Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.

This thread is an attempt to consolidate the 8 that are currently going. It is well understood that there are some issues happening between the gentlemen at Riss Racing. Below is a post from each of them. All other threads regarding the changes at Riss Racing and the past group buys have been closed. Please use this thread from here on out as a means of exchanging information. I will try to keep it up to date with current working contact info, etc, as it arises.

The locked threads are:
Riss Racing BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Major discounts!
NEW! Riss Racing Oil Catch Can R56!
Riss Racing 02 Simulator (downpipe CEL fix)
Riss Racing R56 BOV - Stage 1 & Stage 2 Group buy!!!
Riss Racing R56 MINI Exhaust! Group buy!!!
Riss Racing Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy! AMAZING PRICES!
Message from Adam@Riss Racing
Riss Racing Inc In trouble please read

Here is Riss Racing's website.

Phone number is: (714) 850-0139

Email addresses listed are:
sales@rissracing.com
billing@rissracing.com
shipping@rissracing.com
adam@rissracing.com

NAM Member IDs:
Adam - Riss Racing & Adam@RissRacing
Anthony - anthony9g
Daniel - DanielTech

Hopefully all of this info will help you guys chase down your orders and/or refunds. In addition, the letter from each of the folks at Riss Racing has been included in this thread below.

PLEASE do not begin a new thread about this issue! Let's try and keep all of the information consolidated here.

Letter from Adam:

Hi guys,

This is Adam w/ Riss. I wanted to inform everybody that Anthony and Daniel are no longer with Riss Racing. I am trying to resolve all issues myself in the meantime. I ask you guys to please be patient with me as I will make sure all orders get out or are refunded once funds are back into the acct. Currently, I'm going to try to tackle each of the following one by one.

1. All pending orders shipped. This week, I'll try to handle all of these orders personally. If you've ordered in the last week, the product will go out. I'm printing all labels and going to have the systems boxed and ready to ship hopefully by Friday. Orders going out inc. exhaust, downpipes, catch cans and BOV kits.

2. R56 o2 sim. There is no lie, the sim works 100% and is adapted on our test car. We were supposed to build the units in house and have the material but many of the circuit boards are not put together. Again, these work 100% but we will need more time to get the systems completed. I can assure you, we will reduce the price of the units and discount cost for the delay.

3. Emails/Vmails. Please send emails directly to adam@rissracing.com. For some reason, I cannot post in the commercial section although we are a paying vendor. I'll notify the moderators on this. If you email adam@riss I should be able to assist you one by one but I will need time to sift through all the emails.

Again, this information is not to scare anybody of getting scammed out of their product/money. For the last 4 years, we've never left any customer high and dry. We've always been able to send product out and refund when we needed to. I do understand many people are going to be very apprehensive of ordering through us, but if you email adam@riss of specifics you are interested in, I can check stock of the product for you and have them shipped. Currently we have about 20 catch cans and about 3 exhausts left to ship. There are roughly 5 more downpipes that can be shipped as well. Please accept my apology for any delay of getting back to you guys on the forums. I can assure you, I'm working day and night trying to resolve all our backorders and pending orders one by one. This community has been, by far the most interactive we've ever seen. I personally am happy that I've made friends through this forum and hope to establish a long term relationship with everyone. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me and I'll get back to you guys. If someone can relay this message over to the other threads, that would be wonderful. Thank you guys for your support, patience, business, and understanding.

Sincerely,

Adam
Letter from Anthony:

To the community,

This is Anthony Co-Owner of Riss Racing Inc. I would first like to explain the situation and what has transpired over that last two weeks. Adam came to me and explain how he would like to transfer his part of the company over to me and go his separate way. To start his own business. This was agreed, and I decided to re invent the company by cleaning up the issues at hand. I was going to take on an investor and salvage the situation we were in. All of our products had fitment issues/drone issues that needed to be fixed and they have not been fixed. Adam stated he would stay on with the company through the end of the year. During this time he continued to undermined what I was trying to do. Steer quality employees in the wrong direction, and basically set me up to fail. Since I did not have full control yet I waited to see what he would do. His plans did not work out and due to his personal finical troubles I assume he figured his only way out was through Riss. He then returned to the company saying he wanted to take it over etc.... I was not willing to sign my end of the company over to him due to the fact I do not think he would be able to preform the job at hand. He has zero fabrication background, zero automotive background, and no ability to sustain the business by himself. He then locked me out of access to all order through google, paypal, authorize, and shipping. He also locked me out of all my forum names + personal email to avoid me informing you all like I am now. All of these were in his name. I had no choice but to sit back and I have done so since then. He then issued an email to our vendors stating I left this company which is not true. I am not willing to work along side somebody that is self destructing, and with that fact myself, Daniel, and Tony have not been to work since the shop is in his name. I understand this is not a PC smoke screen response you would all be used too from the owner of a company. However I feel the truth to the community is necessary. I know there are many outstanding orders that need to be fulfilled, and I want to let you all know I have no control of that. You will need to contact adam@rissracing.com. The fact of the matter is myself, Daniel the lead tech, and Tony the lead fabricator have no access. With this said there is no way to build products. All produts that are manufactured in China downpipes, exhausts, catch cans, catted downpipes. Most are not paid, and have no way of being shipped out. I strongly urge you to request refunds or cancel your orders while this situation is being resolved. I do not feel right leaving you guys in limbo as we settle the issues at hand. I do not know if Adam plans to ship these too you or what he is doing. He is right now a one man operation that was already to much work for us 4. In regards to anybody the MINI 02 SIM the programmer is moving to Oregon and it is not possible to finish this product. The MINI BOV does not function properly as well while I was there we still did not have that issue sorted out. If you ordered catted downpipes they are not even in production yet. I do not feel comfortable knowing that my name is attached to something I have no control of. So I feel the best thing I can do for the community is tell you the full situation. I feel that somebody that is willing to do this to his close friend/business partner, and employees that have been loyal to us for 3 years + I have no idea what he would be willing to do to our customers. I am very upset that things turned out this way. I have made many relationships with people in this community and I still value them. I highly suggest you no longer do business with Riss Racing Inc. I feel the company is heading in a direction of disaster. I thank you all for your support, and wish you all a happy holiday season.
Letter from Daniel:

Hi All
It is unfortunate that I must introduce myself under these circumstances, but I am the former lead tech over at Riss Racing. Just would like to warn you in continuing business with Riss Racing. Adam, co-owner, is continuing fraudulent business by locking Anthony, founder, out of the company and transferring all business funds to his personal account. I know that several orders will not be able to make it out nor does Adam intend on getting them out since they are not in stock and not being manufactured. I left the company two weeks ago when Adam stated that he was resigning and signing the company over to Anthony. We planned to move forward until Adam's side plans fell through and he refused to sign over his portion of the company till the end of the year.
Anthony's plans to reinvent the company were put on hold since he did not want to invest in the company till it was fully in his name. Adam is continuing to undermine their original business decision in order to sustain his personal finance and has no intention on fulfilling the orders placed nor does he have the funds to do so. I believe after the most recent actions of Adam that I must make this information public to protect the community from past and future business with Riss Racing/Adam Rho.
Regards
Daniel

Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did get a response today from my emails to Adam. He did indicate that he will be processing refunds and that I should expect it towards the end of this week.

A response is progress for me. I will keep everyone updated as the week goes on.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:05 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hopefully the company can rebuild and start manufacturing the quality products they originally had lined up.

Good luck to RR.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No response from Adam yet, I am trying to be patient, but it is not so easy as it has been over 6 months now.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
So far, I have received notification of a $50.00 refund to my credit card. This is the difference between the Stage II BOV and the Stage I BOV.

I received an email from Adam stating he would have my Stage I BOV shipped sometime this week. On the refund notification, there is a FedEx shipping number that only states FedEx has initiated some type of shipping order, not that the item has shipped.

Wondering if I should cut my losses and request a refund....

Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
cooperS2000
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i finally got my refund. ill never deal with riss racing again.

im glad i canceled, why would i want a product from a company that has an uncertain future? who knows whats going to happen after all this!? will they stand behind their stuff months from now? id rather not take a chance.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 AM
ENGINE 58
5th Gear
im shipping my stage one bov back today. i will be paying the extra for second day air. i want a refund for that unit and a refund for the catch can i bought during the black friday sale. i bought that before the company exploded. i just want my money back riss. when you have the company running the way it should i might consider purchasing again. but to save face i need a refund.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:54 AM
empire0007
2nd Gear
i stopped by the shop yesterday and they were closed. I will stop by again today and see if i can get a hold of them.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
empire0007
2nd Gear
Note, i had paid for the BOV back in 09/09/09 and at that time, i was promissed that i will get the sim issue fixed in a week or so. Then i got the exahust from them, as they indicated to me it would be a quitter sound. Well we all know, the sound is loud and especially in the cabin as i had mentioned to them, don't want that. Next the paid on the exhaust came out in day two.

At this time, i am going to take it off and return it to them. They are nice people, but they need to get organized and get things in order. I have put more of my time then money being down there.

I will let you guys know if they were open today or not

Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 AM
parisinfire
2nd Gear
I emailed adam but no response for my $300 02 sim. I want my refund!!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ENGINE 58
im shipping my stage one bov back today. i will be paying the extra for second day air. i want a refund for that unit and a refund for the catch can i bought during the black friday sale. i bought that before the company exploded. i just want my money back riss. when you have the company running the way it should i might consider purchasing again. but to save face i need a refund.
At least you're still safe within the 60-90 day claim policy that google checkout & CC companies have

Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
uggbird
1st Gear
has anyone installed the bov? if so does it work?
I installed mine since I couldn't get them to cancel and was afraid
if i sent it back i would never see the money. I have adjusted it
through the whole range and it never opens.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
uggbird,

Stage I or Stage II?? Have you tried contacting Anthony?

I initially ordered the Stage II on July 25, 2009.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
uggbird
1st Gear
mini bo
stage 1 is all they shipped according to Adam Stage 11 did not work out.
I also ordered a stage 11, I was led to believe Anthony is no longer there
and Adam does not return emails at least not for me.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Adam@RissRacing
Former Vendor
Hi guys,

I'm here! Sorry for the confusion as I was not able to log on for a few days. I do want to assure everybody, you will have your order/refund taken care of in a timely manner. Please bear with me during these changes that are being made as I will take care of everybody that has given their business to Riss Racing.

I will also post another message on the website as well. I am in and out of the shop for now so I apologize for not getting in contact with everybody on the phone. If you send an email to adam@rissracing.com, I'll get back to you as soon as possible. There has been some restructuring in the company, but it was to make the full changes of having all parts IN STOCK, functioning perfectly, and ready to ship when ordered. The issues people were having with Riss Racing are the EXACT reasons for the changes in the company. All I'm asking is for you guys to give me more than a week to show you the changes before making your final judgement of how the company is operating. There are so many positive things in the works right now and you guys will get a chance to see everything. I have not disappeared and have absolutely no desire to leave you guys in limbo. Again, please bear with me for the next couple weeks and I'll make sure everybody is taken care of. I will not get a chance to sign onto NAM too often but please email me and I"ll do my best to get back to you immediately.

Adam Rho

Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 AM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Riss Racing Recovery

I was in the shop with Adam yesterday for a few hours. All indications are that Adam fully intends to take care of his customers, recover and continue forward. All the fabrication jigs were in the shop. Some patience may be necessary, and yes, I know we've all been patient for months. Adam just can't do this in a single day.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All i need is some gaskets so i can install my exhaust. Its been propped against the wall for 2 weeks now. I'm in Spain so the fix isnt just so easy as a trip to Pep Boys or what not. I'll be patient though, i have no choice in the matter.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 PM
tmo8462
4th Gear
Originally Posted by J_'09s
All i need is some gaskets so i can install my exhaust. Its been propped against the wall for 2 weeks now. I'm in Spain so the fix isnt just so easy as a trip to Pep Boys or what not. I'll be patient though, i have no choice in the matter.
J's_09s, that exhaust looks nice propped up against your wall, just thought i would say so lol. Looking forward to helping you put it in though. Hope we can figure something out to use for gaskets!

Old 12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Adam says the gaskets are on their way to Spain.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great thanks MINIutia!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
anthony9g
Neutral
Both the stage 2 and stage 1 bovs were not working correctly. This issue was not sorted out. The stage 1 will "kind of work" still has issues. For more detailed explanation I suggest emailing dmrinstallation@live.com Daniel can explain further since he did the testing.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
I can attest that they don't work. Adam tells me he is sourcing a newer version.
Anthony, can you explain why the Stage I and II BOVs you installed on my car and used in the videos worked, but when I picked up my car from you and Daniel, neither worked?
Daniel said then that he was surprised and didn't know why there was a problem. I'm perplexed about what changed and would like to solve this. Daniel and I spoke a few days later (about two months ago now) and he said you had a solution for the issue.
My examination of the valves indicate that both lack a diaphragm or o-rings on the vacuum side and a hardened tapered seat on the pressure side. They only have a loose (un-sealed) brass slug moving in the aluminum housing. Not a proper design to begin with.

Last edited by MINIutia; 12-15-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 AM
redduc
3rd Gear
Sent Adam an email. I suspect the refund for my catch can is going to be awhile Should have gone with M7.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:42 PM
vjaramillo
2nd Gear
I responded to Adam regarding sending my system back for refund but when I haven't received any response. I guess I'm out of luck since I had yhr system installed. Now it's just sitting in my garage collecting dust. Anyone want to but it?

Vince

Old 12-20-2009, 03:30 AM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
Adam,

I HAVE received the $50 refund to my credit card on Dec 7, 2009; the difference between the Stage II and Stage I.

Emailed and PM'd you about 10 days-2 weeks ago requesting a full refund for the BOV, less the $50 already refunded.

Any idea when/if this request will be honored?

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.