
WorldChallenge#7
2nd Gear
My TMS intake has a small kink, but not anywhere near as bad as the one in the photo.