AMVIV4 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (2007) The forum for A Mini Vacation in Vegas, hosted by the Sin City MINI Club.

AMVIV 2006 date

Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMVIV 2006 date

I would like to announce officially that the dates for AMVIV3, will be March 24-26, 2006.

The host hotel will again be Palace Station, and for those who expressed disappointment with the Garden rooms, Palace is in the process of spending a couple of million dollars refurbishing them.

In response to several requests from attendees and vendors, there will be a track event. The Phil Wicks Ultimate MINI Driving Academy will be at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The Boot and Bonnet Show will be held at the track in conjunction with the driving school. There are a total of 17 tracks at the Speedway complex, so if you want to, you can drive a NASCAR with the Richard Petty Driving Experience or an Indy car with the Mario Andretti Racing School. The Speedway is also right next to Nellis Air Force base. I was at the track last week to check it out and in about an hour, I saw F-14 Tomcats, A-10 Warthogs and few other types of warplanes flying around. Very cool.

More details will be forthcoming as they become available.

Andrew/Agro

Old 09-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Agro
AMVIV 2006 date

I would like to announce officially that the dates for AMVIV3, will be March 24-26, 2006.

The host hotel will again be Palace Station, and for those who expressed disappointment with the Garden rooms, Palace is in the process of spending a couple of million dollars refurbishing them.

In response to several requests from attendees and vendors, there will be a track event. The Phil Wicks Ultimate MINI Driving Academy will be at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The Boot and Bonnet Show will be held at the track in conjunction with the driving school. There are a total of 17 tracks at the Speedway complex, so if you want to, you can drive a NASCAR with the Richard Petty Driving Experience or an Indy car with the Mario Andretti Racing School. The Speedway is also right next to Nellis Air Force base. I was at the track last week to check it out and in about an hour, I saw F-14 Tomcats, A-10 Warthogs and few other types of warplanes flying around. Very cool.

More details will be forthcoming as they become available.

Andrew/Agro

Old 09-06-2005, 10:00 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool... I've done two MOTD's so now I think it's time for me to do AMVIV!

Old 09-06-2005, 10:10 AM
camelpilot
Banned
I'm already locked and loaded. Cant Wait!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2005, 11:57 AM
supergimp
4th Gear
Missed last year. But it sounds like a blast. I'll be there!

Old 09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
vegasdan
3rd Gear
I'm sending my tux to the cleaners.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Agro
I've just been an AMVIV fool the last 2 days. Finally got back to the AMVIV2 wrapup, and have almost finished updating it. Just have the Strip Cruise and Valley of Fire run to go. Check it out, and again tomorrow.
I also added a page with the GoMINI article images. It's here.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Can't wait to see everyone there again. Maybe this year I'll have time to hit a few run runs.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
In response to several requests from attendees and vendors, there will be a track event. The Phil Wicks Ultimate MINI Driving Academy will be at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Awesome!!!!! I can't wait. I had intended to include a track event for AMVIV I, but time and resources did not allow for it. Congrats on getting it pulled together.

:smile: :smile:

Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Agro
Well, it was due to some unpleasantness with a local track day organizer and our insistance on having a track day that set the weekend for AMVIV so late in the month. If you want more details, come and ask me or Todd when you get here in March.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
kalbone
5th Gear
too excited to go again, cant wait.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
ATCQL
5th Gear
|My car was delivered 2 weeks after amiv,however will be there next year.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:49 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
We can't make the reservations just yet but we are definately going to try and be there! Can't wait to show off my little pink ride :D

Hope the Hafbrauhouse (sp?) is in the plans this year...if it isn't I'm going there anyway!!!! Their beer was expensive but man the food was unbeatable!

Old 09-07-2005, 08:00 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
MINI5280 is there

as in the last two years, with a contingent.

JPS

Old 09-08-2005, 06:27 AM
supergimp
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Emis
Hope the Hafbrauhouse (sp?) is in the plans this year...if it isn't I'm going there anyway!!!! Their beer was expensive but man the food was unbeatable!
If there isn't THERE SHOULD BE!!!!! And if not, it's bound to happen. Thet place is a magnet! It can't be avoided.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:08 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by supergimp
If there isn't THERE SHOULD BE!!!!! And if not, it's bound to happen. Thet place is a magnet! It can't be avoided.
Even though it's usually good to mix it up a little, I second Haufbraurs.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Agro
The dinner location is something that hasn't yet been finalised. It will be on the SATURDAY night rather than the Friday night though. Friday night will be an "open" night for people to do their own thing, drink, gamble, see a show, whatever. I'm sure that the Sin City club will be gathered somewhere close by and will welcome any and all MINIacs to joins us.

Emis, I'm looking forward to seeing your car this year. I want to see how it looks in person and find out details on cost and where you had it done and stuff. I see metallic neon orange in my car's future. BTW, I used at least one of your pics on the 2005 wrapup page. PM me your real name and I'll change the photo credit if you want, or I can leave it as Emis.

Jason, looking forward to seeing you guys. I was trying to organize a meetup with the Utah club at one point somewhere between SLC and Vegas. Maybe it wouldn't be too far for the 5280 club to come too?

Agro.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
as in the last two years, with a contingent.

JPS
May just have to think about going And hitchin' up with you in Denver

Lois

Old 09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Agro
Come on down Lois! Last year there was a car from Oklahoma that drove solo to Denver then caravanned the rest of the way with 5280. Those guys are pretty friendly.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 AM
cooprd
4th Gear
Hi Agro,

May I place the dates for AMVIVIII on the NorCal MINIs website?
Would like to let everyone know now that the date is set.

Thanks,
Carol

Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As you probably know, at AMVIV 2005, c3 hosted the Welcome Dinner at the Hofbrauhaus. It didn't go perfectly, but I think most people left with a good feeling, as is evidenced by the posts here of wanting to return. I hope we can be involved again, whether it's for the dinner or something else, as we've provided support roles for both AMVIV I and AMVIV II, and I see no reason why we shouldn't continue.

Originally Posted by camelpilot
Even though it's usually good to mix it up a little, I second Haufbraurs.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:28 AM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
Come on down Lois! Last year there was a car from Oklahoma that drove solo to Denver then caravanned the rest of the way with 5280. Those guys are pretty friendly.
I think a trip to Las Vegas is in the planning. Will take about 2 1/2 days from St Louis but hey it's in the MINI. Will probably take the southern route to avoid any early spring snow storms

Lois

Old 09-12-2005, 10:35 AM
goaljnky
Banned
I am in. Mininuts representing!

Putting a word out right now. I have a friend who want to co-pilot from Los Angeles to Vegas for AMVIV3. If anyone is interested let me know. Just PM me. She is lot's of fun and will keep you awake on your drive (as if that is needed).

Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You see, if you DON't come thru Denver, we cannot show you our favorite twisties and turnies and.....we can't motor topless!!

Just consider it. Fact is, it DOES snow here in spring, Vail Pass is notorious for daily storms (about 10,000 ft) but they plow a lot and put down lots of gravel and chemicals that are not good for your car.....washer jets routinely freeze up....etc.

Consider it...unless you want us to take the 'Southern' route to the Dragon next year...

Jonathan

Old 09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
You see, if you DON't come thru Denver, we cannot show you our favorite twisties and turnies and.....we can't motor topless!!

Just consider it. Fact is, it DOES snow here in spring, Vail Pass is notorious for daily storms (about 10,000 ft) but they plow a lot and put down lots of gravel and chemicals that are not good for your car.....washer jets routinely freeze up....etc.

Consider it...unless you want us to take the 'Southern' route to the Dragon next year...

Jonathan
You may just talk me into it, Jonathan I'd hate to lose my motoring buddy to the Dragon

Lois

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AMVIV 2006 date