Thanks Way & Chad

Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Cooper Guy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Way & Chad

I had a noise problem that started up late Friday after hitting a huge hole in the road at 55 mph in Smokey Mountains National Park on the way back from the Zip Line. Not sure if that is what caused the problem or helped it along, but the reality of it was I needed a new wheel bearing on the driver's front left late Saturday pm. Way had one of his guys look at it to verify the problem, but Way didn't have a wheel bearing for my R53. He then talked to Chad at Detroit Tuned. Chad had one that was on a display he had in his tent that would work to get us home on the 800 mile drive. Without them, I'd probably be sitting in Knoxville this morning (Monday) waiting at a MINI dealership to fix the problem.

I can't thank Way and Chad enough in their efforts to get me back on the road and home. You both have a customer for life!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's service! Glad to hear this kind of dedication to helping customers is still alive Looking forward to getting some future mods from Way when budget allows.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems all the mechanical problems occur on Saturday afternoon...

Chad and Way both consulted with me after my no-power-steering Dragon and Hellbender run once my alternator quit (we did it safely, don't worry - pre-runners, two follow-cars, in radio contact the whole time). While neither had an alternator, both agreed on the diagnosis and the problem.

Hendricks Mini was also outstanding - they had someone coming out Saturday night so they hand-carried an alternator to me! We did a Service Level 1 in the garage of our rental house and I was on the road with a well-running Mini (albeit with a slightly lighter wallet) the next morning. OK, it was the SAME morning, but after a nap...

Great job Chad, Way and the other Vendors who put up with all us Mini owners asking the same questions over and over... !

Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Douglas H
2nd Gear
It does not surprise me that Chad and Way would be giving that level of service at MOTD but throughout the year too.

These two guys and their employees continue to meet and exceed my expectations.

I just wished I was closer than a 5 hour drive to one of them.

Good job guys!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
LeahLuvsMINIs
2nd Gear
Way helped me at big time in Atlanta at MTTS this past year when my power steering went out.
He came in off the track just to put a new one in for me.
I couldn't be thankful enough for his help! He has a customer for life!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Grey Poupon
1st Gear
I was sitting by the fire at the cabin watching the whole thing happen. After a long day of work he still was willing to help someone out. Now that's work ethic!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
I was with Mark when he took the MINI to Way to have it looked at, and watched as Way and Chad worked to get him on the road. It's great to see vendors work together to help people out, and those two are at the top of my list.

When someone asks me about the MINI events I go to, I'm always quick to mention the "community" atmosphere from MINI owners and vendors.

Glad you made it home safely, Mark!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
It's helps that Chad and I work on MINI's to make our living, and work together to make make the MINI world better. We both respect each other and love what we do.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Isuldor
2nd Gear
I too wanted to thank Way. He dragged himself out of bed on Saturday night to take my car for a long drive trying to confirm my imagined wheel bearing noise. I was more then a little embarrassed when he told me very politely that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my car. The truth is that I wouldn't have risked another dragon run at midnight and would have been worried for my entire 1,000 mile trip home if he hadn't taken the time to help put a newbie's mind at rest.

Thanks Way.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
Now this is why owning a MINI is a great experience!