R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Horizon Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horizon Blue Owners Club

I just ordered my Horizon Blue S the other day. I hope the color come out as good as it looks on the screen. Has any one taken delevery of a HB MINI yet? Here is mine from the configurator.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
ChrisTKD
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see one on the lot before placing an order. The paint swatch they had the dealer looked a bit too gray for my taste. But, you can't really tell unless you can see it on the entire car.

IMO - the white roof will be the way to go with Horizon Blue.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:45 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I like that color, must be brand new. I like Oxygen Blue too, but they don't make it in the MCS (at least they didn't when I bought). Nice wheels, dude! (you don't see a lot of those). You gotta hand it to Mini for colors. They come up with really good ones that are just a tiny big different than anyone else's.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Nice wheels, dude! (you don't see a lot of those).
It's funny I had been looking at SS as a color and had came accross a picture of you car with the flame spokes and thought they look great, real big and muscular. It kind of got me thinking about them for my car. I knew I wanted the look of big wheels and the flames spokes to me look big like they could be 18's. Any way every one else has crown and web spokes. (My wife said she could not tell the difference and to get the free 16's but she was nice to let me get what I wanted.) I saw them in real life on a SS MINI at the airport and had to have them. Yes Horizon Blue is a new one to replace Lighting Blue.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Flyinace2000
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I want to order Horizon Blue as well but was hoping to see it before i put a deposit.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Originally Posted by ChrisTKD
I'd like to see one on the lot before placing an order. The paint swatch they had the dealer looked a bit too gray for my taste. But, you can't really tell unless you can see it on the entire car.

IMO - the white roof will be the way to go with Horizon Blue.
Agreed on both points. It does look a little too gray. Of course I didn't think I'd enjoy Laser Blue as much as I have. It's amazing what seeing it in person will do to your outlook.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:30 PM
ParkerC
Neutral
I have a Horizon blue/ White on order. I wasn't crazy about any of the colors on the lot, so I took a chance with the new color. I've given up searching for pics, it will just make it that much more of a surprise when I see it for the first time!

Heres my build...

2009 MCS
Horizon blue/ White
Stock black/grey seats/Checkerboard trim
S-Winders
Premium Pkg
DTC
MFSW
Ipod/Bluetooth
Zenon
Rear fogs

Old 02-16-2009, 08:34 PM
rellik666
1st Gear
Have a look here..

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-medi...reviews-3.html

It is very much lighter that the original poster's picture suggests!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rellik666
Have a look here..

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-medi...reviews-3.html

It is very much lighter that the original poster's picture suggests!
look good to me. I guess is should since I have allready placed the order. I took the paint example outside the dealer and put it next to a space blue car that was in for service and the paint sample looked almost exactly like space blue which I loved. So I cant wait to see my car.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
Looks good to me. I guess it should since I have already placed the order. I took the paint example outside the dealer and put it next to a Space Blue car that was in for service and the paint sample looked almost exactly like Space Blue, which I loved. So I can't wait to see my car.
That's interesting to note. I read the thread on Horizon Blue (via mini2 link) and one of the posters stated that the new Horizon Blue (HZB) resembles a darker shade of Cool Blue and after looking at the pics of the Cabrio shown in the thread, I have to concur that it looks like Cool Blue.

From what I remember Cool Blue is kind of a blue-gray color and not as dark and blue as Space Blue. Can the paint samples be that flawed or did I make a mistake while reading the thread?

Can anyone add to or solve this mystery...

Last edited by Sabre; 02-24-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Sabre
That's interesting to note. I read the thread on Horizon Blue (via mini2 link) and one of the posters stated that the new HB resembles a darker shade of Cool Blue and after looking at the pics of the Cabrio shown in the thread, I have to concur that it looks like Cool Blue.

From what I remember Cool Blue is kind of a blue-gray color and not as dark and blue as Space Blue. Can the paint samples be that flawed or did I make a mistake while reading the thread?

Can anyone add to or solve this mystery...
I would say the sample at the dealer looked more dark blue like the owners lounge picture vs gray blue like the cabrio photo link on this thread. Is the sample wrong or does it photograph different that it looks? I was going to get mellow yellow based on the pictures I had looked at but when I saw it for real it did not look the same. Don't think I will know for sure till the car comes in.

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 02-17-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
I would say the sample at the dealer looked more dark blue like the owners lounge picture vs gray blue like the cabrio photo link on this thread. Is the sample wrong or does it photograph different that it looks? I was going to get mellow yellow based on the pictures I had looked at but when I saw it for real it did not look the same. Don't think I will know for sure till the car comes in.
You know SaltNPepa, you are correct about how a certain color appears. So many times, I have read different posts about how "said color" appears under different lighting (i.e. full sun, shade, twilight, steet lights, etc, etc.) So I would surmise after all is said and done, Horizon Blue (HZB) would be no less.

I guess the best rule is to see it in person at the dealer but my goodness I don't want to wait that long!

Guess I have no choice... I do hope that HZB is SB's first cousin rather than the grey overtones that appear on the cabrio in the pics. Judgement is deferred till I can see it for myself... It's the wait that is killing me!

Last edited by Sabre; 02-24-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
jman103099
Neutral
I really want to see one in person before I order... anyone seen these pictures yet? http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/02/12/ch...how-2009-mini/ If anyone is going to the Chicago auto show - be sure to post pics of the Horizon Blue!!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jman103099
I really want to see one in person before I order... anyone seen these pictures yet? http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/02/12/ch...how-2009-mini/ If anyone is going to the Chicago auto show - be sure to post pics of the Horizon Blue!!
These look more blue the the convertable pictures. The first cars should be getting here soon I think it started in feb builds. Mine will be here around the 16th of next month. The blue and hot coco leather look very good but I don't think can get my wife to go along with a 3rd MINI.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
minipuma
2nd Gear
FWIW I saw the swatch at the dealers this evening and the color looked darker (like the configurators) but the shade was more like the cabrio (i.e. not as much green as in the configurators). I personally prefer the configurator color, especially the Owner's Lounge image in this thread... the green-blue thing has a retro vibe that suits the car. Will be interesting to see it on a real car under sunlight.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:58 AM
daxstxx
Neutral
Just saw this color at Chicago auto show yest...looks GREAT..almost matte in finish although obviously a metallic..

Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 AM
KyleJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minipuma
FWIW I saw the swatch at the dealers this evening and the color looked darker (like the configurators) but the shade was more like the cabrio (i.e. not as much green as in the configurators). I personally prefer the configurator color, especially the Owner's Lounge image in this thread... the green-blue thing has a retro vibe that suits the car. Will be interesting to see it on a real car under sunlight.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought the color would look a bit more teal / blue-green like what I see on the configurator, or at least a little darker than those pictures. The color in the pictures of the convertible at the autoshow doesn't look that different from one of the lighter blues offered on the last convertible to me. I'll have to see it in person as the color in the configurator had me thinking a bit of trading up to a JCW.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by daxstxx
Just saw this color at Chicago auto show yest...looks GREAT..almost matte in finish although obviously a metallic..
Well you have to tell us which picture does it look most like? Owners lounge, cabrio or autoshow pictures. Waiting 4 more weeks for my MINI is hard enough not really knowing what color it will be just makes it that much harder.

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 02-20-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:07 PM
minicoopermike
6th Gear
In my 7 years of MINI ownership and seeing the swatch at the dealer, HB looks very much like COOL BLUE from the first gen car except it is a shade darker and has more grey............there is no hint of purple unlike CB.......and no hint of green unlike the configurator.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:57 AM
minijclub28
1st Gear
Hi, I'm new here but I ordered a Horizon Blue Clubman on February 2nd, 2009 so when I get my car, I will post pictures! Mine is the horizon blue roof and body so I hope it turns out to be the color on the cabrio. The one on MINIUSA.com seems darker than horizon blue. But I hope an official group will be formed! I'm really excited! I'll be back when I finally pick up my car which won't be until late March.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:17 AM
dgcooks
3rd Gear
It looks like a nice blue to me. I still like electric blue the best, though.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 PM
artfulmini
2nd Gear
Here's an amateur attempt at photoshopping some roof/stripe colors after copying a white roof from one photo and pasting it onto a horizon blue convertible photo. I'm thinking of going with a horizon blue roof for a MCS or a silver roof for a Clubman... Any other opinions??

p.s. I'm a little disappointed that you can only get the Leather Lounge Hot Chocolate seats w/ the Conv. and Clubman... not available for Mini S. Also, the Horizon Blue Interior Surface is only available for the Conv.

Last edited by artfulmini; 02-21-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 PM
littleone
1st Gear
I was in Peabody, Mass. today to look at a Horizon blue clubman with a silver roof. It's a great color! My MA said he thought it looked a lot like cool blue from a few years back. I put down a deposit and hope to be driving by this weekend. I'll post pictures soon, even though this should be in the clubman forum.

2009 HB/S Clubman S
Cold Weather and Premium Packages

Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM
artfulmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by littleone
I was in Peabody, Mass. today to look at a Horizon blue clubman with a silver roof. It's a great color! My MA said he thought it looked a lot like cool blue from a few years back. I put down a deposit and hope to be driving by this weekend. I'll post pictures soon, even though this should be in the clubman forum.

2009 HB/S Clubman S
Cold Weather and Premium Packages
Looking forward to seeing your HB/S photos!!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:49 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks kinda like the gunmetal blue that was available on some Jeeps in the late 90's.

I can't wait to see pics of a MINI in Horizon Blue. So what will the abbreviation be for this new color? HB is already taken by Hyper Blue...

Quick Reply: R56 Horizon Blue Owners Club