JohnJohn
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Hujan
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnJohn

Wow! Those look awesome, man! Very nicely done! They go with the color of your car very well. Really making me think I should have gone with the NM wheels instead of the Beyern Bavarias.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Hujan
Wow! Those look awesome, man! Very nicely done! They go with the color of your car very well. Really making me think I should have gone with the NM wheels instead of the Beyern Bavarias.
They are growing on me. They aren't body color, and in some light it almost looks like I'm to match it and it doesn't.

I think some euro flare(less the marker lights) , and some carbon wrapped head and tail light rings might help to send the message.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 PM
frstrtdmac
3rd Gear
Look great! What tires?

Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
Originally Posted by frstrtdmac
Look great! What tires?
tires here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3549930

Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM
MotoGreg
3rd Gear
I think some euro flare(less the marker lights)
If you research this, and find a source and a price, can you let me know? I know a lady who would love a set for Christmas.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Hujan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MotoGreg
If you research this, and find a source and a price, can you let me know? I know a lady who would love a set for Christmas.
What is "Euroflare"?

Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 AM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
I refer to euro flares as the plastic wheel well trim. In Europe the vehicles are not required to have the side makers(the front yellow and rear red markers found mounted in the flares). So changing out those flares ads a cleaner look.

You need to find someone Europe who is willing to order and ship you a set.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Hujan
5th Gear
I refer to euro flares as the plastic wheel well trim. In Europe the vehicles are not required to have the side makers(the front yellow and rear red markers found mounted in the flares). So changing out those flares ads a cleaner look.

Gotcha. In that case, count me in. I hate the reflectors and was planning to plastidip or tint them over. Do you have a potential source?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:18 PM
broussardc
2nd Gear
JohnJohn, those are gunmetal correct? They look a little darker than the NM site, which is a good thing.. I was leaning towards black, but wishing nm had more of an anthracite finish. The gunmetal looks exactly that! (assuming this is gunmetal and not black) Great job. ALSO, do you have the nm springs installed?

Old 07-14-2012, 08:18 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
Greg I may have a source I will start a new thread in Exterior and reference it here if I confirm the source.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
Originally Posted by broussardc
JohnJohn, those are gunmetal correct? They look a little darker than the NM site, which is a good thing.. I was leaning towards black, but wishing nm had more of an anthracite finish. The gunmetal looks exactly that! (assuming this is gunmetal and not black) Great job. ALSO, do you have the nm springs installed?
They are Gunmetal. I agree. I think the NM site may even have the wrong photo up for this wheel. If you look under Cooper S you can see the three distinct colors they offer in the 4 bolt. I think the gunmetal coloring shows up better in those photos than it does in the R60 5 lug wheel photos.

I'm not 100% sold on this color on a Royal Gray R60. After a day, they are definitely growing on me though. I would say they are the color of the stock S side scuttles.

Once I get my chrome wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl I think it will all mix real fine. My carbon fiber door handle covers give me an idea of what it will look like.

Yes I am running the NM springs too.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Hujan
5th Gear
They are Gunmetal. I agree. I think the NM site may even have the wrong photo up for this wheel. If you look under Cooper S you can see the three distinct colors they offer in the 4 bolt. I think the gunmetal coloring shows up better in those photos than it does in the R60 5 lug wheel photos.

I'm not 100% sold on this color on a Royal Gray R60. After a day, they are definitely growing on me though. I would say they are the color of the stock S side scuttles.

Once I get my chrome wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl I think it will all mix real fine. My carbon fiber door handle covers give me an idea of what it will look like.

Yes I am running the NM springs too.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing on the NM site. The pics of the 4-bolt and 5-bolt gunmetal looked different. For what it's worth, I love the look of your setup. I think it looks great.

Not to threadjack, but I just noticed you have the JCW front lip but not the side skirts. Does the JCW lip hang down further than the stock side skirts? Also, I can't tell from the pics whether or not you went with the rear JCW bits?

Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 AM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
Yeah, I noticed the same thing on the NM site. The pics of the 4-bolt and 5-bolt gunmetal looked different. For what it's worth, I love the look of your setup. I think it looks great.

Not to threadjack, but I just noticed you have the JCW front lip but not the side skirts. Does the JCW lip hang down further than the stock side skirts? Also, I can't tell from the pics whether or not you went with the rear JCW bits?
I just went with the front lip. No other JCW stuff. It looks like it hangs down slightly lower than the side skirts. It's more of an optical illusion due the curved bottoms of the side skirts, and the very slight rake the car has.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM
BlueCountry12
Neutral
Johnjohn, I really like the look and the JCW lip without the side skirts. I may have to try and be the first to fit one to my base CM.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:48 AM
RoyalR60
2nd Gear
Perfect size and height!!
Now i have some ideas~!

Old 07-26-2012, 03:39 PM
MotoGreg
3rd Gear
Arrow

I just ordered some from a website called estore-central.com. The four pieces, with shipping, came to $258. It said shipping to USA could take about 15 days. When I get them on I'll take some photos and post it in the exterior forum... well, there may already be a thread about them, I've never actually looked in that forum, I believe.

When I was looking for the parts I came across a thread on the UK message board MINI2 and several people there said they wished they could have the USA version, so maybe I'll be able to sell my stock ones and make the money back.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:40 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
I just ordered some from a website called estore-central.com. The four pieces, with shipping, came to $258. It said shipping to USA could take about 15 days. When I get them on I'll take some photos and post it in the exterior forum... well, there may already be a thread about them, I've never actually looked in that forum, I believe.

When I was looking for the parts I came across a thread on the UK message board MINI2 and several people there said they wished they could have the USA version, so maybe I'll be able to sell my stock ones and make the money back.
I just ordered mine from the same site. I usually use newministuff.com for anything euro I need. But I figure if Greg gets screwed I'll go down on the same ship.

I did this mod on my R55 and it really turned out clean. Sorry to post an R55 pic in the R60 forum, but this is what it did to my old R55. It's so subtle.

Last edited by JohnJohn; 07-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Hujan
5th Gear

I'm on the site now. When you click on "Buy Mini Parts" it doesn't look like you have an option to click on the "R60." Did you just buy generic R56 wheel wells? If so, how confident are you that they will fit the R60?

Also, there is a thread on this exact topic over in the "European Minis" forum:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...retro-fit.html

Are these supposed to be OEM Mini replacements?

Definitely keep us posted on what they look like. I would love to replace mine with reflector-less items.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
I'm on the site now. When you click on "Buy Mini Parts" it doesn't look like you have an option to click on the "R60." Did you just buy generic R56 wheel wells? If so, how confident are you that they will fit the R60?

Also, there is a thread on this exact topic over in the "European Minis" forum:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...retro-fit.html

Are these supposed to be OEM Mini replacements?

Definitely keep us posted on what they look like. I would love to replace mine with reflector-less items.
just order the replacement flares under R60. The rear is two piece, but you should only need the rear, not the piece on the door.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
MotoGreg
3rd Gear
I just ordered mine from the same site. I usually use newministuff.com for anything euro I need. But I figure if Greg gets screwed I'll go down on the same ship.
I didn't know where to buy from, I found a UK site with the parts diagrams and got the part numbers, and then verified that they were different numbers from our USA parts, but that site didn't sell parts. So I googled a part number and I found two places (that both turned out to be the same company) so that's how I came about this estore place.

Here are the part numbers, just copy/paste them into their search box and then you can add to cart. These are the OEM parts from MINI, they're just the version for countries that don't require the ugly lights.

You jumped right in JohnJohn, I figured you guys would wait and let me be the guinea pig before ordering!

Old 07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
You jumped right in JohnJohn
This is my third Mini. Euro flares are must in my book. My wallet is glad it's almost done.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Wade Explorer
1st Gear

Wow! those NM's looks sick John.. do they really weigh 21lbs? I'm looking to get those or the breytons..

Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Wade Explorer
Wow! those NM's looks sick John.. do they really weigh 21lbs? I'm looking to get those or the breytons..
Yes they really weigh 21lbs.

I few more of my little ride to help you decide

Old 07-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Wade Explorer
1st Gear
haha.. you devil.. now i really want those NMs..

Quick Reply: Pics: 19" Wheels on Countryman.